Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ugh, I just spent a month's sub fee because I'm stupidly afraid of losing my silly gimmick names :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Can't wait for that skip-to-lvl-70-without-advancing-the-story token.

Some deets on that:

EricMusco posted:

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for a Legacy-wide item like the XP boost gear from the LvD event.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Why yes the TLJ red guards' weapons were pretty sweet

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's odd in that the site's homepage won't even load for me most of the time, but googling "[armor set] tor fashion" works just fine.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

SPOILER:MAAAAAALLLLGUUUUUUUSSS

bad spoiler etiquette

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

All they've said is sometime in December.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I was just checking my bank account and was surprised to see that my SWTOR subscription fee (for 3 months) had randomly been refunded on the 1st of this month. I didn't get an email about it or anything. Been meaning to cancel it one of these days since I don't play enough for it to matter much, but I don't feel like they would just refund a subscription I don't use out of the kindness of their hearts.

I was just talking to a friend about this and he joked "easier than telling you about the class action lawsuit," and now I'm wondering if there IS some kind of crazy story behind this... Anybody else get quietly handed their subscription money back? Is it just me?

I got this too, then a few days later received this email:

But my subscription's still active so :shrug:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Male Consular works well as Body Type 4 and nothing else

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Servers were up for a few minutes, but apparently, story and romance choices were just resetting to the default ones for folks. So, they took them down again.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Finished the Ossus story on the Republic side, and I actually liked it quite a bit more than any recent content. They did really well with the supporting characters this time out.

Tau is probably the first time the game's presented the archetypal "warrior" Jedi as anyone more than a corruptible jackass, and I enjoyed the ethical conflicts the writers saddled her with. The General character was also a fun addition.

(character reveal spoiler)Relegating nu-Malgus to a non-speaking appearance was a bit weird and lame, though.

Also, is Nantoon the first time SWTOR has referenced something exclusively from the new canon?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Y'all are endlessly re-litigating TLJ when there's CONTENT to be discussing

:haw:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Tuning? What kind? Is it FREE?

See for yourself.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lol if you're not the kind of person who mainly just plays SWTOR for the solo content like I do :v:

Related, I am so, so close to having completed class and faction story on every subclass in the game. Sixteen characters in total.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's over. It's done.

After 7 goddamn years, I can finally just sink into "log in, run dailies on main, log off" mode.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

But have you seen all romances? What about light side/dark side? You haven't won till you have 4 of each class. :)

I mean, I've got to save something for when they bring DvL back :unsmigghh:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

If there's anything I've learned through this hell, it's that Saboteur Gunslinger and Engineering Sniper (and to a lesser extent Gunnery Commando and Arsenal Merc) are the best leveling classes cause it's wide-field ranged AoEs on mobs till the cows come home

Also that Dark Female Consular is the secret best VO because you're basically Raven from Teen Titans

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 11, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Get those two to 100 dawg

fake edit: They should take the social restrictions off the planet-specific armor sets. Ain't nobody got time to grind Esslles/BT these days

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Quality story content (relatively-speaking):
- 1-50 class & faction quests
- Makeb
- Prelude to SoR
- The class-specific quest in SoR
- Ziost
- The KOTFE/ET companion quests/Alliance alerts
- Ossus

I'd also include Oricon if not for the fact that they locked its ending behind a loving raid

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 13, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

No, this was better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXblLIvrYGs&t=1255s

:unsmigghh:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 24, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I thought the actual rumor was that B&W were doing the Old Republic-era movies

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Looks like we're going back to Dantooine.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Oh hey, a new expansion:

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1117230330040258560

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1117233227750682624

More details at the link.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 14, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chomposaur posted:

Been dicking around in this and finally made it into a zone with people because of the Dantooine event. Holy gently caress, the people in this game are broken. Imagine caring so much about Star Wars as a grown-rear end adult that you're having literal nightmares about the SJW Kathleen Kennedy. While at the same time proclaiming that some garbage EU book is the best thing you've read in your life.

And that's why one of the first things I do on a new character is disable general chat

Also, speaking of the Dantooine event: Does anyone know that talk show quest goes if you defected to the other faction?

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 5, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

FINALLY TRACER MISSILE FOR MY SHADOW

i can finally fire a lightning turd out my rear end

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I haven't played this game in a long time, and I'm simultaneously glad to hear this and sad for all the people that went through that grind, only to have it totally wiped away. Like we all know MMO's are a pointless treadmill, but that's a harsh reminder. I bet there's going to be a lot of rage about that.

Let's see how their next weird meta-progression thing pans out. The grind is dead, long live the grind!

On the bright side, I'm gonna be marginally more special with my Tier IV flair :unsmith:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Though more-often-than-not, their KOTFE/ET outfits are better than what I'd dressed them in originally

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CWBBlWIurk

It's Scourge and Kira, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There's something really off-putting about this key art: