Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God Dave's initial frustration turning to fascination about the potential for dog fans at wrestling shows :vince:

I literally came to post this exact thing , the only time I’ve ever been in this thread. Between that and Dave flexing about his wife, it’s maybe the funniest episode I’ve ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Can you really trust a guy who lies about his marriage when he talks about WWE ratings being bad?

Can you trust a man who can’t or won’t even sit on his chair

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

do you know where you were a year ago?

Oh my god

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Dave: This Kaido, they've been building him up as the big monster heel for awhile but they still don't quite think the audience is gonna buy it so they bought in Big Mom to make sure they're covered if things don't work out. Luffy got his new Finisher over though so the mentality is, you know, they beat Kaido and then he can, he can finally get that win over Big Mom at the Elbaf show they've been promoting forever now....
Bryan: Mmmhm. So anyway the question was do you think Edge and Christian will form a tag team again.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There is no loving way AEW has any significant amount of casual viewers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

duckdealer posted:

What makes you say that? I guess it depends on how causal is defined but from what I've seen they probably have a lot more casual viewers than any other US promotion.

I can’t imagine anyone casually watching wrestling in 2021 and not being a big fan already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The idea of just casually flicking on 3 hours of Raw fills me with existential dread.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

the only way the WWE could be closer to to Claremont X-Men is if they introduced a bird themed space empress who wanted to bone Vince

do NOT let Vince see this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

know your hole and shut your mouth

Lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He spits water and dresses like Conan while driving a terminator bike and is still somehow lame

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Brazilian Steakhouse lore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Royal Updog posted:

I hoped you would say that so that I might make a snappy comeback. I don't have one, tho.

One of the funniest lines I’ve ever heard tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alvin Byrfez to WWE???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mox on WOR was pretty good. He's so chill.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

E: see above

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hey Tony

where's Jamie Hayter :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Royal Updog posted:

Best Biceps

Only because Dave isn’t allowed on the ballot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Do you believe all that stuff in the bible?!"

"... This is not the show, Dave."

mega lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty wild that billionaire Tony can’t afford a decent microphone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave's right

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess I just don't go on Twitter enough (or at all) to see just how many people

you are right not to do this because the stupidity of people on there would blow your mind

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Just look at how relatively lovely Dean Ambrose was perceived when he was there and the moment he got out he won practically every Observer award.

This is it really. There's endless potential in WWE but it'll never get to work

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“Maybe there’s two Randy Ortons so he can carry multiple people to 3 star matches”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

So, how's the value of a WON/F4W subscription?

I would say as far as podcast subscriptions go, you get a lot for your money. You get a load of podcasts for what worked out at about €8 a month.
I listen to them nearly every day at the moment. I used to just listen to WOR because I like Dave the most but not the other dudes but I've been checking out their stuff lately as well, it's not bad.
I don't read the newsletter or use the boards or anything, just use the podcasts. The first year I was subbed I only listened to WOR and even then I still got my money's worth, there's usually 3 or 4 eps of WOR a week so like between 16-20 podcasts of WOR alone a month. That for me is well worth it but you could always do a 1 month sub and see what you think.

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you’re not a podcast person though don’t bother.

For sure

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i was dying laughing at him puking red in the gym parking lot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

still genuinely not sure if Granny on the B&V show is a worked granny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave ramblings are amazing, it's like listening to a brain try to catch up to a mouth in real-time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

daveflex.jpg

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

Vinny thinking that it's going to be Hulk Hogan lmfao

lol no way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I didn't realise any of the Unrestricted eps were keyfaybed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Retweets being on by default on Twitter blows my mind.

Also I like in podcasts were wrestlers put over their rivals in upcoming matches. Jon Moxely is unreal at it. Any time he has a show coming up he’ll do a proper interview but then talk about his opponent in kayfabe. I can deal with that fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I emailed him results from a show in Dublin a few years ago and he definitely rewrote them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

legendary seating stance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

he always talks about matches like they're real, even when being interviewed by dave meltzer

Tony thinks it’s still real, he’s the ultimate mark

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's such a pain you can't get it as an email PDF or something instead of having to scroll through a big loving webpage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hahaha brian throwing the dude off who talked about "Rivers" Cuomo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave sounded very hungover

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

Who said that people bought it on the strength of the card so i know who was wrong.

Bryan doesn't think people should be annoyed the ring didn't explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

It just kept going and going to the point where I wasn't even an sure what they were arguing.

I’m glad someone posted about it because I skipped like seven minutes and it was still going