Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Does anyone have the pic of the dog dick coffee table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

You can buy Bitcoin at Coinstar machines now!

https://www.coinstar.com/bitcoin

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Gaukler posted:

Weird that FC eats a week probe and Seraph shows up.

And didn't FC show up around the time Ham Sandwiches disappeared...

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Vice News tells me that Bitcoin is at an all time high. Is this from idiots divesting from USD before Biden gets into office or from someone hitting the on button on the Tether printer again or just some new level of general human idiocy that makes as much sense as Bitcoin itself?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Rectal Death Adept posted:

We don't want the thread closed because of Seraph, we want it closed because we are afraid of the new bitcoin world order. All time highs in price means we are mere days away. From something.

Mass death via worldwide heatstroke from mining farms. Bitcoin mining is causing the next great extinction even any day now, make sure to buy some before society collapses you'll need them to barter with.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Splicer posted:

Who knows (tm) but based on past history it will go up and/or down for a bit (tm) then drop 50% over the course of two weeks just after zuarg buys in.

Has anyone every tried using zuarg to time the market? It seems like just as rational a strategy as using technical analysis.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I thought I had missed something interesting when I saw all the new posts but it's just Ham Sandwiches being back. That only happens when the number goes up so I guess to the moon? I should buy Bitcoin now right?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Short pump, now back down. Buying when 🍖🥪 isn't posting seems the more reasonable investment strategy to me.

I base all my incestment strategies on doing the opposite of Zaurg i'm not sure I can just switch up like that.

Edit: lol what a loving typo.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

GameStop should sell used videogames on some sort of Blockchain based system.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If GameStop paid out in Bitcoin instead of store credit...

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Stealthgerbil posted:

How high of a price does it have to hit before people will admit that they regret not buying even a little?

I regret not putting all my money on red the last time I was in Vegas because my $10 bet on black lost.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Where can I buy an NFT for Duck Tales? I've got this amazing idea i'm working on...

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is good for Bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/TeletubbiesHQ/status/1377259542640218113

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Why is Dogecoin worth like $0.20 each now? It's pretty much tripled in the past few days. Did something happen or just "lol crypto."?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

xtal posted:

I've come to an understanding with HGB and decided to take a break from posting in GBS on my own accord. May you remember me by the avatar. Good luck!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

drk posted:

No, it was more like 100% unless for some reason you count un-exercised options. These insiders dumped most (or all) of the shares they actually held. You cant sell shares you dont own.

When the CFO cant be bothered to keep even a single share, lol

This is good for Bitcoin.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Ccs posted:

Yay he finally left.

The idea that people spending money on avatars gives him a moral high ground certificate he can redeem for argument points is very funny.

He's "left" before, don't get too excited.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The Elon "smoking" weed gif can be found in the first post of our delightful Musk thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862673

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

You skipped the best bit:

quote:

I don't know a lot about cryptocurrency, but I know she's relying on new membership to help pay for earlier members. That way, even when her investments are down, she's still able to make a profit for club members.

I appreciate your suggestion about the burden this is creating for me, but this is my family, and it's my responsibility as a parent to figure this out as a family.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

jokes posted:

The difference is that central banks have access to guns, factories, and laws that support their position

Tether has a very pretty top hat with some very convincing evidence inside of it that guarantees its position, but you can't see what it is!

Hey man my RabbitCoin is going to the MOON, you know how fast rabbits breed. Always going to be more and more of them.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

magusperivallon posted:

1. I am not Seraph.
2. If you would like to engage in an actual debate, you could begin by reading the original post, then if you have questions regarding sources, quote specific sections, and we can go from there.

You are definitely not Seraph, you didn't post YouTube videos with your wall of text or any of your other posts.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My favorite part of this image is that Colton loving Burpo is actually a real person (I don't think any of the others are?).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Number go up and Ham Sandwiches is back... hmm....

