Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dick Trauma posted:

You created this new thread so you could post your Sexy Skadge. :colbert:

Seems like a perfectly valid reason to me.

REMINDER THAT WE HAVE A CONTEST RUNNING!

Aleth fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Yeah they put the EC and WC servers on the same server group. They said they tested it and there was no noticeable performance degradation, but people are losing their poo poo that their latency has skyrocketed and "YOU LIED TO US! YOU DECEIVED US! CANCEL MY SUB IMMEDIATELY!"

To be fair they do that when things like the several year old, previously-sub-only kotor swoop gets given out for free to everybody, too.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

:getin:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
For the new page: CONTEST DETAILS

GET TO IT!

Current entries:

Medullah doesn't get a prize

Turbl

Aleth fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 26, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Slander.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dick Trauma posted:

Thank you for posting those mount codes. These are the first really cool mounts I've had.

If you enter the contest you might get more fancy ones!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh yeah, that's it right there. :fap:

Just a reminder:

Medullah posted:

we'll have it end on 11/1 and prizes to be picked by 11/5 so it's done right before the merge

GET TO IT!

Current entries:

Turbl

RescueFreak

Ossipago

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

Oh yeah, that's it right there. :fap:

Just a reminder:

GET TO IT!

Current entries:

Turbl

RescueFreak

Ossipago

Turbl, RescueFreak & Ossipago: go check the guild vault and let us know what you want for a prize - first post, first served!

The rest of you are all terrible for missing out on this incredibly easy contest, or you're all great for recognising that there is no way in hell you could outdo sexy Skadge. :shrug:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ossipago posted:

Nathema Sithspawn, por favor. Toon is Meschia.

Sent!

prefect posted:

I feel out of SWTOR a while back, after feeing a bit overwhelmed by the "you're now the emperor and in charge of everything" rigmarole. Has it simplified at all since then?

Despite all that you're still expected to go and hit things in the face with your laserstick to fix them in the latest updates if that's what you mean.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Too many people got angry about there not being enough Vette and Kaliyo?

Also that because both can be killed off there's likely going to be limited stuff for them further on.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I had to reload my UI and recreate my custom chat tabs but now I'm dancing in Fleet with Sexy Skadge laughing at people bragging about which server has/had the best RP.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Philonius posted:

Do companions get any attention after the original class quests?

I've just started on the post 50 stuff after years of not playing, and my companions are just standing there mutely during conversations. In my class quests they always had poo poo to say about my choices.

They have a few comments on Makeb I think but that's it until KotXX stuff, which hasn't got every companion back in the story yet.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

This was a bug at launch of 4.0 and was the greatest bug of all time. Especially if you had decorated your stronghold with your companions, you zoned in and suddenly they were all pantsless. "Ummm guys, what's been going on while I was away?"

Couldn't you see other people's companions spawn in your stronghold as well or something? Sans pants, obviously.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Or just go read this: http://dulfy.net/2016/11/29/swtor-galactic-command-guide/

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Bilirubin posted:

At what point will Senya stop bitching about being sent to make me stuff?

Grumpy head that one

Given her family issues I think she's allowed to be a tad grumpy every now and then.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I still liked the person who was shocked that my male Sith gimpsuit was allowed in the game as dozens of bikini-clad Jaesas and Lanas were paraded around us.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some nice looking stuff in that lot again.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

I am happy knowing that my main is a day 1 head start character and one of the oldest characters in the game. :colbert:

I've actually seen a few other people walking around lately with their Founder title displayed.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Also,

Enjoy

Your host still doesn't show on SA unfortunately.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

:swoon:

I'm thinking Santa Skadge needs to make an appearance in any Christmas contest we do this year.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
What makes it long is the way most of the mobs and bosses have been padded out with stupid amounts of HP or abilities to delay their inevitable deaths. They're not hard, just take longer to kill than they need to which drags it out.

Also make sure you do the SOLO mode and not STORY if you are doing it for the, well, story. Only SOLO counts even though STORY gets you an astounding 124 more base cxp!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That 124 more base cxp was totally worth it, though.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Medullah - it is that Temple Guardian. Gets you 20 coins for it, too.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
This one? https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/ac-5-broadcast-infiltrator/

Looks pretty nifty.

Edit: going to idle at fleet spawn to drum up some more sales for you.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 4, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Get yourself an infiltrator.

I got pretty close to my concept sketch...

Also not only do you links not work still on SA they don't even show up anymore. You can only see that there's anything there by seeing the bbcode in a quote window.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I'm 0 for 5 on making these new augments with a crit. CONSPIRACY.

So that's what, 20m wasted?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Also worth pointing out the comp for the newest SOLO FP doesn't need gifting to rank up to be effective, works fine at rank 1.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It can never replace the Space Bar though.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Oof, forgot how awful the Hero Engine is. I have a stutter every couple of seconds, no fps drop, just a slight tick in animations and it's driving me crazy.

There are a few fixes out there for various stuttering issues that you can try, just need to look up which is the most likely one for your hardware and settings.

In other news I added a new decoration for the Space Bar, complete with sound effects:

Choo-choo motherfuckers.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Come on ride the train...

...and ride it

I bought two - one for my stronghold, one for the ship. I should probably get the train stronghold so I can have a toy train on a train.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

my wife is sitting beside me as I'm playing Inventory Management

"that train is getting very annoying"

It's almost like it was placed there on purpose to be as annoying as possible. :thunk:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Towards the end of the end of the Sith Warrior story you're someone's personal assassin. At the end of the inquisitor story you're on the dark council, have part of the imperial military reporting to you and own entire planets. While this isn't really followed up much on, cruelly consolidating your power is what the inquisitor story is all about. I mean, when it isn't about capturing ghosts.

'Someone's personal assassin' being the loving Emperor's Wrath who actually outranks the Dark Council as the Wrath only answers to the Emperor. You're basically Vader.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

The Wrath isn't under the Council's authority but can't command them either. The Emperor's special pals are outside the power structure.

He does essentially have the authority to execute them though if he considers them to be working against the will of the Emperor. But yeah, he can't start ordering them around day-to-day as that's not his job and there's always some other jerk that needs choking somewhere.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Nipponophile posted:

Hey guys, I know we don't do a lot of coordinated group stuff here, but I could really use some help with this quest. I've had it in my logs for I don't know how long, but I just can't manage to get it completed. Please help, I could really use the CXP.

Oh man, I remember that coming out and trying to get the armour set.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I thought the cxp boosts were the thing to liquidate?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I actually prefer a solid blade to the crackly one but I'm sure it'll sell well.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
But when have Rodians ever shot first? :colbert:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Archonex posted:

So what's this i've heard about the game going into maintenance mode or shutting down? Is there any validity to the rumors coming out of Bioware?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9526850#edit9526850

quote:

As Musco mentioned in the Live Stream yesterday, we’re busy working on an update to the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February. Keep in mind, we’ve just released Game Update 5.7, so expect the Roadmap to give you insight about the next 90 days or so.

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 . So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

:raise:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

...Arcann is being made a romance option? Really? Well, I guess Kylo Ren proves that whiny baby Darth Vader wannabes with daddy issues are in...

Still waiting for that Skadge romance, though. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

All these weapons are my gifts to you people.

Enjoy.

Is that claymore going to be a new unstable visual or one of the existing two?