Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phos being one of the last living things in the universe and also 100% completely useless, with no potential to even become useful at some point in the future, is an amazing cosmic joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Knorth posted:

the moment Phos tried to 'save' Cinnabar from falling in the first ep and her arms just pop right off made me laugh too

It's funny but it's also extremely depressing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The_White_Crane posted:

I wanna find some nail polish in Phos' colour. :3:

Bad idea, you may be abducted by a moon monster.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Oh my god that episode was incredible. All the little action scenes were extremely cool, the snail was really cute and funny, and all the scenes where Diamond talks to Phos snail but it's really about herself was great. The ending ruled too. I think the snail is like half Phos now or something?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

iospace posted:

:same:

That said, I'm surprised they didn't assign her to be a scout.

Though who knows what's going to happen now.

she was basically supposed to be a scout last episode and hosed that up

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

let's take bets on the next body part phos loses

They replace her nose and she gets an incredible sense of smell.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Oh my god stop

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm fairly convinced that there's something driving the gems to protect each other, even when it doesn't make any sense to do so, or even makes things worse.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Here's a neat piece of art someone made for the latest episode: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66066914

it hurts so bad :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It also helps that this show cheats a lot, it's far from full CG. But yea, the shows ability to have this gorgeous action then transition to something small and meaningful rules a lot.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

She was so close to being useful and they snatched it away at the last second.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

At the very least I don't think they're dramatically limiting the frame rate of the CG like the Knights of Sidonia folks do, or if they do I don't notice it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This show hurts a lot. It's so good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

da beeper king BABY posted:

And also I miss old Phos :(

I miss her so much.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

a kitten posted:

Still sitting here kinda stunned about how the horrifying monster from last week turned into Puppy Trouble this week and it wasn't jarring to me in the slightest. The show balances a lot of different stuff simultaneously and it does it really well.

It turned into puppy trouble then led to an incredibly horrifying realization lol

Like last week's monster was terrifying but also exciting. This week was cute but just hurt my soul.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The scene where Antarcticite is taken is so jarring and emotionally distressing that I absolutely understand Phos being a very different character afterwards. It's also justified by how a gem's personality is related to their composition, we're not sure what part of the new phos is emotional damage or how their body has changed.

The contrast between Phos at the start, and the Phos at the end, is my favorite part of the series. You get annoyed with them at first but you miss the old Phos so much at the end, you can see glimpses of how they used to be but it's fleeting and makes the rest hurt more. Phos is useful now but that's not seen as purely a good thing, the show gets a lot darker overall.

It's really really interesting and I love this show a lot.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/Madai_pichi2/status/953362815984660480

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

I don't think its controversial to say the author drew them in tiny schoolboy shorts because she's horny

"Skimpy" is not the right word though lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wild Horses posted:

they are not girls but im still having a really hard time not calling dia "she".

As long as you admit you're wrong to do so

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog posted:

I'm officially banning heterosexuals from watching anime

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Plz make a manga thread for posting manga stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Anime is extremely powerful

• Locked thread