Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The_Franz posted:

there's a lot of broke people with fancy clothes and cars because that's where all of their money goes

its true. 99.44% of "poor" people own a refrigerator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stringent posted:

so loving glad i got this 2015 before they took them off the store...

2 of my buddies did the same thing, no shame

i have a 2017 rmbp touchbar trashpos and it's "fast" but i have to use a kb (and thus a mouse too) to get anything done with it.

if apple came out with a good bluetooth kb with touchbar id maybe be intrigued

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bring back the half width rack format, make the xserve a 1u of that, make the mac pro a deskside chassis that fits up to four of those

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it wasn't like some ricey HERE'S MY RADIATOR FROM AN OLD HEATER CORE AND MY OCZ NEON TINTED COOLANT water cooling, it was just a heatpipe. no reason to piss nails over it. every computer ended up getting one

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok i'm extremely wrong here and admit it

lol just lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i'd proudly use this lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

going from the g4 powerbook to the first macbookpro felt faster than the first time you used an SSD

we went g4 ibook to c2d blackbooks and god we partied

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i'd buy a cheap trashcan now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

roboshit posted:

implyaing yosposters dont all wear huge cargo shorts with an ipad air pocket and macbook air pocket

thats the joke

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wish i knew, amigo. so many troubles gone in the breeze.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pissflaps posted:

Did you mean to write '3 hours after you may or may not have been driving'?

cool its pissflaps

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Amethyst posted:

thanks for the style update, guy who lives in an apartment that smells strongly of cat poo poo and who's brain is infested with an unusually aggressive colony of toxoplasmosis.

turn your smell-o-vision monitor on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Amethyst posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hahahaha eat poo poo amecyst

loving blue stymie turd

owned

lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
get hosed blue stymie

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

apple makes terrible products and people should rightfully be shamed for using or defending them

theyre the worst phone out there - except for literally all the others. Shaggar is right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have some sick poo poo in my helmet

i can even tap a button and yell NAVIGATE TO THE NEAREST DILDO SHOP and siri goes to work

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gentle Autist posted:

maybe I will just wear a motorcycle helmet for aclls in the office with this installed

does it have a hardware mute button??? v important if I need to take a dump during a call

you wont need one. ppl call me on it and they cant even tell im on the bike unless i'm doing like 65 or better

it pairs to 2 devices too which is pretty neat. oh and it has an FM radio so if youre an idiot like me and forget to charge your phone you still have some tunes on the road

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

do motorcycles have anything comparable to a cigarette lighter port or are you on your own for electricity

some of the big touring bikes have cig plugs, yeah. I have a weatherproof usb x 2 socket hardwired to my battery tucked up in my dash, i can recharge mad poo poo while i roll

my headset has a lil built in battery that lasts about eight hours tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive got a 5 and an 8. the 8's just fine but theres just something cute about the 5. also its slow so it stops me from wasting time on bullshit on it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i use the space bar trackpad thing constantly to fix Eat Up Martha poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it is noble and morally correct to steal as much as you can from adobe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
remember when the cool thing was to have some third party control bar and a bunch of widgets on your desktop lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nobody wants a god drat 4k hdr webcam because everybody always looks ten years older and 20 pounds fatter with way worse skin if you're not retouching

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

these posts lead me to believe a lot of people in yospos are very lonely and only interact with other people in work settings

who would have imagined that the industry that specializes in isolating people and destroying all normal human contact ends up isolating people and destroying all normal human contact.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
iirc it's not system on A chip becuase the earlier ones sometimes took two chips to do everything. now theyve got it down to one die

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

carry on then posted:

lmao the new macOS looks like poo poo. ... what the gently caress is going on over there?

theyre getting ready to do some stupid poo poo in 12-24 months like make your macbook a touchscreen with no trackpad and just make it run ios, that's what.

every ui change theyve made on desktop is expressly intended to facilitate touch. the 'stretched out menus', the giant titlebars. the Photos clip where they zoom way in and way out on a library, a motion obviously intended to be controlled by a pinch zoom. strap in and get ready cause it's comin'

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

gently caress you panopticon loving assholes

i'm not putting in a loving webcam for work

im literally the most paranoid person on this forum and i spend 3 hours a day on zoom calls. its fine. just put some pants on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

limaCAT posted:

Lol your Mac now has a virus

it's not my mac, i don't give a poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nah they're gonna do a Rosetta thing so your intel compiled poo poo will run okay

i'm trying as hard as i can to get five more months out of this lovely work laptop b/c i'm due for a new one and i want that 16 hour ARM battery life

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
turns out all computers are bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
honestly about the CPU switch, i think it'll be really cool that they can theoretically release one app that runs either on your phone, tablet or your laptop. hopefully they'll actually do that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

u will just use the existing ios version of the app instead of the osx version u use now

im fine with that. half the downloads means i can torrent more anime

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
zoom also brought things like presentation mode and the "raise hand" thing so you can forcibly mute all the potato chip eaters and keep things tidy. i suspect skype scales v badly past about 8 people in a room, whereas you can do a 500 person zoom no problem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Maximum Leader posted:

the real question is whether the AirPods Studio will be released

that's the beats market. i want actual apple airpods over-the-ears with the same tech as my airpods pro, but they want that branding for that poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
can i please just connect my slack account to my apple tv so i get notification popups in the top right or whatever when im watching a movie

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i mean away mode exists why are you all crapping your pants over this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol if you think there will ever be 5g mmwave density such that you as an apartment renter can get your own pipe with a patch in the window. theyre gonna have one link for the whole building and you can pay $30 a month like all the 100 other residents for a $99/mo 5g shared pipe. you will connect via 5ghz wifi at best. a dozen people will not understand what is going on and will connect their router lan side to it and run rogue dhcp servers.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive got a 2018 rmbp, my second one, from work. i am excited about the arm switch and am hanging on six more months even though im due for a new laptop from work

also

pointsofdata posted:

My mum's macbook "pro" has a messed up screen and my partner's has broken "e" and "r" keys which apparently requires multiple days in the apple store to fix

on my first laptop the R key broke so badly that the cap popped off and shattered the screen when it was literally in a padded pelican case in checked baggage.
this laptop the R and E and F keys are shot, so i carefully lay my spare apple BT keyboard over the stock one.

touchbar rmbp is the worst god drat computer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
in a shocking switcheroo, apple announces that all iphones going forward will be intel x86 powered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
happy 1000 pages of rip stebe