Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

slowly fading away Vince roams the halls backstage yelling for "that drat austin" in a angry voiced tinged with sadness too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Subscribing to WON is a spoiler for a life: you will die alone

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MotU posted:

it’s annoying but think of the possibilities after AEW beats the living poo poo out of NXT for months straight

i don’t see either show hitting a million viewers at any point in their broadcast history

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW will probably do a million at least in curiosity alone i guess, i’m deeply biased against NXT so i’ll probably be wrong but i can’t fathom there are even a million people alive today who could enjoy NXT’s main event scene, they need to step away from the scrawny, short dudes and put actual attractions like Keith Lee, Dream, and Riddle in those spots. The only thing NXT does better than AEW right now is diversity, the whiteness of AEW’s men’s division is at an unacceptable level.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I think it'd be cool if a match got near the time limit and the guys just started throwing hands to KO each other, kinda like some MMA fights go when the 10 second clapper hits

this would pop a crowd into the stratosphere

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

mkay0 posted:

Those range from dumb to offensive to actually better than what they used. Seems like pretty normal creative workshopping to me.

There’s no ‘Fang McFrost’ in there, I’d that’s the type of story they were trying to tell

There's a dimension where Steve Austin was known as Chilly McFreeze and it's probably better than the shithole universe we live in.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Concussed Kairi Sane on purpose then slapped her in the head then powerbombed her as she tried desperately to get away. Really.

This is not what the gently caress happened. The hate Charlotte gets on this board is ridiculous, she's ya'lls Hillary Clinton. Also pretty infantilizing to think that Kairi is some kind of helpless baby who is the victim of the big bad Charlotte Flair, maybe she wanted to push through and do the spots irregardless of her health, you know just like every other wrestler. They are hard headed and want to finish the show. When Danielson fights through a concussion (which I don't agree with, I want these folks to live long and be healthy but this is what they do) he's seen as tough. When Kairi fights through she's somehow a victim of whoever is the pariah of the month.

Kairi isn't a weakling, in fact she's a bad rear end for making it through this match. This is the fault of WWE referees, this is the fault of whoever agented the match not getting on the headset and saying get Kairi out of there. None of the wrestlers are at fault here, and frankly its gross that some people here want it to be the fault of a wrestler, going as far as to make sexist comments about Charlotte's body because she happened to be in a match that someone got hurt in.

Charlotte took a horrendous bump and landed directly on her head in the match, yet there's no concern for her at all.

I hope the warriors come out tonight and are able to perform because they just beat the top two women in the company and that's what history will remember, just like Lesnar ending Taker's streak in a horrible match, at the end of the day only the results matter.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

Hey this loving sucks. When a wrestler gets a loving concussion it should be match over or the wrestler is out of the action in a tag or multiman. Nobody in 2019 thinks fighting through a concussion is tough, it's loving stupid.

Charlotte is sloppy, there's a way to do that spot that doesn't involve Kairi landing head first on the cement. She shouldn't be stiffing her opponents because they don't sell right.

I agree. It's the refs job to know better than the wrestlers. Just like HHH had to call an audible and possibly save Bryan's career. This didn't happen here and that's where the blame lies.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Look do any of you know Japanese? Serious question because Kairi is very audible when Asuka checks on her post table powerbomb and speaks quite a bit. I’m sure there is a clue to what happened in what she said.

We should get a translation. I will pay for one if necessary. Does anyone know anyone who would translate the dialogue?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

so glad disingenuous shitheads like Eat My Fuc get endless opportunity to post her on this board, where we've never had this kind of problem before

I am not disingenuous because i disagree with the pile on. step out of your echo chamber for 5 minutes.

Like I said translate what Kairi says to Asuka post powerbomb. If she was being assaulted, if Charlotte Flair was committing a felony in front of thousands of witnesses surely she’ll shine some light on it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why does Dave look like he bladed every night for the last 20 years

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

There's a part that was left off at the end of Dave's bit where he compares Punk's comments being homophobic to Cornette's racism, I guess he's saying that because Cornette has more enemies he got cancelled whereas Punk probably won't, but Punk has a history of saying poo poo that is offensive in ways he's probably too dumb to understand.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Any thoughts on Darby Allin’s claims of abusing drug addicts for laughs on Jerichos podcast. He said he payed a broke drug addict to stick his head in a poo poo filled toilet and was laughing about it, also apparently he land lords a trailer park? the whole interview really turned me off on him as a human being.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

Eat My Fuc

This is never funny and always a way to avoid any actual conversation.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TTBF posted:

That dude wasn't a drug addict. He was in charge of a trailer park where meth is an issue, but he was stated to not do it. That dude's ex is the drug addict. The dude is trying to get custody from the ex because of the drug addiction and moved into Darby's place so that his ex can't use the trailer park's meth issues against him. Darby then began paying him to do a bunch of dangerous and super poo poo so that the dude can afford to pay a lawyer for the custody battle. Which is a different type of lovely than abusing a broke drug addict.

It’s still abusive and manipulating addicts and people who are vulnerable for a laugh. Why is it suddenly bad faith when it’s AEW involved. I’m not going to stop watching and I am not trying to convince anyone It’s just weird it wasn’t even brought up here

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

What do you mean "when it's AEW involved"

They're saying everyone knows you are a bad faith poster

I am not. What I say here I mean, you can't just call people you disagree with bad faith.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

Darby feels like a synthesis of the hot couch guy and the kind of movie buff who brags about watching real hosed up movies, like I'm like 50% sure he brought up Trash Humpers in the Jericho interview, and I don't know how much of his stories are him embellishing actual hosed up things he saw people doing in the rough situations he's lived in and how much are pure working the gimmick, but it's definitely a mix of the two.

Darby should come out to "three little devils"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The forum just has biases and I've accepted it. Asuka wearing nazi gear is ok, Darby exploiting addicts for entertainment is fine. I don't have many wrestlers i'd follow through anything like that but I can't honestly claim i'd ever abandon Daniel Bryan no matter what he did or said, I admit i've attached my personality to being a Daniel Bryan fan and i'm just lucky he's never done anything all that bad.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I had to look up who Brent Kremen was but his name puts to mind Kermit Semen

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is a top 5 women's wrestler in the world Dave is being fair. Just because there is outrageously trumped up hate for her here doesn't make all of you right.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

Even if you believe Charlotte is the single most talented wrestler to ever exist, the point is that she's overpushed and people are tired of it. The same poo poo happens in every single sport where someone is extremely good for a long time - it was cool when Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl after being a sixth round draft pick, less cool when he did it 17 more times. WWE has the luxury of being scripted and thus they can avoid it, but instead they go out of their way to make their viewers bored of their biggest stars.

How is she overpushed, she has no titles and her w/l record is about 50/50

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

How long have you been watching WWE? The last time she was champion was in October and she's held a title ten times since coming to the main roster 2015, literally the most title reigns any woman in WWE has ever had. She is constantly featured as the biggest star on the women's roster, often to the detriment of others - remember, when Becky caught fire in 2018 it was Charlotte who was planned to be the mega face instead of Becky and WWE desperately tried to flip it back how they wanted it to go for a while.

Charlotte is the definition of overpushed. I don't think she's as bad in the ring as people like to say (then again, I haven't seen any of her matches since WM34 apart from a pretty fun house show one in Finland) but overpushed is exactly what she is.

The Becky heel turn lasted literally one week. I've been watching WWE since 1994, don't try to play gatekeeper here. Charlotte deserves more spotlight than she has, she should be the top heel in the company but she's stuck in the midcard most of the time. She's even going to have to contend for a developmental belt at Wrestlemania while Becky is dealing with Shayna, when it should be top babyface vs top heel. She's hated here because ya'll have made her out to be a Trump supporter in your minds without any evidence other than how she looks.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Why do you think that's the case? Her matches are okay but her promos, arguably more important than the in-ring in WWE, are not a standout in any measure.

She isn't given enough opportunity to do promos. Her post rumble win one was awesome, but most of the time she's not getting much screen time at all. Before the feud with the Kabuki warriors (in which she once again played second fiddle to Becky) her last memorable feud was against Trish, which got almost no promo time from either one of them, and Charlotte carried Trish to a great match.

The main event of mania should be Becky Vs. Charlotte, but Becky will have a higher profile feud and Charlotte will be fighting over an NXT title which I hope she will lose because it makes no sense to have Charlotte on a show with sub 1 million viewers that will likely be cancelled back to the network before the years over.

