Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
How many episodes do we got?

Because while the beginning of the manga is good and weird, it slowly develops into being incredibly good and incredibly weird. I would love to see some of the later parts animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

an actual dog posted:

Phos being one of the last living things in the universe and also 100% completely useless, with no potential to even become useful at some point in the future, is an amazing cosmic joke.

Hey, Phos is cute, what more do you want? :v:

@Mokinokaro: Thanks. I still cant believe there is Houseki no Kuni anime, so I'll take what I can get. And If they keep the pace, it will get to some of the really good arcs anyway.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

a kitten posted:

Preview gif, doesn't seem to be a major spoiler, but i'll err on the side of caution.

e: ooo a gallery of the endcards so far too!

https://imgur.com/a/2X39H

Phos being demoted to snowgem after the last failure is pretty harsh.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

rincewind101 posted:

so do you functionally kill a gem friend by smashing them to dust?

Technically, if you could gather all the dust and then put it together somehow, it would revive as good as new. But realistically, yeah reducing the gem to dust is probably the closest thing to killing it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Congratulations, your Phos was updated to version 2.0! Now with 80% less uselessness and increased functionality for all Gold and Platinum users. Possible bugs in new version may include Hallucinations, Depression, PTSD episodes and forgetting their loved ones.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, that's not Phos anymore. Looks like we're finally seeing that Ship of Theseus stuff kick in.

Eh, I think that's pretty debatable. Being directly responsible for a death of her friend, and then having no other choice then to take care and protect a base that houses pretty much everyone she ever loved on her lonesome for an extended period of time, while still dealing with guilt and depression, would be enough to drastically alter anyone's personality, no Ship of Theseus theories needed. Still, the result is pretty much the same - the old Phos is gone and not coming back.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

iospace posted:

Regarding the Lunarian, I couldn't figure out if was supposed to represent a spider or something else.

I'm guessing more animalistic Asura. Lunarians borrow visuals from Hinduism as well as Buddhism so it kinda fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Wild Horses posted:

gently caress me its true

Does.... does that mean that Phos is Anakin? :ohdear:

• Locked thread