Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Medullah posted:

Late September/early October is the plan right now. Nothing concrete. The playstyle changes are hitting the PTS next week (no story).

Thanks for the info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Medullah posted:

The playstyle changes are hitting the PTS next week (no story).

Cmon baby Powertech buffs plspls

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Resting Lich Face posted:

Cmon baby Powertech buffs plspls

So far the Tactical items and the new ability seem pretty solid

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

I really hope they bring at least one operation and one flashpoint and not the bullshit with "we buff all other ops and fps so you can run all ops and fps"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's at least one Operation on Duxun and two flashpoints with the new expansion. Not sure when you played last, but they released Good
Gods From The Machine, a new Operation, over the last few years.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Medullah posted:

There's at least one Operation on Duxun and two flashpoints with the new expansion. Not sure when you played last, but they released Good
Gods From The Machine, a new Operation, over the last few years.

Yea I heard that they brought one new op but i was pretty pissed when they told everyone they will bring one boss every few months.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Medullah posted:

So far the Tactical items and the new ability seem pretty solid

Cool. Is there a place to find PTS info? The only thing on the official site seems to be from July.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cool. Is there a place to find PTS info? The only thing on the official site seems to be from July.

There will be a pretty big write up next week.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Not sure if I get the question right but if you start the swtor launcher you can select the ptr server via the options menu (launcher, not ingame)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

WELL
After that Mandalorian trailer there is gonna be a poo poo ton more bounty hunters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Official Expansion date is October 22nd.

Bummer that it's later than expected but they're playtesting on PTS for the first time ever, so that's good.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Siegkrow posted:

WELL
After that Mandalorian trailer there is gonna be a poo poo ton more bounty hunters.

Something has to counter the natural appeal of space magic + laser sword.

I mained bounty hunter anyway though. Still my favorite story.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Looks like Oct 22 I'll be picking up my space wizard for another go. Agent was my favorite story of the vanilla game though. I appreciated the look at what it takes to be an almost-normal person in a world of murderous space wizards.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Something has to counter the natural appeal of space magic + laser sword.

:hfive:

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

I would say imperial agent or sith inquisitor have the best stories :thinking:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bounty hunter story wasn’t great imo but BH on alderaan is probably as satisfying as anything in this game gets

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Bounty hunter story wasn’t great imo but BH on alderaan is probably as satisfying as anything in this game gets
Nothing tops being a smartarse at Darth Baras.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

It's been a while but Agent was the best story, especially if you went full Light Side. Smuggler was real good, Bounty Hunter and Trooper were fun.

There weren't any stories I DISLIKED, that's certain. Being a Light Side Sorc was pretty amusing. Reasonable Sith is very Reasonable.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I wouldn't say favorite, but I always thought Bounty Hunter stood out for being the best "neutral" story where you're really not invested in Empire vs. Republic at all, except to the extent that both sides are a pain in your rear end. Smuggler gets caught up in the cause early and often. Agent is always in the thick of it and can play both sides to some degree, but Bounty Hunter is consistently playing neither, with a big focus on staying independent. It ends up with a cool us-against-the-galaxy vibe that you don't get from the others. Reminded me of Firefly.

I miss this game sometimes. Might give it another try one day.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Official Expansion date is October 22nd.

Bummer that it's later than expected but they're playtesting on PTS for the first time ever, so that's good.

For the better let some of the Classic WoW buzz die down. Between that and the natural lull before and expansion probably gonna be pretty slow the next 6 weeks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

For the better let some of the Classic WoW buzz die down. Between that and the natural lull before and expansion probably gonna be pretty slow the next 6 weeks.

October's the next FFXIV patch, however.

There's really not a good time to release this!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

Nothing tops being a smartarse at Darth Baras.

Except maybe being a smartass to Darth Jadus and forcing him to back down as a dude with a knife and a fuckload of combat drugs.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Honestly nothing has beat being so patient and level headed that I drive jedi into fits of rage in the LS warrior story

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

FrostyPox posted:

It's been a while but Agent was the best story, especially if you went full Light Side. Smuggler was real good, Bounty Hunter and Trooper were fun.