I don't think Charlotte should ever not be a heel, her dad was never a good babyface either, but she's being wasted by WWE right now. I wish she would end up in AEW because Cody would know how to book her, and their women's division is a mess. They also are sitting on women who should be top of the division like big swole or shida, so they could potentially waste a talent like Charlotte too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

nevermind

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 5, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They did the right thing because even if AEW were to fail, and it may someday, but I doubt any time soon, they’ll be able to walk right into WWE as top stars no matter what.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71WZb9VTwnY

I'm dying at Bischoff salivating over Linda McMahon this dude is horny af

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought the main event was great, and i'm not a fan of either Ciampa or Cole at all. My only disappointment was how weak the belt shot that ended the match was, it barely touched him and made it look silly after everyone had been kicking out of moves that would have put the Fiend away.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't really care about social media and believe it should honestly be shut down by any sane government for the benefit of public health, so Corbin doesn't bother me at all except he hasn't been in a feud that went for the right amount of time ever. If the Honly Tonk Man's, or Rick Rude, or Razor Ramon or some other midcard heel's feuds had all lasted several months each I can't imagine anyone would remember any of them fondly. Baron Vs. Kallisto is the only feud I can think of him having that was enjoyable on any level and it was pretty brief.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

This is a weird take because everybody in the pre-Monday Night Wars period, when there were just 4 PPVs a year, had several months long feuds

I wouldn't know I started watching wrestling in 94 or 95

And I just believe humanity will never be able to grow well in a world with social media. There has to be a method of silencing voices that are always harmful (conservatism etc) a quality life for all isn't possible if they are allowed to speak. I think what Baron does on social media is just stupid and bait just trolling, things like that also could very well be silenced.

I guess without social media AEW wouldn't be able to exist so I don't know. I'm not an intelligent person on any level which is obvious to everyone here anyway.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 20, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah who is the person who interviewed them?

Jericho, I think?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

the only thing the F4W board is worth a poo poo for is Dave's posts there, and he had an all timer today re: WWE talking to ESPN+ concerning PPVs:

Kind of comes off as insanely narcissistic to me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

he's correct though

The Stock moves up and down a few dollars all the time, and it's a pretty volatile stock anyway, it's had several major shifts up and down over the last 5 years a dollar or two isn't moving the needle, Dave's not effecting the stock price he's a niche newsletter writer no one investing in WWE is reading the observer.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol if you don’t think rumors of a big PPV deal would move stock prices.

Ok? The price moved two dollars. It moves that much daily irregardless of the news.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I watched Thunder every week until WCW folded, not sure if I recall any angles though.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

and notably, they manage to do those things with wrestling matches

So has Cena and Bray, in this case they didn't have that option but managed to tell the story in a compelling way.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

I'm sure as poo poo not going to argue if you thought the match was bad for a great many other reasons, that's totally fair, but the suggestion that John Cena should've won is downright insanity and directly conflicts with what virtually everyone in this forum thinks 99% of the time. No one thinks JOHN CENA should win more matches, no one thinks the criticism Wyatt is aiming at him is in any way wide of the mark.

I agree that there's no way John Cena should win this match, losing adds to his character and winning would invalidate, but I think comparing having a differing opinion than 99% of people here is "Insanity" is a harsh view that suggests a hive mind that I used to feel existed here but no longer think that thinking that is a helpful or necessarily true perception.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Apparently Alvarez criticized the commentary on the Gargano/Ciampa empty arena match when it didn’t have any? “it’s hard to listen to Mauro at 100 for 55 minutes.”. What’s with that.

I’ve felt like Bryan is a grifter for a while, and only shits on WWE for youtube clicks or whatever, which is fine but people also take him seriously as a news source, not that they should but they do. The co host did correct him (not Dave, some other guy) but I just thought it was a super weird moment to criticize something that didn’t happen.

That empty arena match sucked also, I mean they all kind of do in my opinion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Link? Which show was it on?

Wrestling Observer Live I think, I only saw the clip not the whole show. But whichever one they do video of. Also the co host called him on it but it was super weird to me because for all his kind of worky getting riled up he usually doesn't just say things that aren't true.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 20, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thank you I was trying to find it and getting frustrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Were there really seven commercials breaks in a single match?

It was less than that, but that part I felt he was just being hyperbolic for effect which isn't weird to me.

Maybe Alvarez is losing his mind in quarantine and starting to hear Mauro in his head.