Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VRTL Pros is the only good wrestling podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Aries was actually pretty reasonable about his approach to veganism even if he did pepper discussion with the occasional pseudoscientific nugget. And then he was very candid about his time in WWE and his place in wrestling at this point in his career.

Aaaaand then he made sure to say that fluoride causes autism in the last 30 seconds of the interview. So close, Austin, so close.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Did Kyle O'Reilly implicate WWE in contract tampering on Talk is Jericho today? He admits that they had talks while he was under ROH contract?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

oatgan posted:

it was a known thing at the time, roh even threatened legal action to get them to stop

I remember the threat of legal action, but it was still a surprise that he flat out said it on an approved podcast appearance.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Hell, I was watching too much MMA when I started reading A Clash of Kings and was very concerned about the kingly ambitions of Henly Baratheon.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Second in the Alex Shelley rec. Dude has a good outlook on the business and his place in it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

oatgan posted:

no the other one

I think it was subscription only

Pro Wrestling Fringe is a Stitcher Premium show about weird wrestling stories clearly designed to appeal to non-wrestling fans who might be intrigued by the sudden popularity of indie wrestling while completely repulsed by dudes arguing about fantasy booking.

It sucks that Colt won't do interviews anymore because he was always the best at drawing out great stories and insight but I could see why he wants to stop when every other retired wrestler has a podcast that does similar things. His reasoning is probably that he started one boom and he can pivot and start another.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

How are you such a consistent shitlord?

Aesop Poprock posted:

I guess they're both mostly WWE guys so it makes sense they'd see things in that bubble, but Christian seemed especially critical and said he might watch the rest of the show so I'm curious what he'll think of... basically any other match, since Jericho-Omega was obviously the most WWE style

One thing I've found frustrating about most wrestle podcasts reviewing big matches is that the hosts don't watch the show regularly enough to have the sometimes necessary context for the match. Like Omega/Okada I is undeniable (II and III require backstory imo) but Omega/Jericho was a really good match made great by the build and Kenny's slow burn face turn. Another good example of wrestlers not getting it because they don't watch outside of PPVs for review purposes is Killing the Town hating Black/Velveteen Dream because they didn't understand half of the interactions in the match and then Lance Storm seemed to take the "say my name" as an actual stipulation.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

One of the first things Vampiro says to hype LU's new season on the Stone Cold podcast is that Pentagon got fat. What a great spokesman.

Edit: the entire interview is an amazing web of bullshit. Vamp is so broken down from his amazing work rate but he can do moonsaults because of his vegan diet. He is training to be a vegan chef so that he can heal mental disabilities and illness with plants because he also got his degree in mental health. Oh also Rosemary got hurt because she is injury prone not because Sexy Star cranked on her arm.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 1, 2018

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't listened yet but does he still claim to be teaching Krav Maga to Israeli Special Forces or something like the last time I heard him on a podcast?

He's now teaching it to children with learning disabilities to improve their hand-eye coordination. How he finds the time to do that while also playing in two bands, training to be a chef, and writing/booking 600 wrestling shows a year, I don't know. What an amazing man.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sami Callihan comes across really poorly on Talk is Jericho. He's probably trying to use everyone hating him to drum up business but he's much too stupid to not shoot himsef in the foot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Benne posted:

You don't say

Well yeah but this was even bad by his standards. He manages to say things that could piss off every major promotion that would consider employing him, while also taking credit for things like the End of Days and saying that he should be allowed to say racist things in character.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

John Cena on ID10T is a goddamn revelation.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Warthur posted:

Just heard Teddy Hart on the latest Talk Is Jericho and holy poo poo, he's like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.

His speaks basically non-stop for like 15 minutes and casually drops so much insane poo poo that it really is something that must be heard.

It's definitely the most pro-steroid interview in wrestling podcast history.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

How are they going to wrestle Funky Future with Ricochet signed to NXT?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I'm guessing he goes the a full six on it. Which would mean in the span of a few weeks Omega got two fivers and one that breaks the scale.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

forkboy84 posted:

I can't imagine being so mad about getting to actually see the best in the world do his thing sooner rather than later.

Other fighters (include F4W staff) received harsher punishments for first time failures. Machida willingly disclosed a supplement that had one ingredient that had only recently been banned and for which he didn't actually test positive and he still got 18 months. This ruling makes USADA testing a sham.

There's also the issue of cheating to making yourself stronger to hit other people in the head. Dave has always had strong opinions about concussions and steroids so it's not out of character for him to be pissed.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

It's not falls count anywhere!

Didn't Taker/Shane end with the pinfall on the stairs? I know it was one of the forgettable cell matches.

Also, I would argue that the robe break is due to the pin no longer being "legal" with the same logic being why you get DQed for not breaking a submission. So the pin should be counted in a no DQ scenario.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

LividLiquid posted:

I care because it's a symptom of not having collective bargaining, which would solve far more issues than just this one.

But also, loving circus performers probably don't have to worry about this poo poo. The ring crew definitely doesn't. People who do indie movies for scale don't have to worry about this poo poo.

WWE has spent years telling us that WCW overpaid workers and gave them too many benefits an despite most of us agreeing that WWE is short-changing just about everybody they employ as in-ring performers, that lie has permeated more than we'd all like to admit.

I fully agree with you but Ringling Bros. also treated their employees like poo poo and they had to live on a train in tiny rooms.

But yeah, there's a reason the only gripe mentioned that people left WCW over was feeling creatively stifled because they definitely covered pay and transportation in a way that WWE never will.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tom’s dumbest argument was that the stadium stampede did all of the possible stadium spots and didn’t save anything as if they will ever do that match again.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Then when LMS got canceled, Allen claimed it was because of an industry bias against conservative Hollywood talent

Forgetting of course that while he may be conservative, he has no talent, and also that same Hollywood machine made him a millionaire. The only episodes of Home Improvement I remember are the ones where one of his sons gets cancer and he handles it obscenely badly, and the one where Christoper McDonald shows up (AKA Shooter McGavin).

How could you forget the one where Brad gets an undercut pony nub that everyone inexplicably got 23 years later?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

What gets me about the constant obsession with explaining the the mythical casual viewer is that other forms of media don’t do that. If a new villain shows up at the end of an episode of Supernatural or whatever, they don’t immediately explain everything about who it is and what their motivation is. Laying everything out anytime something new happens is just bad storytelling.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There is no loving way AEW has any significant amount of casual viewers

They got a bunch after the NBA game one time and they all were so confused by the lack of explanation that they just roasted Chris Jericho’s torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

JT Smiley posted:

This might be blasphemous, but I've grown to like the show more than the movie.

I don’t think it is blasphemous because you’ve gotten more time with the TV characters so you can grow to love them. Too bad we only got one episode with that lovable human Jackie Daytona though.