There weren't any stories I DISLIKED, that's certain. Being a Light Side Sorc was pretty amusing. Reasonable Sith is very Reasonable.

At the most, some stories were just 'meh'. I wasn't too big on Consular or parts of Trooper.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

M_Sinistrari posted:

At the most, some stories were just 'meh'. I wasn't too big on Consular or parts of Trooper.

Consular was better than trooper. I’m in the minority that actually likes the Consular story.

I feel like the Smuggler story may be a tad overhyped.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

XBenedict posted:

Consular was better than trooper. I’m in the minority that actually likes the Consular story.

I feel like the Smuggler story may be a tad overhyped.

Consular story is one of my favorites in the game alongside the Agent and Warrior.

Smuggler story has a great intro that drops off a cliff when you leave Coruscant - probably not a coincidence that that's the point where the lead writer of the Smuggler story changed. And Corso is one of the three or four worst companions in the game, in my book.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i actually really enjoyed consular as a jedi story that's more than a rehash of every star wars story (jedi knight)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I dislike the starting agent companion.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It used to be worse before the companion changes, because as a tank, you actually had to use and gear her. And then you get to corellia...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I feel like I'm the only goon who didn't have serious beef with Kaliyo pre-KOTFE.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I liked Kaliyo. It was especially fun to ruffle her feathers as a goody-two-shoes boy scout. Admittedly I don't remember KOTFE's plot super-well. I'm going by most of the Agent stuff.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

People that played originally hated Kaliyo because she was the only companion you had for 30 hours. And like someone else mentioned, if you just said gently caress it and only used her, you were in for a rude awakening when you lost her on the final planet. I was one of those people, because as an Operative I needed a tank companion to keep enemies turned.

poo poo was difficult back then

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Medullah posted:

People that played originally hated Kaliyo because she was the only companion you had for 30 hours. And like someone else mentioned, if you just said gently caress it and only used her, you were in for a rude awakening when you lost her on the final planet. I was one of those people, because as an Operative I needed a tank companion to keep enemies turned.

Ah. I don't think I ever got Agent that far back in the day. Just level capped Bounty Hunter and then unsubbed. Yeah, that'd be a huge fuckin pain

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My big issue with Kaliyo when I first played is that I had to do her companion quests to get LEGACY completion. I could not refuse them. Even as she lied to me multiple times, manipulated information to twist me to her cause, and openly told me that she'll probably shoot me one day if I keep getting in her way.

You can threaten her 40 times with 'lie to me again, and I'll kill you' and you never get the chance, and it's annoying.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That and Kaliyo is [fairly literally] a bomb-throwing anarchist who repeatedly blackmails you and fucks poo poo up for you just because it amuses her, and the most you can do is wag your finger at her.

She's also just kind of a terrible person in general. Lokin or Scorpio would at least have a reason beyond "I thought it would be funny" for stabbing you in the back.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Warmachine posted:

I feel like I'm the only goon who didn't have serious beef with Kaliyo pre-KOTFE.

she's my agent's best friend

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My current agent gets along mostly well with her, because I'm playing my agent as a double agent from the beginning. I am choosing every choice based on 'what do I think is worse for the Empire'. Sparing all its enemies in light side choices, executing every sith I can with dark side ones, letting imperial civilians be bombed for the lulz.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

The one time I got annoyed with the companion system as it is was playing a Light-side BH. There's absolutely no way I would associate with Skadge. I'd sooner blow his head off than let him near my ship, but the game would basically only let me be like "You better behave, young man, or else!" so I can get peoples' dislike for Kaliyo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Paging Aleth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Medullah posted:

Losing Kaliyo on Corellia was bad but not as bad as Jedi Knights who stopped gearing T3 back at level 14 and then being locked in to using him for the final battle.