Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Would Nobodies Watching Wrestling count? (They do have podcast episodes).
It's a duo of Drag Queens and their wrestling-savvy friend ranting about wrestling and it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I remember his website that was full of dirt about other wrestlers. It was so weird to see somebody who played a super cleancut babyface being a total smug bastard irl.

and since that time I really wonder if Tom Zenk would have been a successful heel.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Did Dave ever said why he didn't went to be a wrestler? Too grueling?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MassRafTer posted:

He wanted to be a sports journalist more.

Too bad, ok thanks.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Hulkamatt is a yellow-bellied coward!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

dsriggs posted:

Granny watched Jenna vs Sharmell

Bryan is going to be disowned.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Lid posted:

Roman is a Rodimus Prime.

Ultra Magnus.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Gaz-L posted:

Eh, I assumed that one of Cena's house rules was silence except for mealtimes and a designated 20 minute conversation period held in the yard so as not to damage the structure of the property with the vibrations of voices.

You can only talk about the greatness of Eric Andre in his house. (which is correct)

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Dave Meltzer would have been the greatest wrestler ever.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

triplexpac posted:

Dave, just say Hogan is a horrible human being, it’s okay!

What if Hogan burns down another Observer mag? :ohdear:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Don't be ridiculous.... they'll get an employee to sue him and finance the lawsuit!

Poor Renee. :(

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Ruck Fules, imo.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Davey Bryan Alvarez.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I remember he won a tag match but I'm not sure if it was by dq or not...

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Rick posted:

The basic point that Dave made that Dana was the #1 villain compared to Vince being #2 was that Dana's a lot more in touch with the world and reality and 100% knows likely understands better what he's doing. . . . but after reading Dana's latest comments I'm no longer sure that's the case.

His bible gun told him to do that.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Wazzu posted:

Your new world champion! Elbow to the side of the head!

And if you want to complain about Bryan not remembering things, check out at 55 minutes where he talks about bobbing for apples and forgets earlier in the show where they clarified it is bobbing for pumpkins in chocolate syrup. Like he says "in tar or something" and Vinny has to remind him it's chocolates syrup, as they discussed 20 minutes ago.

Bryan should get his brain checked.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

collocation posted:

I did tell them that they might like this place because there are less bigots here, so my bad for that.

Did they even say something bigoted, beside "idiot" I guess?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Edward Mass posted:

Jesus wasn't alive in the 20th century!!!!!

He is, in our hearts.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

TheCool69 posted:

What other years would be good for this kind of book? 2007 with Benoit stuff? 2001 with WWE/WCW and the following fuckery?

1984 with the birth of the Hulkamania and the start of WWF's expansion but I'm not sure if Dave will have enough material.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
MJF - MRT feud, book it coward Tony.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Have Charlotte say "Observe this, brother!" live on TV.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cavauro posted:

Why did he say "shell yeah"?

Sharks are notoriously huge fans of the Shell company.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Pylons posted:

I really want to know what his new name would've been.

He should have used this opportunity to become "Cool Dad" Don Crenshaw!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hearing the Live Action Fist of the North Star discussed cause of Vader on the latest Between the Sheets sure was a trip. Almost want to rewatch it and see if it's less bad than the Netflix Cowboy Bebop

The 90's Movie? It's bad movie but way more fun to watch than Netflix Cowboy Bebop.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

dsriggs posted:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1491134705005383680

Interesting to see where all the non-F4W podcasts stand when it comes to getting people to part with their money.

Jordynne is making the big bucks.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, the big reveal on WOL today wasn't that Dave sometimes nods off during WOR but that he continues to talk randomly about wrestling while he's asleep :3:

Dave muttering "Don Muraco, Don Muraco, Don Muraco" during his sleep.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MassRafTer posted:

This is going to be so bad.

Can't wait for them to explain all those homophobic catchphrases.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Did his cousin ever appear on a Bryan's show?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Alvarez_(gymnast)

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
He has Max Moon tights.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Experience from his Superman cosplayer days.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

explosivo posted:

Aw, Deadlock's taking a break from AEW reviews

Signing an exclusive contract with Chocopro.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Edward Mass posted:

I mean, it's called the All-Atlantic Championship, and they have the flags of China and Japan on it.

I have the same problem as you. :negative:

Also "All-Atlantic Championship" sounds kinda dumb.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

disaster pastor posted:

Not that I'm aware of, and I think you'd have a hard time making it interesting. A lot of the matches Dave gave negative stars to, he did because they're phenomenally boring; others are negative because they're absurdly short. How do you make Toru Yano vs. Jado interesting for a podcast audience? How do you even review Oz vs. Tim Parker, a twenty-six-second squash Dave apparently gave -*** to?

Yeah it'd be better to pick up the bad disaster type of matches like Hogan-Warrior II at Halloween Havoc.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
loving techno-organic virus!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Almost forgot, Dave noting that he was planning to spend a year living in Japan in his 20s so he could go to all the shows live but then realized how much the postage for sending the Observer out would be :allears:

He should have used fax and stayed close to the joshi!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Finding out from Deadlock that WWE once ran a promotion where you could spend $300 to sit in a steel cage and eat beef ravioli with The Big Show

It should have been with Mick Foley!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
What was about CM Punk saying that Hangman want into business himself and almost jeopardized the show?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

PaybackJack posted:

Hangman indirectly refereed the Cabana situation which was not a part of the story the were telling leading into the match. I suppose the jeopardizing was that fans would think Punk had Cabana fired which would turn them against him and the show wouldn't draw as much, or I guess if he pissed Punk off enough Punk would just walk out.

Gaz-L posted:

During a face to face promo in the ring before their title match, Hangman made a few veiled comments about Punk not being as well liked and good for the company as he presented himself as, and made an extremely vague comment about being able to tell the audience something about Punk that would make them dislike him (presumably the Cabana thing). Literally no-one got what he was talking about and either forgot about it or thought it made Page seem unfocused and kind of unlikeable. Then Punk held on to being pissed off about it for 3 months and randomly called Page out on Dynamite when it wasn't the plan for the segment, knowing he wasn't going to come out and gently caress up the live TV show, purely to embarrass him for something everyone had forgotten about and made the comment I quoted above about wanting the apology to be public... somehow.

Ohhh ok thank you. I couldn't remember what happened but yeah I expected something more important lol.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Gaz-L posted:

To just add a tad, I also don't get the 'jeopardising the gate' thing. The building was already sold out. Unless Punk was gonna walk over those verbal vague-tweets, he's either deluded or lying.

Yeah that was the major point that made me wonder what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Bobby Punk or CM Fish.