Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Devin Townsend is about as awesome as musicians come.

I think one of my favorite old school shreddy virtuoso types is Marty Friedman. He has never ever done a cheap Malmsteen-type sweeping scale solo, and even when playing bleedingly fast metal solos it's always done with "feel" and lots of music theory. He's one of the few virtuoso-guys who I'd say hasn't just managed technique, but mastered guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMkb4pxOc30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Crossposted from the Metal thread, this album description reminded me of the 20-something year old IT guy that showed me his "demonic poetry."

https://vassafor.bandcamp.com/album/malediction

This was even more funny to me, because here in Norway Vossafår (pronounced the same way you'd pronounce Vassafor in English) is a popular brand of sheep salami.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I mean, that’s his nickname though?

This is who I picture whenever I read "Satch".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Armstrong

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Anime Reference posted:

Those famous shredder Les Pauls, y'know. The 80s were full of them.

I like them, for being the weird cultural mix they are. Les Pauls are always so classy looking with their burst finish and shiny bits, I love that they kept the shape and instead went for the hardware and finish of an Ibanez RG superstrat. It's about as great trolling as the frankenstein guitars posted in the old thread that would be tele bodies with Les Paul necks or SG's with Tele necks. Add a tone handle and I'd buy it just to piss people off. A pink LP with a Floyd bridge? I know some people who would be blowing steam out their ears just at the sight. Even though I normally hate locking trems, I'd even make an exception for this crazy monstrosity.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
What the gently caress? 4.000?
Well, that's Gibson for you.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Ok, this cracked me up.

I went searching Ali Express just to see if there was a pink LP with Floyd Rose there, and stumbled across this.

Notice the pixel blur.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fac...2790017907.html

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

T-T-Triple Post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkAdC8ARKo

This sounds like one of those "shreds" videos to me without any editing at all.

What the loving gently caress? Are these guys just trolling? That's just terrible in every conceivable way. Terrible technique, tone, rhythm, everything! Are these guitarists that get paid to show off their playing?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Joe Bonamassa is peak blues dad.

All the middle age pentatonic scale abusers I know with excessive, overpriced guitar collections obey him. I think he’s a boring player and the prime example of why white people should be banned from playing blues.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

GreatGreen posted:

Jesus Christ.

I'm the shallow cutaway that prevents access to anything higher than the 17th fret.

It's like someone didn't understand what cutaways are for.

That's a mirrored BCR Warlock shape. Why mirrored? It would have been quite funny if it was playable, but flipping the shape means the top frets are out of reach. It's not like with the Ibanez Iceman/Fireman.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Thumposaurus posted:

That thing was built from scratch by a guy over at the tdpri forums.
http://www.tdpri.com/threads/1959-warlock-les-paul-reverse.556998/
It's a pretty nice build just an unfortunate shape.
This is coming from someone who owns a warlock guitar and bass.

The only thing I really dislike about it is that he reversed the shape, rendering the top frets unplayable. It's really funny that he claims it's because the hardware and controls wouldn't fit and that he tried some modifications to the cutouts but couldn't make them work, and then further down on the same page someone posts a picture of a curved top (right way) warlock with the exact same control scheme, and he also admits to having done some mods to the shape by elongating the horns.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

woodch posted:

On the subject of isolated tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dsyo2Ox-0

I always forget how amazing John Entwistle was. I'd like to find the isolated bass for You Better You Bet if only for that opening riff.

...or Magic Bus :D

John Entwistle was great. Surrounded by three of the most expressive figures in rock, and he just stood there playing iconic bass riffs with amazing precision.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

hexwren posted:

The watch is amazingly disappointing.
So that wasn't a joke?

hexwren posted:

also if you haven't clicked through to see the gear inlay on the BACK of the steampunk guitar, you're missing out.

Holy poo poo, you're right. triple clutcher was underselling it with his post. That's a whole lot of ugly for 120.000

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The local instrument shop apparently has a great deal with the German guitar brand "Sandberg". About the price range of Fender and Gibson, but better quality control.

The instruments themselves are really high quality, they feel great, sound great, many have cool designs, BUT... Most of them are relic-ed.
http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/guitars/california-dc

At least of the ones the shop took in most of them have some kind of relic finish, maybe to drive home the selling point that every one of the guitars are hand made and unique one of a kind instruments. I hate it, myself. I don't mind if my guitars have scratches and bruises, as long as it's wear and tear from playing and traveling. I've said about several of the guitars that "wow, I'd want that if it wasn't scratched up". One of the clerks, a friend of mine who's a great guitar player and gear geek, insists that the aging is more than just cosmetic, it vastly improves the tone and if we had set up an A/B test it would be clear that the aged ones had better sustain and tone. Also, for some reason this tonal effect only comes from aging with sandpaper and tools, not from road wear.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

The Muppets On PCP posted:

your friend is an idiot

You'd think he's just saying it because he works in a shop and wants to sell the products they stock, but it seems like he truly believes what he's saying. On the other hand, he doesn't own any "aged" guitars himself. :D
One time we had this argument (it has happened a few times), I jokingly offered to relic his white falcon to improve the tone. That joke wasn't well received.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yeah, like I said, I think they're great, but I can't stand the "aging", and apart from the "Not-Tele" the local shop is ONLY stocking the relic stuff. Also they had a couple of those really cool/weird basses that look like you're playing a photoshop, they were sold almost instantly.

Then again, my guitars have a tendency to look relic-ed after a few weeks of use.

kjetting fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 11, 2017

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Also, this may be a bit extreme but this is (hilariously) making GBS threads on the accomplishments of Leo Fender in a way that I find crosses some sort of really nerdy line:

Would

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

GreatGreen posted:

I've always hated the argument that music isn't good unless it's recorded by one band in one room in one take. Raw technical musical ability at both a personal and group level is fine and good, but at the end of the day, literally the only thing that matters with recorded music is what comes out of the speakers. Doesn't matter if it's done by the whole band at the same time in one take or in a million different takes in different places then all emailed to the producer and mixed together later. Who gives a poo poo. It's music. It is 100% aesthetic. If it sounds good, it is good.

Meshuggah actually recorded their latest album "live" in the studio with real amplifiers and miced drums. Of course it's still tight as gently caress because these guys are machines, but it was still pretty cool for the "godfathers" of Djent to flip off their imitators like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHYopyQTwHk

Thomas Haake is loving amazing.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

s.i.r.e. posted:

As someone who can't stand Meshuggah and recorded their lovely "album" live, this is impressive since my efforts sound like complete dick.

I'm a big fan of them, but even if I wasn't I would have to admire them for their musical skill, performance and innovation. They were doing this back in the nineties before Djent was a genre (or a meme as it is nowadays) and before 8-string guitars and polyrhythms was a cliché. They also look really cool while playing it, rock out to the grooves and manage to recreate live what they were playing in the studio.

I loving hate a lot of modern metal. I hate the programmed drums or trigged drums that are sound replaced and beat detectived until they could as well have been programmed, and the bass drums that sound like snapping your fingers. I hate the semi-sweeping riffs that don't have any other function than jamming as many tones as possible into every beat, and had to be recorded at half speed and then sped up to make all the tones audible. I hate everything sounding so polished and perfect.
I hate things like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBvgEmCD1x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfT3vcG4qZc

Meshuggah's Fredrik Thordendal and Thomas Haake have to take some of the blame for inspiring this poo poo, as they pioneered a lot of the techniques and esthetics, but they were always and are still doing new and different things with their music, while their imitators are conforming to silly rules like alway including breakdowns in a song and whatnot.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yeah, the DOOM 2016 soundtrack is really awesome and gets you pumped to kill some space demons. Thanks for the link to the shop talk by the composer. I think his approach is kinda like what Trent Reznor when he brings his A game, playing around with textures and shapes and combining instruments with samples in a playful way. BFG Division is almost entirely just one note, but has incredible impact from the build up and dynamics.

Recording a riff at double speed on analogue tape, slowing the tape down to half speed and then morphing the guitar chords together with a classic doom chainsaw sample is not something you could do live in a band, but it really fits the video game soundtrack and sounds incredible.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Trig Discipline posted:

I have no idea who he is and didn't realize that the guitar was supposed to be a joke.

He's a reasonably talented musician with a reasonably smug and punchable face who makes viral skits on youtube with themes like "10 things bassists say in the studio" or "10 types of pop punk vocalists" and other observational humor, mostly from the metal scene. Like other youtube celebrity guitarists like Steve Terreberry, Rob Scallon and Kmac2021 he also has a strong fascination with "djent", that has long since stopped being a genre and started becoming a meme. Dines also does collaborative videos with his peers and a "guitar battle" jam-off called "shred wars". I haven't watched anything by him in a while (due to said punchability and not finding him that funny), but i saw Kmac2021 schooled him real good in the latest "shred wars" where Dines was doing cliched binary djent on his 8 string and Kmac was playing interesting and intricate riffs on a 6 string telecaster.

