Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rip in peace, Pisscast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hmm. IMO the only thing to do is immediately eject Sting from the HOF.

I think you meant to call him Stink

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DrVenkman posted:

I thought the only reason it really endured is because The Rock and Mankind are so good at what they do. You could give that same segment to two others and it wouldn't work anywhere near as well.

Case in point, when they gave that same segment to two others

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lid posted:

It's by this standard why i'm more forgiving of Sting too because Sting is, ironically, the icon.

Brandon Lee was the icon. Sting was just a dude who dressed up like him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

Also enjoyed Dave trying to figure out a justification for Triple H beating Jinder and then just giving up.

He couldn't think of saying "Jinder loving sucks"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sanguinia posted:

I was actually really looking forward to those TNA reviews because I wanted that old OSW insight into what was going on in that brand, but it felt like I was watching Episode 4 of a review series rather than Episode 1. They made no concessions for the uninitiated, barely recapped storylines or characters, and basically spent the whole time chatting with each other in a nostalgia haze rather than informing their audience. Which makes sense given that they are long-time TNA fans and this was the period they all watched as young students. But being in that comfort zone rather than addressing something they had to put some effort into clearly hurt their work.

Also the off-color jokes have increased over the years to the point of getting kind of eye-rolling and making it harder for me to enjoy them, but that's a personal taste thing. Like, it's nice that they recognize the offensiveness of Billy Gunn's misogynistic character in TNA and are mildly disgusted with the crowd for popping for his misogyny like he was a face, but then they spend like 10 minutes turning the Gail Kim match into a protracted "camel toe," gag. I don't necessarily blame them, but its too much for me.

TBH they sometimes act like whatever generic TNA "top guy" they're talking about doesn't need introduction like they're Hulk Hogan and it's really dumb.

Dudes, nobody remembers anything about TNA except you.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

Who is saying that?

Chris Jericho on his show.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Super No Vacancy posted:

there is no third one but the fourth ones counts as double-canon

The one where the big reveal is that the plot of a game that came out five years prior happened?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

oatgan posted:

dramatic irony is for the characters not the audience

The information has no impact on the characters or story, and you can skip it entirely with no repercussions, so that seems unlikely.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

At least it's not more TNA episodes

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A real journalist would have checked his sources on that

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

sleepwalkers posted:

I tried listening to MaxFun's and didn't manage to get through an episode... Should I go back and give it another shot?

I also dropped it after a couple eps when I realized it was just another recap of weekly shows. Maybe they've changed it up since then, though.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What kind of weird stupid body deformation did they add this time to increase the hilarity?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

algebra testes posted:

Also RAW gets genuinely non ironically great in 2000, maybe a bit before and puts all this poo poo to shame.

I know it's cool to bag on early 00s HHH, but having a top heel who could fight dudes in regular matches was the last piece to the puzzle.

Yeah, they had that earlier, but then the Rock turned face before their roster got... REALLY REALLY good

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PaybackJack posted:

If they knew the contracts weren't worth buying out because they were costing the company a ton of money, and the IP wasn't worth anything either, what was that money going towards?

The TV deal.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

OTOH the current political climate might mean there's an audience for this sort of stuff, far right wing nuts never get tired of having their feelings validated

The REAL discrimination is when you tell people that they can't treat others as lesser beings.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

coconono posted:

Roman should beat up midcard geeks, just like Missile Assault Ant, got it.

Roman will blow up a busload of kids in Zimbabwe and Cole will tell us how those kids got what they deserved for crossing THE BIG DOG

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Okada lives and breathes his character, that's the special sauce Roman "I get to work for a couple nights a week and go home" Reigns doesn't have.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

exploded mummy posted:

AJ Styles has held a world title in WWE for almost 300 more days than Reigns has over the past 2 years.

How many major shows has he main evented?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

oatgan posted:

summerslam and wrestlemania are the only two major shows

Money in the Bank and Royal Rumble, dawg

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Here is why a strike could never succeed.

If Roman doesn't go on strike, WWE can put on a show and Vince wins.

If Roman does go on strike, fans will side with WWE and Vince wins.

Vince can also replace Roman with anyone else in the same position and it won't make a lick of difference.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Varys can't gently caress, he doesn't have junk.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bud, I have some bad news...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Roman/Brock, because even Lashley/Zayn didn't bury the entire company for years in the process

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

coconono posted:

in his day, dudes would suck each other’s dicks as a gag. Wrestling sure was professional.

Just playing a little Gay Chicken?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Big Dave would win because he is smart enough to bring a sword. The one from those Hogan promos.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rhinox was cool, he had a machine gun and did science

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He turned evil one episode, though, and then there was nobody to do science for the Autobots so they were hosed.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Captain Magic posted:

Really Roman Reigns’s problem is that he isn’t as Optimus Prime as John Cena

Optimus Prime and John Cena are both 100% in on their character. It's a dumb character but the actors don't care, they're gonna chew scenery like bad.

Roman Reigns doesn't really even have a character to commit to. I don't even know if he loves America

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Not to be all "Who the gently caress is Florida Georgia Line" like people in that one Raw thread but although I know who Drake is and that he's a huge star I will forever be puzzled as to why he's been at the top of the charts for like years now

Getting old sucks

Not knowing who Florida Georgia Line are is awesome, though, because it means you don't live in one of America's shame places.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Smoking Crow posted:

Every part of the US is shameful

You might be ashamed of having Kevin Nash-esque chicken legs if you were otherwise ripped, but not if you also had a giant gut that kept you from seeing your penis at all

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It probably should have sunk them, but Goldberg gave them a get out of jail free card

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

VJeff posted:

How exactly did they wind up loving this up again?

Roman Reigns went back to being Roman Reigns

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't get it

Where's the joke

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Angry Grimace posted:

Why would the same standard apply to a company that has people get crushed by garbage compactors and attacked by undead wizards? His indignation makes it seem as though Roman's dying and/or has no agency whatsoever. It's not a big deal - Roman isn't coming back to announce he's dying, and it's none of our business what his specific diagnosis and treatment is.

They weren't putting out press releases about how Mark Calloway aka The Undertaker had been buried alive. Putting him on TV not as his character, but as himself, saying they'll give an update on his health after Kane aka Glenn Jacobs poured dirt on him would be more comparable.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, I would buy that if Roman were dying or had died, but there's no way he's coming back to deliver bad or worked bad news.

It doesn't really matter, using someone's actual health from a thing that can and does kill people is tacky as gently caress regardless of whether it's good news or not. It's like if Empire was advertising the next episode with "Tune in for an update on the Smolett trial!"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NienNunb posted:

I need you all to know that I’m not joking, I’m not trying to get a rise out of anyone when I say that Everybody Loves Raymond is a much better show than Seinfeld.

Is this because you are mad at Michael Richards?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IASIP is just the seinfeld concept but with "what if they were actual criminals rather just scofflaws?"

Dennis isn't a criminal, that was just a smear movie that Mac, Charlie and Frank made to imply he murdered his ex-wife

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

It could be that it will be dependent on the day & Kurt's nerves, feelings, performance anxiety about wrestling in a singles match at Wrestlemania in his retirement match.

He was a wreck in every way at Wrestlemania XIX - watch the Mania of Wrestlemania documentary if you have it or can find it. And that was 2003!

If you're trying to say that this match will end with John Cena and Kurt Angle kissing on the mouth, I'm into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

the escape goat posted:

At this point, the only podcasts I enjoy are Wrestlesplania and the one my friends make, MarkSetGo (and that's mostly so I can argue with them after the fact)

Oh drat, you know those guys too? I go to most of their Tanker parties.