Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

well why not posted:

much more ergonomic if you have a very firm beer gut or some sort of cyst

Someone needed to make the beer gut guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

BonHair posted:

I remember seeing the singer from Hatesphere selling one or more guitars explicitly because his beer belly wasn't compatible with them. I want to say he said something about playing flying V's exclusively because of it...

*searches Reverb for a Flying V.

edit: This video is great. When your boob hangs over your Strat, it's impossible to look cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoR-OcXIKWg

duodenum fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 19, 2020

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

I hate these people.

"Look at these guitars made for tiny little waify guys who weigh 120 lbs."
*shows completely normal guitars that work fine for anybody who isn't spherical*
*Is 370 lbs and can't access the volume control because his tit flap is hiding it*

The guy on the right is 30 years old, btw.

So, you looked past all the self deprecating humor and outlandish silliness like "bacon flavored" and "fans for my sweaty manboobs" and THIS is your conclusion? I pity your family, they're stuck with your humorless, bitter rear end.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Tell us more about this magnificent creature.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I just realized that BC Rich’s “Widow” style headstock is actually a little ball sack there in the negative space.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

jizzcaster

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

BonHair posted:

You know how you sometimes want to play Megadeth unplugged but still look cool? Look no further!

And there's more in the same vein: http://www.guitarmaker.de/acoustics.htm

Why is that in the Stupid Music poo poo thread? :colbert:

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://reverb.com/item/34661702-esp-ltd-devil-girl-fire-red-satin-2003-ohsc-new

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

What the heck, you guys cant hear Cliff on Ktulu? I went back to my old poo poo and he's all over it, that wah in the bass is unmistakable. His scream is like the beast they're singing about. Not everything has to Korn scooped to be metal.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

You guys have heard of the run of the mill Super Strat, but have you seen the Super DUPER Strat? HSS? HSH? How about SHSHS!

https://reverb.com/item/37011078-sa...-series-gig-bag

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

oh dear

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

you get the cheesy 80s stereo chorus plus an obnoxious gain channel
Cheesy yet obnoxious is the ideal guitar tone. :deal-with-it:

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

BonHair posted:

I know this account has been posted before (it's good), but look at this relic job: https://www.instagram.com/p/CK9a3EaMmo1/?igshid=1vel6ku4yhlyd

That's how heavy relic should be. I want one.

I love it.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

My favorite comment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://youtu.be/Eg9YzgEKnig

edit: url parsing/embedding broken?

[video type=“YouTube”]Eg9YzgEKnig[/video]

duodenum fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 5, 2021

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

For some reason, pedals go right to left.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

In Telecaster news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSiCW3-5i3k

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

How are you listening to it? Headphones, FRFR or PA speaker?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Agreed about IRs, I have York’s Mesa 4x12 V2 IR, it loving howls and it sounds better than anything stock on the Mooer GE100 or Pod Go (through an Alto PA speaker and flat headphones). So much variation even with an IR pack like that, different mics, mic combinations, mic placements. Has an absolutely huge impact on tone.

I want to buy more of York’s stuff but I know I’ll just go down a tone rabbit hole and not actually practice guitar!

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

?
"Well, we got some new custom shop guitars based on people no one really gives a poo poo about!"

We know it’s cool to hate Gibson, but this cool poster means Toni Iommi and Jerry Cantrell are famous people nobody cares about.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Jesus whoever let Joe buy those sunglasses should be slapped.

As a pathetic late Gen X, early Millennial blues dad myself, I can say that Joe is devastatingly uncool, but tries really loving hard, and we ignore all that mostly because he has some great chops.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

This con is the most boomer poo poo ever, wow.

Gibson: "Pay us some money and you can tell your friends you 'own' some really old guitar that some rear end in a top hat you idolized played for a while. You receive literally zero physical access to said guitar."

Boomer: *shits self* OH MAN I WONDER HOW MUCH I CAN TAKE OUT OF MY 401K TO GET IN ON THIS!

Nah, Boomers have retirement accounts. They didn’t have to deal with that 401k bullshit. They’d have to get an advance on their annuity or something.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if your amp is “flubby” in the bass, just EQ that poo poo on the way in, and/or EQ that poo poo the loop, right?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Elissimpark posted:

Did it chug?

Needed a little help.
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8ao5xJy/

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I know you guys love Steve Vai so I wanted to mention that Joe Bonamossa had him on his Nerdville YouTube interview show. It was fun to have in in the background while I did dishes, and Vai talked a bit about his lessons with Satch back in the day. Like, Joe told Steve to learn the notes on the neck for the next lesson but Steve didn’t so Joe just sent him home in disgust. Joe was a hard rear end, I think Kirk said the same thing.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

Blues lawyers are a dying market gotta get the next big demographic the punk lawyer.

Green Day kids with skinny jeans, wallet chains, and black eyeliner are lawyers now?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I have a cock ‘n balls gym sock you can borrow, op.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

You should go wearing black robes and corpse paint, sing all your backing vocals in a death metal growl, and make your vocalist translate your demonic growled comments between songs. Like your main band is Cryptic Coroner from South Central Poland and this is a side gig that you’re just barely prepared for.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

edit: nm

duodenum fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 2, 2022

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I was going to mention PG, he’s a lovable goofball.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Pg is chaotic good, Vai is lawful neutral, and yngwie is chaotic evil

So we need DND alignments for EVH, Buckethead, John Petrucci, and Satch.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Seems like “To Be With You” was just blessed by the MTV brass when rock/metal ballads were all the rock that made it to heavy MTV rotation outside of Handbangers ball.

Silent Lucidity, More Than Words, Don’t Cry, Winds of Change, Love of a Lifetime (Firehouse), Home Sweet Home, etc

(I’m a late Gen X who graduated HS in 1992 and lived it.)

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I respect the poo poo out of the skill, but I don’t spend any time trying to “get” Abasi and the 17/3 time signature crew. Just not worth it when there’s so much other music (that doesn’t suck) to listen to.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Don't forget bug spray.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's definitely an April fools joke, you gaslighting wise guys.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Boss Katana

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Middle neck has 7 tuning pegs and only 6 pole pieces on the pickups. What a poseur.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's not just straight-forward wankery, true wankers gently caress with time signatures so much that it's actively hostile to the casual listener. Oh, I keep stumbling over myself trying to "get" your wankery? Nah, no thanks.

again, this abomination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswDu3IlUbg

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

massive spider posted:

idk what hes cancelled for or whatever he's just a font of incredibly tacky bullshit. hes nu metal David Brent.

Chapman's "pudgy Englishman with dreadlocks" era was violently cringeworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

snoot posted:

the worst music I'd ever heard.

Sounded like Sting's solo work, but even more muso.

I'll have you know that Ten Summoners Tales got me laid twice. :colbert: