Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Rinkles posted:

Also, in case this isn't a known issue: sometimes when making a post, the preview screen won't let me post, instead leading to another preview screen (and then another). Canceling out resolves the issue (allowing me to post what was previewed).

This happened with this very message btw.

[iPhone SE]

same problem/phone.

Rinkles posted:

Any way to fix tweets not properly loading on a page? It usually works as it should, but on random pages I'll only get the text instead of the embed. Reloading the page usually doesn't help.

Also, in case this isn't a known issue: sometimes when making a post, the preview screen won't let me post, instead leading to another preview screen (and then another). Canceling out resolves the issue (allowing me to post what was previewed).

This happened with this very message btw.

[iPhone SE]

But when quoting somebody; after cancelling and then posting the quote gets posted double as you can see above.
I added this edit on my PC, because editing won't work on the app, because you get stuck in the preview loop.

Hope this helps.

mrfart fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Zesty posted:

Sometimes when scrolling through threads, the screen shoots back up to the top of the page. Is there anything on my end or your end that can be done about this?

Just discovered these. They’re great! I didn’t realize apps could let their users change the icon on the fly. Does Apple limit to how many you can make available?

I thought the screen going back to the top was due to tweets loading?

Also just discovered that you can change the icon, great!

Another feature I would like to see, but it's not really important, is the option to choose firefox as standard browser.

Thanks for the great app.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

pokeyman posted:

This shouldn't be too hard, I'll toss it on the list.

Thanks!
Meanwhile, I reinstalled the app and so far didn’t have the endless preview bug anymore.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Thanks for the default browser update. You guys are the best.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Mordiceius posted:

I’ve been stuck with the infinite preview loop for a few months.

When replying to the thread, I click preview, my only option is to continue clicking preview. If I click cancel and then try to post, it brings up my post in the actual preview window and then let’s me post.

So it would seem to be that when clicking preview initially and it switching to the “bugged” preview window, it is failing to load whatever code calls for the post button. Cancelling and reloading the post calls the proper code.

I had this too, but it disappeared after uninstalling and reinstalling the app. But I’m guessing you already tried that?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Sorry if this has been posted before. But how can I save an image now?
When opening one I can only send it to another app, not just save it to my images? Using iphone SE with latest iOS.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

MarcusSA posted:

You have to swipe up on the card now

It’s kinda annoying.

Thanks.
I should have figured that one out I guess.

The fact that saving an image instead of sharing it directly to contacts or opening it in an app looks much more important to me also makes me feel old.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I got auto-banned last week for posting a thread using a mod only tag.
Pretty loving dumb thing to do of me, I know.
Thankfully, Jeffrey took pity on me and un-banned me.

In my defense, when you post on the site, the left column always mentions the forbidden demon fruit tags.
The iOS app doesn't have a left column and I hosed up.
Or maybe it does have something similar and I didn't notice.

This has been the most traumatic experience of my life;

Thanks for reading.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Keep using imgur and just let your images be transient, nothing so important that it couldn’t be lost forever has ever been posted on the internet.

I don’t care about the images I post. I’m just afraid it’s gonna cause more work for some volunteer goon who’s trying to migrate all that stuff to another server.

Speaking of images, when you press and hold in the app and select [img ], the next menu always gives ‘from camera’ as the first option. Has any goon ever directly taken a picture of themselves through the app? Wouldn’t it be easier if ‘from library’ was the default? Imagine the taps saved! It would be utopia, we would finally be happy.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Subjunctive posted:

I think it honours the system font size stuff now, or something? I got used to it, but my initial reaction when it hit the beta was the same as yours.

What we really need is userStyle.css support…

It uses dynamic text that you adjust in iOS settings>screen/brightness.
I’ve also turned my text a little bigger there, because a lot of these apps have tiny fonts, but the contrast here is pretty big. I could turn it smaller in iOS settings, but then the text apps fonts would be too small. Ah, the agony of doubt!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The_Doctor posted:

I haven’t updated yet, how does image upload work now? If at all?

It's best to make one of these shortcuts in ios that converts your image, uploads it to imgur and copies the url + timg to your clipboard.
Somebody posted it here and I blatantly stole it.

But I'm guessing a lot of people aren't gonna know how to do that, and will just stop posting images.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Am I the only one who’s phone is running pretty hot these days browsing just the SA app? I started noticing a couple of days ago. Closed everything else on my phone. As I type this there’s nothing running in the background, just reading a thread in SA (that doesn’t seem to have anything that could cause a lot of work for the phone, like embedded videos) and the phone feels pretty warm and battery went from 50 to 20 in half an hour. Maybe something wrong with my phone.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

I would say so, yes.

I think this all started when I upgraded to 16.7.2 last week. Maybe a coincidence, I don’t know.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

big deal posted:

hmm. try changing to the green smiley guy instead of the ghost icon.

I’m an old man and I can’t tell if you guys are joking. The ghost is eating the battery?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m having this issue too ever since I installed 17.1. I assumed it was the new OS causing the battery drain.

It went away for me after a couple of days. No idea what happened. I still have 16.7.2, apparently, and now I don’t feel like updating to 17.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I even have the shortcut switch back to Awful for me and it works great.

This stopped working for me.
I just get an error saying the files don’t have the right structure. I tried different setting. But nothing seems to work. Uploading to Imgur through a phone doesn’t work anymore even with desktop version of the page. or going straight to /upload. So I wonder how everyone manages to upload pictures now ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Hey goons I made a thing to upload pictures to postimages thanks to someone else reverse engineering their API:

https://github.com/ShareX/ShareX/issues/472

Taking a screenshot and uploading via a shortcut:

Here's the shortcut:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/aac0490fbdb349a1bd78dab37b5d7d67

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/05a19d6803b444a98e1f5577e693d9d1
(this one has a menu to copy the url or timg code)

Someone better than me can play with the shortcut a bit and post an even better version.

There is an API token in the shortcut which was just obtained by right click view source. It's the same token that's posted in that GitHub.

Test