Haha, just checked out the 17 string saga. This reporter has a good take on it, why didn't he just auction it off for charity instead of reacting like a literal child that his joke instrument that was to be used for a joke segment on his youtube channel wasn't a hand crafted labor of love that a dedicated luthier whittled out of the finest tone woods?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zNTa0qBRc

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
It can be pretty terrible to have the sound too low as well. We played a local festival last year, as the token local band, and the venue was an indoors venue with room for about 400 listeners that was used as the punk/metal/alternative stage. During soundcheck, every amp on stage was turned to such a low volume it's a wonder the mics registered anything at all, and during the gig all audible confirmation that I was actually playing came from the monitor wedges that I would have to stand right next to at all times because they too were clocked so low that the sound drowned in drum noise if I moved even one step away.

The sound tech didn't seem like he was used to anything harder than country, because all the bands on his stage were too low.
We were really eager to see this band play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY076ho479U
As we all love their debut album and think they are one of the more promising harder bands in our country nowadays, and the sound was so low we could actually hold a casual conversation in the front row.

kjetting fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 2, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

I've seen a few videos of that guy Larsing classic pop and rock songs, and I think he does a spot on impression of Ulrich's playing style. Over-exaggerated moves, snare breaks in places they do't fit, sloppy rhythm, making faces to the camera, losing the beat with every fill.

In my band we are already using the verb "Hetfielding" about when rock vocalists make words that begin with a vowel begin with a W instead, or generally sounding like Dave Grohl's Scott Stapp impression. Like, when in the studio I can be told "yeah, great singing on the verse, but you totally hetfielded the first line on the chorus, was that intentional?". I think we'll start using the verb "Larsing" as well.

Other habits of playing or singing that should be named after the main offenders? I think "Bellamying" is a good term for inhaling really loud between the singing lines.

kjetting fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 2, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

fartzone_42069 posted:

Re: Lars. If anyone gives a poo poo.

Lombardo is incredible, he keeps time, plays insanely difficult poo poo really fast, and it really sounds like he's having fun and loving his job. He has played with everything from simple classic punk acts like original Misfits to proggish experimental metal like Fantomas, he always brings his A game, and always sounds really organic.

Lars could probably have been a good drummer if he had bothered. He doesn't. The biggest difference between 80's Lars and current Lars is that he still plays sloppy, where cocaine-fueled Lars played FLAMBOYANTLY sloppy.

Musicians can have many redeeming features. If you aren't the human metronome you can still master some advanced techniques, play lightning fast or do jaw-dropping fills. You can also have a really original playing style with inventive riffs/grooves/lines that inspire other musicians. You can be really great at being exactly right for your band and their songs with your limited skillset, or at least have a great personality that makes up for everything.

Ringo was maybe not technically diverse and no ones first choice for a session drummer, but was good at being the drummer for the Beatles, kept time and overall seemed like a pretty likeable fella.

I don't see anything redeeming about Lars.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

The Muppets On PCP posted:

jean-paul gaster from clutch is one of my favorite drummers precisely because of that, although he actually does have pretty good technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22m_Bu4SEo

He's pretty awesome, and the cool thing about him is that he just sounds really groovy and you don't notice how sick some of the stuff is until you start listening closely to the drums.

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah, it's really dumb. A lot of people think that if you "learn too much" or whatever, then you automatically transform into a robot who physically can't play anything but Bach to a metronome.

Everything bout this post is true. I mostly play in punk bands, but I will still practice playing classical stuff like Puccini's caprices or techniques like tapping or sweeping for variation when practicing at home. I'll probably never do full-on Malmsteen sweeping in any of my bands, but practicing the technique helps with my picking and hand coordination timing. It becomes a part of my tool box. I even think playing other instruments makes me better at playing the guitar and vice versa.

I think guitarists like Michael Angelo master Batio are what makes people think there's such a thing as too much instrument knowledge. When you hear him explain his technique he's also pretty cocky about it: "Yeah, I mastered the guitar and every technique at top speed, so I decided to also master everything at top speed on a left-handed guitar. After mastering that I decided to learn playing mirrored with my fretting hand above the neck and then with my arms crossed. I'm currently working on mastering all the same techniques with my feet" And then play some real silly and meaningless dual voice tapping polyphonies with a real serious face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6oABxbSaM

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Your ability to play along with a metronome is not a measure of anything other than your ability to play along with a metronome. We tried click on a song in the studio because the recording tech/producer wanted to try a different tempo a few ticks slower than we had played it before, and the drummer found it really distracting and couldn't "line up" correctly with it. He's not a bad musician, he just hasn't rehearsed with a metronome. My sister in law plays in another band. She has played drums for a way shorter time, but instantly tacked onto the click. She has played other instruments and been a vocalist in the past, so maybe it's about being used to conforming to someone else (drummer/percussionist)'s beat.