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Why do I feel like they chose that location due to the "E 7TH" in the address because lol ETH. How clever.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Wasn't half the point of the Bitcoin ATMs was that they were also miners using the store's free electricity? I can't imagine that would be worth it these days unless you find some sucker who will let you put a few dozen in the store.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

repiv posted:

IIRC it was that if you returned the car they could choose to pay you back the amount of BTC you paid or the dollar equivalent of the BTC you paid at the time, whichever is worth less

And if the price of Bitcoin went up between sending it and the transaction getting confirmed and you overpaid they would not reimburse you the difference.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea built it and paid for the followers count, the whole style reeks of the South Korean/Japanese animated avatars they use as a "musician"/band. Wasn't there one famous one that "toured" and also had some glitches? Something for kpop I think. Not just the hatsunke miko one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptPDsuQPa8

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

There was (I think?) a David Gerard/Divabot blog post or Twitter thread covering how 30+ of 35 of the major "blockchain" projects failed. I would appreciate if someone could link me to that, I have a friend who is interested.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Crust First posted:

[reply to question]

Thank you!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

vortmax posted:

Anyone know how many accounts he's purchased so far?

A few months ago it was at about 90? who knows now. Too many.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Waffle House posted:

So if a rug pull is basically just a fancy word for grand larceny, how many years in prison is that guy who just got perma'd slated for? What's the fancy rear end-covering smugmath that proves he isn't on the hook for distributed and extremely blockchain-verifiable crimes?

Digging your new AV pic!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

cagliostr0 posted:

I've taught my pet fish to play fetch. There is also experimental data from monitoring brain activity during sleep that suggests fish dream. Also the Sydney aquarium has a successful program teaching learned behaviours to eagle rays. Fish are way more intelligent than people think.

You missed the joke friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VxdufqB9zg

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I wish him luck getting into a US prison whose doctor won't just laugh at him when he requests his pile of stimulants. Most likely they'll replace them with a SSRI since one of them is prescribed for "depression." Prison doctors don't prescribe a lot of abuse-able stuff, for some strange reason, nor do they have much in the prison pharmacy. I think at best they keep some IM benzos around for seizures and the best they commonly prescribe is Neurontin?

He's gonna go through hellacious WD's when his norepinephrine and dopamine drop like rocks. Prison is a great place to develop long lasting severe depression and fatigue etc.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

davecrazy posted:

The visably shaking was more withdrawal then nerves.

There's a video of an interview with him where he is so tweaked out that he is visibly strongly vibrating. There's no way he was sticking to the low "prescribed" doses he claims to be on. Even if they do give him his drugs in jail/prison the doses will be REALLY low compared to what he's most likely used to.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

how much does yarn cost

There are cheaper ways to make a noose, which is the only tool that can keep your brain from processing this poo poo.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

ellie the beep posted:

so at first i was annoyed at how much you post that, but then i was like, do they really? maybe it just feels that way because i dislike it, and so it stands out more to me

so i went looking backwards through your post history in this thread and because i dont understand how to make a computer do things for me i started counting on my fingers and in the past forty posts youve specifically mentioned that seraph bought that for you six times

so i went back a page and tallied again, skimming and counting and thought to myself thats odd, yet again there are six seraph bought this title for you mentions, what a coincidence !

so i went back forty posts yet further and would not you know it, seraph is credited for the purchase of your title six times exactly

so you can understand my surprise on discovering that not in the further two pages checked is a single mention!

so then i click previous page once more and finally i have dug far back enough to find the post where you remark on it having been initially purchased, and that made me even MORE curious, because that means the timeline went that seraph bought you the ad and you acknowledge it once, then an ENTIRE YEAR passes, and then fully fifteen percent of your post history is telling people that seraph bought you that av

so i have to ask: what the gently caress is your deal?

"tango alpha delta" is a Seraph alt. I thought we all knew that and were just playing along? Like one account he wasn't horribly annoying with? Guess not.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Every now and then this pops up in my head and gets stuck there. It's terrible lol help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjzTt1SHIU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hey guys! I just gave some random guy $50k, lit a couple of wildfires, and he emailed me a couple of urls. The URLs link to tiny bad pictures? I don't understand them it so it's got to be art. And I can click that link to see it whenever I want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Flowers for QAnon posted:

What’s the high margin product? Used poo poo? I doubt they are getting funcos, consoles, or games for rock bottom wholesale prices

They would buy used games for $0.25 and resell them for $25.