Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
Fiance and I both have the 10 GB plans individually. Would we have any trouble combining this into one shared 10 gig plan now that they're not available for new accounts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
Does it reach farther/better than your WiFi? I guess I'm just curious what the advantage is over WiFi if your phone does WiFi calling.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
I just got married in October and my wife and I combined our account into my account. She just got her final bill, which is -$210. That's about 3x her monthly bill. It makes sense that she got refunded the postpaid amount for the month, but I dunno what's going on with the other stuff. Any ideas? It's not urgent, just confusing.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
No money yet, it was just an invoice, but if we get a check, yeah.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Danhenge posted:

I just got married in October and my wife and I combined our account into my account. She just got her final bill, which is -$210. That's about 3x her monthly bill. It makes sense that she got refunded the postpaid amount for the month, but I dunno what's going on with the other stuff. Any ideas? It's not urgent, just confusing.

So she got a visa gift card for $275 and her final bill reflects that amount with no explanation. Only thing we can figure is that maybe she paid a deposit in college when she started her service that never got refunded and it's ten+ years of interest payments or something.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

No idea, but hey take the credit.

A deposit does accrue interest so always possible , but that’s super rare.

I just hate an unexplained mystery but trying to get the bottom of it feels like asking the bank why they made an error in my favor.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
I got a text offering a $40 discount on two lines if I switched to an unlimited plan. Would that stack with a teacher discount?

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

It wouldn’t stack with the teacher discount , but the teacher discount is $25 versus $40 so I would take it.

We pay all-in $114 for the 10 GB plan at the moment. The billing thing says $159 for Play More, which would put us down to $119. We also already pay for Hulu no-ads, so that would net us closer to $104 for our phone bill after considering what we'd save on Hulu, yeah?

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
You're changing who is liable (responsible) for the bill.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

I did speak to someone who said that moving to the unlimited plus plan would allow me to keep my promos, but the military discount on our account would likely drop from $40 to $20.

Damned if you do either way.

I mean, the actual discount matters a lot less than your total bill at the end.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

This is the truth, plus you have to factor in the other perks like the Disney bundle and Apple Arcade that are included.

That's why we switched to a newer plan a bit back. I figured out that with the Hulu discount our net cost would be about the same and we could get new phones if we got the $40 2-line loyalty discount I was offered.

I did have to call Verizon support 3 times to get them to apply the discount correctly, but it's been smooth for a few months now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
If I have two Play More lines right now, would moving one of them to the new plan variant get us free Netflix without adding to the plan cost?