Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags

I am a congenital optimist.
forums of blue...? "

"Let me tell you, there isn't a more wonderful, laid back and well...just darn chill forum in the whole place! That's right, just a wholesome and laid back community, where not much happens, and change is really slow. Some folks haven't left this forum, well, their whole lives!"

"I hope you'll stick around with we humble folks, post some chill threads and, well, maybe make a few friends and grow with us. Me? I'll just sit here and rock in my chair, watching the goings on and being as chill as I can. You're free to visit any time!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew
This is a GOOD forum.

Courtesy of Manifisto

alnilam

it's like the scene in an adventure qhere after much hardship they come to a village or house in the middle of it all that is super safe and well fed and nice and the kind people there are like you can stay as long as you like and the adventurers are tempted but they need to finish their important business so they rest up a few days and get supplies and go on their way

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

“Oh howdy, welcome to our forum. Why don’t you chill for a while, post some jokes maybe build a thanksgiving diorama with us”

“But here’s a piece of friendly advice pardner, don’t open the door behind the Church, people round here are nice but they don’t take kindly to snoopin! You’ll know the one. It has FYAD painted on it.”

“Oh this sack? It’s nothing, nothing at all, don’t you worry your little head about what’s dripping from it. Anyway welcome, welcome. And... you will follow my advice won’t you?... if you know what’s good for you.”

mags

HotSoapyBeard posted:

“Oh howdy, welcome to our forum. Why don’t you chill for a while, post some jokes maybe build a thanksgiving diorama with us”

“But here’s a piece of friendly advice pardner, don’t open the door behind the Church, people round here are nice but they don’t take kindly to snoopin! You’ll know the one. It has FYAD painted on it.”

“Oh this sack? It’s nothing, nothing at all, don’t you worry your little head about what’s dripping from it. Anyway welcome, welcome. And... you will follow my advice won’t you?... if you know what’s good for you.”

"Ah! You're back! .....yes....oh, Farmer John? Well yes, he's a bit of an eccentric type, but nothing to worry about. ...did he now? ...he did? Well, I'm sorry if that sounds a bit scary and unchill. No place in town is off-limits...eh, well, except the door behind the Church. Don't open that one."

"But that's a silly warning, you don't want to be unchill, and get... well, get a label."

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Fredflonston

"Well I don't know where you're off to or where you're headed but let me tell ya - You don't want to go messing around in those other forums where they say all sorts of nasty things and tell you to leave on-account-of your posting. We don't take to shaming or saying hateful things around here it's just good old fashioned humor.

"Now listen it's completely up to you and your'n but if you need to wind down first before posting you can hit some weed or something it's all the same round these parts. It's all about chillin', friend."

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
"Sick burns? Not in these parts for nigh on a generation. All we got here nowadays are chill people and crisp, fresh posts. Not those frozen posts you lot get in the city. Real, honest posts."

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

alnilam posted:

it's like the scene in an adventure qhere after much hardship they come to a village or house in the middle of it all that is super safe and well fed and nice and the kind people there are like you can stay as long as you like and the adventurers are tempted but they need to finish their important business so they rest up a few days and get supplies and go on their way

BYOB: p.much tom bombadillo's house

Manifisto

Hugh Malone posted:

BYOB: p.much tom bombadillo's house

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
sitting quietly at the old fishing hole thinking about that church door

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

AverySpecialfriend posted:

sitting quietly at the old fishing hole thinking about that church door

no

Sing Along

by Athanatos
in my dreams the door shudders, rocking against its frame silently. no noise emanates. the whitewashed shingles, the perfect steeple, all serve to amplify that soundless door. no nails scratch against it, nor do elbows thump loudly upon its stout boards, but the wood warps and shivers all the same. something isn't quite knocking.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 26, 2017

----------------

Android Blues

a jug and harp band on a sunny porch, straw hats, sleeping golden retriever, slowly laying out a mellow reggae beat

mags

"I see you have some shitposts there... Haha, when I was a kid, there was magic all over those posts, lying in the fields. If you look hard enough, you can still find some."

paul_soccer12 posted:

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
And now with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark -- that place where Wednesday finally broke and rolled over into Thursday.

Manifisto

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

And now with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark -- that place where Wednesday finally broke and rolled over into Thursday the chat thread finally made it to 420 pages.

ty nesamdoom!

puking pentagrams

this is a cool forum my dudes, thanks for instilling some chill

mags

“Glad you like it here. It is very nice, as long as you post, chill, and do not open the door behind the Church.“

paul_soccer12 posted:

Macnult

“Deep, dark secret? Hah, you’re a funny one. The door behind the church, well, we just ask you don’t open it. Sometimes a door is better off being a wall, sealed off and heavily reinforced and whatnot. Oh, you thought I mean that door in particular? Well... maybe. Not that there’s any reason for us to do that, so long as you don’t open it.”

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

alnilam posted:

byob is more like innsmouth, and the reader is like robert olmstead plunging into a realm of madness and despair until ultimately discovering his own kinship to this nightmare world. the average byob session ends in suicide or mental institutions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
*forum user clawing her eyes out while alternating between manic laughter and sobbing*
"i thought this was supposed to be the CHILL forum!"

Nosfereefer

also there is an disturbing amount of racist subtext, even considering the times

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

byob is more like innsmouth, and the reader is like robert olmstead plunging into a realm of madness and despair until ultimately discovering his own kinship to this nightmare world. the average byob session ends in suicide or mental institutions

lol

at the center of the byob universe lies the sultan daemon azathoth, bubbling wordlessly as disembodied flutes pipe pleasant lullabies, holding a pretty flower and smiling

Nosfereefer

"byob used t'be a thriving place, back when t'old arnie refinery was still up-and-runnin'. used t'be a lot of people comin' an' goin' from the outside. well, i'll tell ya this lad; outsiders ain't welcome in byob no more, an' we don't take kindly to no pryin'"

Manifisto

*demonic voice* to free me and usher in the new age of darkness . . . you must get this thread to 420 pages

Nosfereefer

it is said that in byob, which lies beyond gibbis, no user may insult a cat; and this i can verily believe as i gaze upon him who sitteth upon the screen. for the cat is chill, and close to chill things which users appreciate

Manifisto

I had often wondered how pickman was able to create such realistic images of coupons, and of deals

Android Blues

Manifisto posted:

I had often wondered how pickman was able to create such realistic images of coupons, and of deals

mags

Manifisto posted:

paul_soccer12 posted:

Nosfereefer

*me, nodding off on cheap laudanum in some dark backwater new england hamlet*
"lol, look at that cat. cute lil feller lmbo"

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
OP, what's your fax number? I got a new cartridge in the Sanyo FXM-363C I recently picked up, and I am itching to fire it up and forge a new link in my faxing chain.

waiting to fax out to you and yours in the spirit of Christ,

"Faxman5000"
Wilt J McDonough (yes, literally "J")
Rte. 9 Fax Servicing, Feed, And Leather Goods, Dilliam IA
2 lines open 24/7, +1-3000-754-98741, if no response after two rings then dial +1-3002-561-30371 and vice versa
RAISE A TROOPS SPIRIT! SEND THEM A FAX: (***number pending update***)

----------------

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
code:
went to the grey forums
 and now my posting has serifs 
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU