Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Maybe it’s actually a devil’s trap for idiots.

I’m glad this thread didn’t end up back in the garbage pit of GBS. I was worried for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

On Satriani, I got into him this year. Never understood his appeal before. His sense of melody and phrasing is insane. I started paying close attention to how he leads you through a song and builds tension throughout and honestly it’s something special. I’m writing a solo guitar EP right now and the Satch influence has been huge when it comes to keeping my leads vocal and meaningful.

Vai owns bones and as mentioned gave Devin Townsend his break. Devin is my favorite dude. When your progression in the industry is being let in by Zappa and giving Townsend a platform you’ve done good for the world.

Shawn Lane is the best virtuoso of all time tho tbh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

cis autodrag posted:

lol@ using the name "Satch" when referring to some dumb guitar noodler

I mean, that’s his nickname though?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That Steinberger rules

cis autodrag posted:

Like, just the loving nerve to deign to share syllables with Satchmo is offensive.

Fair enough dude I feel ya, Satchmo is the man

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GreatGreen posted:

So I'm not exactly sure whether this is Stupid Music poo poo or Awesome Music poo poo but here's a video of a bunch of guitarists playing a Marshall 100w Plexi with every knob on 10 in a small room with glass windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKTi8l8Yuxg

This is wholesome as gently caress I love it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There’s not a Transcendent Elevated Next Level Music poo poo thread so here ya go

https://youtu.be/9VLV9S7RiiA

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I love that thing Albert King does that bluesmen do where he plays a lick or a phrase and it is so crystalline pure and to the very core of what it means to be a human being that they whip their hand away from the neck and let out a whoop like they touched a hot iron.

This is literally my favorite thing in the world

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Heath kicks rear end. All of the weirdo rockabilly country whatever dudes are wayyyy underrated.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I hate that and everything related to noise music and etc but also...

...i like it a little

Kinda like the guy who hooks up a piece of glass shard to an amp and plays it with his mouth

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s kinda true afaik but it’s more like W.K. has worked with a bunch of others to see that his persona was super successful and unique but turned into more of a him thing. Not really unlike pop singers but a lot more grounded. I could be entirely wrong.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I always think I’d love a fretless guitar but honestly just play slide. You can do most of what you could on a fretless with possibly more precision. Chords are useless on a fretless and you can always fret behind a slide like Sonny Landreth anyway.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

T-T-Triple Post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkAdC8ARKo

This sounds like one of those "shreds" videos to me without any editing at all.

uhhhhh this owns tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wampler group was wild this afternoon :lol:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m still dying to own a full holo guitar.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ruflux posted:

I just want to learn how play guitar, period, but it's so difficult when you don't own one, don't have time to practice and live in an apartment and don't want to annoy the hell out of your neighbors

If you lived in central Florida I would totally give you a super good deal on one of mine in the name of helping you join the cool kids club.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I dislike the body cutouts but mmmmmmm

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

^^^ lmao owns owns owns

woodch posted:

For content, I discovered this dude a while ago. He's done a bunch of "reacts to" videos, and they're just priceless (don't let the username throw you):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4EmeLhg2M

Watching him discover these guitarist for the first time is just adorable. Give his channel some love.

I like this guy a lot. He’s very genuine.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 5, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Malaria posted:

stealing someone else's style (see: SRV)

??????

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Concatenation posted:

hi my name is karl sanders out of nile and i order my custom guitars without a volume knob to let more of the ~tone~ through

(apologies for meme format)

Hey the volume pot thing is legit and useful!

fuckin :lol: that screencap though, hell yeah dude

e: found it on fb, it’s real! :getin:

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 10, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would play that as is for sure. Someday I’m going to have to buy a superstrat in the dumbest color.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Can’t tell if I’m utterly and thoroughly triggered or digging the batshit crazy pawn shop Fender vibe

Antivehicular posted:

stay safe guitar ghost

Nevermind it’s a win now

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That sucks but what doesn’t suck is buying that and starting a one man bass tribute to Yngwie Malmsteen.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is basically a voyeur video of me jamming everyday but I’m thiccer and don’t always wear a shirt while I play.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GreatGreen posted:

keep going I'm almost there

sometimes I switch from noodly ambient guitar to playing Van Halen riffs out of nowhere

I also do a weird hissing thing when I’m really into my playing for some reason

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

quote:

This site is built and maintained by H.E.L.Guitars.... It is functional, not flashy, "Flash" costs money and this would raise the price of our guitars.... Our
customers seem to think that the money would be better spent making their guitars rock than making a flashy website! We agree!

lol

Some of those look nice though

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Can’t wait for Gibson to implode :/

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That’s super hilarious to me because from everything I’ve heard Kelliher is like the nicest most easy going guy around. It’s baffling how they could gently caress up so hard.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yeah for real gently caress that

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The idea of sharing my equipment with crusters makes my skin crawl

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

awesmoe posted:

Sorry if this sounds too internet tough guy but how did you not kick the living poo poo out of those guys? Do you not have an ounce of self-respect?

This unironically

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I want that guitar real bad but thanks for pointing out the output jack. I hate that change :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Malaria posted:

Ok this thing looks/sounds cool. Anyone have the High Gain model?

I do. It rules. Unless you’re an absolutely max level tone snob you’ll be amazed at how it sounds and feels.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Just so you know the high gain X has a beautiful clean tone as well. The included delay/reverb plus the clean is something I can jam on for hours. It’s so good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s probably short scale and definitely has a very small and lightweight body.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I wish I was in a remote area / in a popular touring band / dumb enough to justify a big huge stack. My future is lunchboxes, solid state, and (ew) modelers. Extracting the greatest bedroom tones since the mid 00s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m a total delay/looper nerd but I’ve always thought the DL4 was a fragile turd :shrug: