Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

I haven't really played this game since the dev team forgot what fun is and broke the bison. The jetpack's a good sign though. Maybe I'll finally make it to 2500.

and this is after I reset my playtime due to using the auto-idler back in the day :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm liking how the jetpack works in theory for the Pyro, but jeez louise, nothing but trouble with the Dragon's Fury

everyone's using one and holy poo poo what were they thinking with this dang thing

it's definitely a cool weapon because it's heck of strong and is going to suck horribly once they get around to nerfing it two years from now

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ArfJason posted:

invis watch has always been supremely good

it's the watch to wear

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Warpy posted:

Come To https://tf2center.com

Highlanders/6s/ultiduo 24/7 in eurolands and americanlands

It never ends... never stops always highlander.

There are also other fine websites like tf2pl, tf2pugs, pugchamp, mixchamp, and tf2stadium but they more about 6s/7s??

wowow. Mumble. this isn't casual, friend.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it's not that bad, but I sort of have to live with that post

memories of 6s sort of blinded me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

I really love backburner pyro, it was my first love in this game close to 8 years ago. People get so loving salty when you get in their face and you light them, then immediately reflect their rocket/pills/flare back into them with the backburner.

So loving salty.

if they don't see you, get crits on their back with the Backburner

if they do see you, show them how to use a shotgun

it's a win/win situation for making people upset with the Pyro! :pram:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

did john carter ever go back to med school

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Warpy posted:

dustbowl 4 lyfe

db_heights, the wretched hellspawn of Dustbowl with a payload

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I've always had a soft spot for Fastlane :shobon:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Warpy posted:

looks like an upgraded bball game mode with that custom map in the ytvideo

I'm going to change your avatar if you're wrong

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Just play the game. Sniper specifically doesn't have an upgrade until you are really good at sniper, then you can trade for the situational "upgrade" for a scrap. Pyro will always only be as good as you are as a player, and still not that great, regardless of the weapons you use. As far as the pyro's other weapons, if you see one you want, you can almost certainly trade it for a scrap.

The Pyro is only as good as you are with their secondary. You can do one thing really well, but you shouldn't be doing it all the time. That being said, the stock shotgun owns.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Warpy posted:

I put a lot of thought and effort into this

https://i.imgur.com/ewqGJAT.png

*reads through maps that you can easily stickybomb jump through*

yeah this checks out

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, I remember why I like Upward 🗡️

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Fojar38 posted:

Yeah the rule is that you don't try to win Doublecross because if people win it means you're closer to playing a CTF map that isn't Doublecross

sometimes, your sentries demand a change of scenery, so you cap the flag and switch it to Turbine,

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I couldn't begin to tell you what Robin Walker does these days. Has he worked on DOTA?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

flatluigi posted:

this is definitely the going story but the fact that campo santo can go from a project they were very much excited for to having the project shelved forever as soon as they were acquired means there's some disincentivization going on

It's akin to that article published about the nature of Valve's open team framework in that you always want to be on the inside track keeping everyone else out or at the very least bogged down.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ctf_hallofdeath: the greatest map of all

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you're going to fix melee, let there be a sidegrade to the Ubersaw that lets me fire the needle off of it for that authentic "I hit you from across the room" experience

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you'll have to pry the googly eyes out of my gas mask

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kaethela posted:

Gotta admit, pretty good idea.

Even with the bright, scorching flames, they'll never find you. Or they'll always find you. Either/or.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ariong posted:

Duping is the culprit. The more buds people duped, the more they lost both their value and their use as a backing currency.

the medals are weird in that at once they're not the most valuable thing out there, but are also uniquely scarce in that they all have a number from 1 to 5000 I believe

mine was #1442 and I traded it away for earbuds and the like a very long time ago lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ArfJason posted:

the widowmaker loving rules and back when i had my aim on point i never stopped shooting

Absolutely. I can forgive a lot of, well, a lack of Engineer unlocks, but if there's one to really shine, it's the Widowmaker.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Thank you! I knew most of those, though I'm still pretty bad at damage surfing

Amy tips for heal order?

