Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What caused the Late Bronze Age Collapse?
goku
gently caress you
The Sea Peoples
semen
The Dorians
The Doors
:iiam:
:chaostrump:
:burgerpug:
:secsmug:
:420:
:wink:
Natural disasters
Climate change
:krust:
View Results

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

In my head canon the Sea People were Deep Ones and they ate all the Mediterranean Gods, who existed for real, and that's why the world sucks now. But at least none of the women you know were raped by Zeus turning into a Swam or an iPhone, so I guess we're even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blue Star posted:

From what I know, Atlantis isnt something that anyone really believed in. Even at the time, it was just an allegory that Plato came up with and everyone knew it. I think he was using it as a device to contrast with his idea of a perfect Athens. Like, Atlantis was super advanced and powerful but they werent virtuous like the Athenians were, and the Athenians end up defeating them because the gods are on their side, so Atlantis sinks beneath the waves. All of the thinkers and philosophers knew that Atlantis was just something Plato came up with, all through the Roman Empire and the Middle Ages. Im not sure when that changed but I think in the 19th century, when archeology was starting to become a thing, less knowledgeable folks started to make poo poo up about how Atlantis was totally real and Atlanteans founded the Mayans, the Egyptians, Mesopotamians, etc. and they had psychic spiritual powers. But that all came from "modern" people, not ancient times.

Conclusive proof that people are becoming dumber, not smarter.

• Locked thread