I used to play drums in a few bands, I really sucked at it and my only real "skill set" was playing a fast d-beat and 16th note snare fills. But I managed to play along with a click for a recording session where the rest of the band couldn't make it so I had to record the drum part alone. Not chirps, though. I think we recorded a kick hit and a snare hit and built a click from those that I then quickly recorded a track of the guitar part over so that I had another instrument to play along with in addition to the click.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Wark Say posted:

Though I heard that the dude is a mayor douchenozzle, I still think Daron's painted (lacquered?) Ibanez Icemen looked alright:

I think his dad painted them?

He may be a douche, but I still love his playing style, and those hand painted Icemen are the bomb.

Ok, I've seen this one before, but never got why there are two killswitches? Is it just because he has his hands in different positions for different songs/styles? One for each pickup? One that closes the gate when pressed and one that opens?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I like that ALL the classy looking guitars on the Mayones page are in the "discontinued models" section.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

NonzeroCircle posted:

I reckon he knows he's a ridiculous man who's lucked out getting to make a living from it. He's much less insufferable than Steve Terreberry for sure.

So true. I somehow still subscribe to Stevie T, but I think it's because I'm kinda fascinated of how deep the rabbit hole goes. He CAN have some interesting concepts SOME TIMES, but it's always presented with so many unfunny voices and "silly" faces and product placement that it turns into poo poo anyway. He's an OK guitar player, but he knows his audience and probably hams it up a little extra for them.

Dines is more versatile and also plays several instruments and knows poo poo about recording and gear. I don't really think he's an rear end in a top hat, but he really looks like one. He looks and dresses like the typical stoner/bro/douche/date rapist/fratboy who everyone knows at least one of.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I'm a little torn.

I myself enjoy playing with a guitar stack on stage that behaves like I expect it to and beefs up the sound by bouncing it around in hundred year old vacuum tube technology. I like playing along to the other members of the band, and in unison creating the music in the moment we play it, although it will probably never sound exactly the same twice in a row or sound the same as it did on the album. But it may also sound better than the album or our last performance.

Whatever floats other bands' boats I don't really care about, as long as I have fun at their shows. There are a few settings where I find it a little off-putting. For one thing, I find myself standing further back at such metal/hc shows instead of being in the pit or in front of the stage, because when everything is in-ear and the guitar sound is just run through a kemper or a mac that also houses the click, strings or other backing track, there is absolutely no sound coming from the stage area apart from drums and vocals, and to hear the guitars you have to go back to where you get the full sound of the PA towers. The singer keeps yelling "come forward" between songs, and I'd love to, but that means missing out on the music.

There's an amazingly technical band around here that plays skatepunk and always aim to replicate the albums perfectly. They also have a great stage presence, but they always bring their Kempers, in ear systems that they control themselves, everything on wireless etc. Basically tech you'd expect on large touring stadion bands on a band that often plays for gas money. Once I saw them play on a crappy PA with a stoned sound tech, and I noticed that one of the guitarists had no sound out of the PA. Somewhere there was a cable mishap or other screw up with that particular channel. Funny thing is that neither he nor anyone else on stage noticed it, because they all heard his guitar perfectly in their in-ear systems with perfect sound fed from his Kemper.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The worst is Doom/Sludge guys using that modeling poo poo. Dude, that specific music is 100% about amplifier worship. What the gently caress.

That's like a bluegrass band playing synthesizers. I would get mad if I ever saw such a show.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If I had a drum kit and triggers I’d just be doing 808 boom kicks and claps all day and night.

Play some superfast blast beats on that and your band can be the next Berzerker.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

hexwren posted:

I forgot about this, so now you have to remember it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

How could we EVER forget the magic that is SHAVE MY FRIENDS TONIGHT?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Spanish Manlove posted:

ULTRA INSTINCT: fake your singer being kidnapped to get your band's name on all the blogs

I actually did (almost) that for a promo for my band when we were playing a local festival last year.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Haha, mine was not THAT bad.

Last year we were asked to do some sort of video greeting for a local small festival we were playing in the woods, and most the bands just did a thing where they turned the phone on selfie mode and said: "Hi, really looking forward to seeing you all at **** festival! Cheers!"

We were originally thinking of filming something from the tour van or the rehearsal room, but everytime we had the opportunity we forgot, and deadline was approaching. So the rest of the band said: why don't you just think of something?

So, I went up into a local wildlife area alone and made a silly Blair Witch inspired short film, with the concept that I was trying to make a video greeting but kept getting interrupted by sounds, had strange things happen around me, got lost, encountered blair witch "twanas", and finally had a teardripping selfie closeup moment where I sobbed "if anyone sees this.... I just have to say .... **** festival is going to be awesome, with or without us".

I told the PR guy from the festival to jokingly post the video with the caption "we found this memory card near the festival venue", He went hog wild with it and added "have any of you heard from kjetting lately?". He even pitched the story to a local web-based newspaper that ran the story "festival puts out alert about missing frontman" (still an obvious promo piece with my obvious joke video attached), with a screengrab of the sobbing scene as the illustration. I didn't know it was in the media until I got a phone call from my sister-in-law who was getting phone calls from their family asking "what has happened to kjetting?? Is your sister OK having lost her man??"

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
A shame the headstock has his A logo, not his last name.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

The only guys who are allowed to wear something like that have natural grey/white hair and are the age where they are all out of fucks. Usually seen with a big smile in for instance punk/hardcore gigs and dancing more than everyone else.

People like that are always awesome music poo poo.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Lester Shy posted:

I got so many gifts like that when I first started playing. Strat-shaped Christmas lights, short sleeve button ups with flaming Flying V's on them, etc. Somebody on eBay actually paid like $50 each for the shirts years later.

A lot of the youtube guitarists I follow made videos about "worst/best gift for a guitarist" for christmas and I think "guitarshaped whatever that can't be played/can't djent" was an item on all of the "worst" lists. That and the hole puncher that makes picks out of credit cards and plastic lids. I think someone suggested "a pack of 9v batteries" as a great gift for most guitarists, and I kinda agree. Maybe cables or strings, but then I'd at least want the gift giver to know what gauge and brand of strings I prefer.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Spanish Manlove posted:

Cool guitar gifts:

9v batteries
GC gift card so they can buy the kinds of strings/picks they like instead of me having to guess what gauge you use
earplugs
One of those string winder / string cutter combo thingies (bonus points if it has screwdrivers and allen wrenches)
Guitar polish and flannel rags for cleaning (also q-tips for fine detail)
A clip on tuner

Good list.
Some of those you would make the gift giver think "nah, he's got one already", but you really can't get enough of guitar tools and clip tuners. You only NEED one of each, but drat it's great to have one clip tuner at home in the guitar room, one on the living room acoustic, one in the band rehearsal space, one in each guitar gig bag, one in the pedal tote, one in the car..... I could have received clip tuners from my entire family for christmas and never run out of places to put them.

Btw, guitar polish is not a "safe" gift.... Do a google for guitar polish/fretboard cleaning/lemon oil and you'll see the tone kings and blues daddies on different guitar forums go at each other's throats arguing about what will benefit or destroy your guitar/fretboard depending on the wood type (myself, I'd love such a gift).

Strings/picks/straps/straplocks are very individual, but it COULD be a great way to show that you don't ONLY know I play guitar, you also know my preferred gear.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

I think I may top that...

Ironically edgy guitar straps is easy when you're playing light hearted acoustic stuff.
When you're playing punk/hardcore you have to go the extra mile.

Around 2006-2007 I had a leather strap on my main guitar where a length of it was replaced by two sturdy stainless steel chains:

It was really uncomfortable and impractical (I move around a lot on stage, if you couldn't tell by my sweaty shirt), and it was insanely heavy. If I had been playing a Les Paul I would have had back problems after two gigs.

I used it for a couple more years after that, but I bought another guitar in 2007 and let the strap stay on what then became my backup guitar. So these two shoddy pictures were all I could find.

(The strap on the new guitar was also pretty edgy. I covered an old Fender strap in silver duct tape and drew on a flame pattern in black permanent marker).

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I've watched that Purdie shuffle video so many times before, but it's so hypnotic and can be watched over and over.

The beat also sounds great.
While it's technically impressive that someone trains so hard that he develops tits to have one part of his body count to nine in the same time period another part counts to four, the Pete Zeldman ENIGMA video still just sounds like he has an epileptic seizure behind the kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
What's the Wampler thing? Something happened that I missed?