I tend to prioritize people based on their distance to the next objective and their current health; the lower their health and the closer they are, the more important a priority they become. Class matters as a distinct second, as there are low health classes that can find safety (Scout) or make themselves safe (Spy) in certain situations, while high health uninjured Soldiers and Heavies might soon be turned to mush as they rush into the head of a fight.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Unfortunately there’s a level beyond that. A friend who hasn’t played in years rung me up to play the other day. We ended up on skail 24/7 2fort. It was unbearable beyond 2fort being a horrible map. Literal shrieking over the mic by multiple people when they died.

skial 24/7 2fort servers half-full of bots will survive with CS:S 24/7 gungame surf to the end of days

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ArfJason posted:

on retrospect i might have placed gorge a/d higher than i should

Steel gets such a bad rap when it's genuinely one of the more enjoyable maps in the game. it's definitely one that requires more attention to map rotation since it can land like a wet fart after a map like Frontier

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

I wish Valve still supported the Replay Editor. I know it's enabled for some community servers, but being able to capture some of the successes or funny deaths I've had with the press of a key is something I wish had been kept on.

it's depreciated? did Valve stop supporting it when they introduced the new UI to the main screen?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

has anyone seen this out there?

https://twitter.com/MR_QUATTRO/status/1301467502342541312

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Colapops posted:

I have an old unusual-quality haunted metal scrap, the original kind. I can trade it, but it can't be marketed. Some sites say it's worth about $100 or 56~ keys. Do you think it's actually possible to sell something so old and weird? AFAIK it's only used for that axe, but you can make the axe with the newer, ordinary haunted metal scrap items.

Should I even try to sell it? Where is even reputable anymore? It seems like marketplace.tf2 is effectively shutting down.

If you have any other oddities from that time period, up to and including dropped items with a random level on it, you can try to squeeze out slightly more.

Some people will pay for a Vintage Lv. 100 Jarate.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ArfJason posted:

heavyisgps released a video that sums up the most interesting changes from his balance mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTysgofSuI

i joined a server in brasil that ran it but i got 200 ping and there were only 3 other people in it

is this one of those SVN mods like Open Fortress? I've been enjoying that, but I would like Capture the Flag to finally make an appearance.

edit: lol, health regen on the stock Bonesaw. that's too sick

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

actually heavy with a shotgun is the most skillful class in the game

You even get a one-shot kill in the form of your fingers.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I still think about the Ambassador and what it once was.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ArfJason posted:

I was probated so i couldnt comment on it but what the gently caress kind of psycho talk is that soldier is in any way good at long range. His rockets are intentionally designed to take forever to cross those distances and theres falloff which kills their damage. Best case scenario you get about 50 damage and thats landing a direct. Like can you imagine somehow having a roof to roof standoff with a sniper on harvest and trying to outdamage him with *rockets*? What

I do love when people can kid themselves with the Direct Hit like this. lmao yes it's a faster projectile, but do you think you can do that? really?

not a lot of people think about the speed of Demo pills, though. subtle, but it's always been helpful. nothing like that pill/Bomber hitbox bullshit lol

edit: you can have a better time doing the same poo poo as a Pyro with a Flare Gun because you're rewarded for that poo poo

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 23, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

CoolCab posted:

demo to contrast actually can be dangerous at longer ranges - grenades have no damage falloff ever and stickies lose it after a few seconds undetonated. very fond memories back in the mvm launch days taking out clusters of sniperbots with one loch and load round.

I remember the initial hub-bub when Demo players took one long look at their grenade launchers and realized they could one-shot a Scout

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Those changes to the Syringe Gun are giving me an itch for uber-chaining. Ubersaw for uber, syringes for DPS and to top your own uber off for the second medic's run.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

They do, it's just that they let everyone else make the content for them.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Otacon posted:

It was in a limited Salvaged Crate that had a super rare drop rate.

Back in the day when Dota2 was in Beta, I sold my Dota2 access pass for a Strange Kritz + Strange Gunslinger, another Salvaged Crate prize. Absolutely hilarious looking back on it.

I remember being excited to trade off my soldier medal for a pair of ear buds and change because they could be equipped on all classes.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Is this a new bug? I don't think I've ever seen this one.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Game's still as good as ever. Sort of surprised I didn't run into any one of those bots while on Valve servers tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Or, you can use a Shotgun and not sacrifice your main utility of killing the other team. Use the Flamethrower as your secondary instead and lead with the Shotgun for results.

If it's good enough for the Engineer, it's also good enough for the Pyro.