Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

The Elimination Chamber B&V show is fantastic. They broke Bryan.

Worse than HIAC '19?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I wouldn't say worse, but it's up there with that show.

Nice. If it's anything as good as "so it's OK if you hit someone with a mallet, but if you have a BIGGER mallet......(collapses on the floor giggling)" I can't wait

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I can't stand listening to Dave anymore. As I've gotten older I seem to have gotten much less patient. His rambling just irritates me so so much. And his stupid arguments that go nowhere.

well, you know, I mean whatever, you know, it was a mayyyyytch, they had a mayyyyytch, it was an OK mayyyyyyytch

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I loved the clip when Seth was making an rear end of himself on Twitter during the title reign and Dave finally got the chance for revenge on the "minus six stars" thing. OK, Bryan, so, well, you know, if you had a wrestling promotion, and, well, I was one of the wrestlers, one of the top guys, but not really the top guy? It's like, whatever, I guess he'll have to be the top guy, but then another promotion has this other top guy who they're really, you know, counting on, and you're the guy who's just been made the guy, whatever, people don't want that, but you're the guy, and and Bryan mercifully cut it at 10 minutes before Dave got to say Rollins sucked. Terrific radio.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Dave being a swing count truther is my new favourite thing

You know (swallows cud) it's like, whatever, they have a number of swings they, the people in the back, they think he should be doing, so that's the number, that's the number they've given me, of swings, so whatever, those are the swings he has in the mayyyytch, so

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is Semp needs to cut down on his clauses in every sentence considering the fact that concerning the reality of listeners having to follow along to any point he's trying to make.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

He had one about tilling the land to explain why WWE programming sucks and AEW programming largely doesn't that went on for about 20 minutes, but I guess that's just how podcasts gotta be. "Vince is bad" would've sufficed

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

The second most noted thing is somehow the best WM match according to him was Roman/Bryan/Edge.

Dave gave the Brock/Roman Mania 34 match 3 stars despite everyone crapping all over it. Dave likes himself some beefy Big Dog matches.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IMO Britt/Rosa wasn't that good; a lot of dead spots in the match when they're just strolling around. In the growing genre of matches that Britt Baker gets hosed all the way up in, I liked Britt/Shida around when the pandemic was starting better.

Dead on about Dave valuing technical precision. Remember, he docked the first Taker/HBK Mania match because of the blown dive-onto-the-cameraman spot.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I think that was Bryan, he was there live and thought the Undertaker died. Dave didn't seem to think it was a big deal. The big deal was it wasn't just an all timer match.

ah, you're right!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

El Generico posted:

dave is sometimes good, but also, sometimes bad

that's my hot take

Dave, well, what I'm hearing, you know, what some of the people are saying, it's like, well, whatever, sometimes he's good, like, he's OK, it's like he's good, the same way a good MAYYYYTCH is good, but also it's like, well, sometimes he's not good, back when Bret Hart, it was like, no, well whatever, it's like, because Roman Reigns and that's just the way they want to do it, it's like, whatever, sometimes he's bad (swallows so loud it breaks the mic)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wish Bryan would stop pretending like he doesn't know the difference between "I want Chris Jericho to dive onto concrete and die" and "ha, that spot looked a little goofy"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dave talking about Baszler wanting to make it in wrestling as contrast to whatever it is she's doing now was the most clear-headed, well-spoken he's sounded in years. That Lily segment was that bad

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alvarez: This listener here says WWE is booking Roman like a heel version of Hulk Hogan in 1987, and AEW is booking Omega like Ric Flair in 1986.

Sempervive: Well the reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is quite frankly we'll have to see how it plays out but concerning the matter of the fact that the situation may change but we'll just have to see what happens and some people might think otherwise but the reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is quite frankly we'll have to see how it plays out but concerning the matter of the fact that the situation may change but we'll just have to see what happens and some people might think otherwise but the reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is quite frankly we'll have to see how it plays out but concerning the matter of the fact that the situation may change but we'll just have to see what happens and some people might think otherwise but the reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is quite frankly we'll have to see how it plays out but concerning the matter of the fact that the situation may change but we'll just have to see what happens and some people might think otherwise but the reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is quite frankly we'll have to see how it plays out but concerning the matter of the fact that the situation may change but we'll just have to see what happens and some people might think otherwise but the reality of the situation of the fact of the matter is quite frankly we'll have to see how it plays out but concerning the matter of the fact that the situation may change but we'll just have to see what happens and some people might think otherwise you look at the two companies and they're doing it different.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Semp alleging they screwed up Alexa Bliss when they called her up from NXT. What? She had the SD women's title within months, then went to Raw and held that one for most of a year!

e:

Dango Bango posted:

I'm afraid I've got some bad news. They said they're skipping the 9/11 episode.

They should've at least done the Stephanie segment.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 9, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

My favorite part of retro Raw is reliving just how absolutely dire the WWF midcard was even when the company was turning it around. Vinny's vendetta against the Headbangers sucking is always funny.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Need to frame a giant office poster in Titan Towers that says "Stop focusing entirely on looks, and also if you must do that, stop being utterly wrong about looks"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Semp gets 3 minutes of talk time to make a point he could easily make in 8 seconds. It's funny that in a product that actively, rightfully hates WWE's "let's see where it goes" schtick, half of Semp's lines are some version of "we'll just have to wait and see."

RealFoxy posted:

Sempervivie has always turned every thought into a fillerbuster. He's a different kind of scatter-brain than Dave is. Semp tends to just make his point the first time and spend the next couple minutes revising the first sentences like he's rewriting a paper for length.

Unlike big Dave, Semp knows where he's going with a point, it's just that he has a quota of "the fact of the matter is" and "reality of the situation is" he's gotta get in

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 4, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

in anticipation of next B&V&C, I just rewatched Kronik/Brothers of Destruction '01. The first half of it....isn't even that bad? It's a time-filling, plodding, RAW-worthy match, but not the disaster I was expecting.

But then all of a sudden, Crush acts like he has no idea where he is and stops selling, and it gets worse, and worse, and worse, and exponentially worse, and they're going between "missing moves by 6 inches" and "legit shooting on each other" and back again. If you were to tell me Crush legit had a stroke midmatch, I'd believe you. Or if they were dead set on it being a 5-minute squash and then the ref told them they had to go 10 once they got to the end of their ideas. So yeah. Turned from being just as meh as current RAW to an all-time trainwreck on a dime. A fascinating watch.

e: apparently Taker and the brass came down harder on Bryan Clark? Huh. Crush looked way worse.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

yea ok posted:

is taht the one where taker just yells gently caress

Didn't notice it. Taker looked more disappointed than angry (much like the Goldberg disaster)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

ha, there it is. I even remember that, but I was so focused on what in the world Crush was trying to accomplish

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

haven't listened to WOR yet but I hope Bryan lets himself be unequivocally enthused about the show rather than doing the "I loved it....you might not have, and that's YOUR OPINION, and we all have OPINIONS, and you may think that, and that's OK, and we'll just have to wait and see, and" thing like he's somehow letting Vincel YT commenters get to him

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

He didn't used to but IMO he gets weirdly defensive these days when he loves something in AEW. Just say you love it! It's OK, it rules!

Or maybe Semp's qualifying-every-thought-with-87-"we'll just have to see"-clauses has rotted his brain

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

used the "MACE, T-BAR, SLAPJACK" voice when listing off the mixer's features, beautiful

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It's not even the Beach Boys, it's just Mike Love playing the pre-1966 stuff + "Kokomo" in front of an audience base that's now basically 90% Trumpers

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"I think you've made your point, Bryan, and so have we."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Well that's a Pearl Jam poster, Bryan.

That also is a Pearl Jam poster.

That is a Pearl Jam poster too.

e: also lol at this Undertaker book that chronicles probably the lousiest period of his career pre-recently

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

man Semp is not equipped to deal with something like "breaking news: ROH is releasing everyone."

The endless clauses and "we'll just have to see".....dude, just say it sucks, because it does.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

El Generico posted:

Kept you waiting, huh? Did I already make that joke? Probably.

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 22nd 1999

"Paisley is The Outsiders!"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Got caught up on some of these people hating the Ghostbusters thing on Dynamite. I like the guy but there's something about Lance's haughty Canadian uptalk/downtalk that makes his fantasy booking sound even worse than it is.

bryyYYYaan, it doesn't make seeEENNNsse that the haaAAANGman wood act that waaAAAYyy.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

Bryan and Lance replaced Vinny today and boy Lance seems to not know whats going on at any point and has some real weird views on AEW.

Said it earlier, but Lance's AEW fantasy booking is Wrestlehut-level bad, it's weird.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol that Bryan desperately wanted to rag on NXT but Semp intentionally went long. Which for Semp is saying something

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Vinny sounds so defeated on this NXT 2.0 review. He's got a way of saying poo poo gimmick names that doesn't necessarily lend itself to the written word the way Bryan's does (JACK-KET TIME?), but it's almost as good

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I know you Americans are sick of hearing it, but listening to the newest Figure Four with Bryan and Lance and Jesus loving Christ you guys pay criminal amounts of money for healthcare :stare:

I got a letter from my healthcare provider that they actually weren't going to cover the knee surgery I had gotten two months before because technically, I could still walk. (Then they sent another letter saying nevermind, your orthopedist changed our minds.)

So think of it this way: While it may be true that American healthcare is prohibitively expensive, at least it's also terrible about customer service and incredibly inefficient!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

someone on reddit compiled every Meltzer five star match by match time, which is great for the matches of shorter times that got five stars. Here's all the ones that are exactly 20 minutes or less

Rey/Eddie from Halloween Havoc isn't one of them? Wow.

fake edit: ****3/4, it seems

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like how the YT paid preview segments will occasionally post an entire Dave tangent, almost like a warning if you're about to put down money.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Absolute A+ B&V show today. I'm dying laughing at the Von Wagner conversation.

It's the little things. I still love it when Bryan's just listing stuff back-to-back-to-back that's annoying him about a given segment, and then: "this show SUCKS."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

bryan's ranting about how he can't like matches where there are no consequences

GO AWAY! STOP LISTENING TO MY SHOW!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm starting B&V from the beginning and not skipping ahead because I want to hear Alvarez run the entire emotional wavelength from the effusive love and defense of Hangman/Danielson to raging over this turd-filling NXT show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

His rant about the nxt characters last night was great and Vinny had a good minirant too

Got some good Bryan voice cracks in the rant. Good stuff.