Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Cavauro posted:

is Tessa related to Test. or would have been friends together. And

Chuck Testa is their uncle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Wait... what? You can't rent a car in the United States until you're 25? :psyduck:

This is the real reason why WWE doesn't employ young people anymore

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I can only imagine the bathroom segments that would have taken place if that was his name

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I got the impression that he was just as mad about Britt's promo being kind of an out-of-kayfabe pat on the back for putting on a good performance rather than more of a kayfabe promo, which I think I remember it being a little less kayfabe-y than it should have been and I agree with him on that point. I understand why he thinks it makes more story sense for Rosa to be getting more attention after the match and I also agree with him that it does, but there's a LOT of other reasons why Britt could and should be getting the attention. I think maybe they probably could have saved this match for somewhere later down the road and instead built Britt up to win the title against other people, but also it was a really good match and I'm glad I saw it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Or more ideally 80 less students, but WWE seems to think only about 1 out of every 50 or so students is ever actually gonna become worthwhile so they recruit by volume in order to give themselves a better chance of finding that 1.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I'm sure to casual or new fans WWE probably does look better at first. It's a crisper more cleanly produced show, their pyro is bigger and better, the led boards and thunderdome screens everywhere make it look more expensive and thus better/more important. But a lot of that stuff starts to look really awful after watching even a few shows, not to mention the bad production choices like the camera work and the crispy Roman and Riddle birds cgi things.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought Seth called him a liar because Dave reported the untrue story about Seth giving a speech to the locker room, which Dave then apologized for.

I think the fun theory is that someone leaked to Dave the incorrect story that Seth gave a ra ra speech after the Saudi hostage situation in order to discredit him as he was at the time making a lot of noise about it being a hostage situation. Seth called him out on being wrong about the ra ra speech and he admitted to being wrong and also stopped talking about the Saudi thing.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Calvin COOL-EDGE

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
A bit nitpicky but Shaq is way bigger than 6'7"

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Um did granny call Charlotte homely last night?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

a cyborg mug posted:

In any case it’s not the original, which is here at 0:45 https://youtu.be/Xy36R3vmE2A

I know, I was heartbroken when I found out

The original sound is still pretty funny too

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Mike broke Bryan on WoL today

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
What in the world was that survey Bryan was talking about today on WOL

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Yeah it's this thanks.

I wonder what could possibly make people decide that WWE has better storytelling. Like AEW obviously has the best story between the 2 right now and the last real story I can even think of WWE having was that Otis/Mandy/Dolph/Sonya stuff which was good and then had that unfortunate ending. I guess the Roman/Paul/Brock stuff is good if you can get past general Roman fatigue and specific Roman vs Brock fatigue.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I couldn't quite make out Dave's ramblings from WOR today and I think he distracted himself, but did he say he expected the Buy-In to have several hundred thousand people watching?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It's a great tweet but the 'dog' really takes it to the next level for me

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I like how bryan says if you want to here him rant on the segment listen to wol then minutes later he is ranting

he just cant help himself. the man loves ranting and wwe gives him so many opportunities

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I don't necessarily disagree with everything Lance said but him getting his undies in a knot over some wrestlers having fun doing a costume match the one time a year they get the opportunity is some real boring poo poo and him acting like AEW did themselves a disservice by letting the main event people do this and potentially costing themselves some new viewers is really dishonest when the Bucks do their wild anarchy matches every other week.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

I'm listening to the Sunday WOL and Ryan (from Cumberland, Maryland) finally got to call back into the show, and the listeners can't hear him talk only the hosts :lol:

The Zarian WOLs are so much more poorly produced than all the others.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Zarian is just a typical podcast guy but with connections in wrestling. His Mat Men cohost is way worse. Bryan has a much more fun personality.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

vinny complaining about the number of apron spots at full gear and i'm just thinking bro, it's part of the ring.

The dude can pick nits like no other

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm starting B&V from the beginning and not skipping ahead because I want to hear Alvarez run the entire emotional wavelength from the effusive love and defense of Hangman/Danielson to raging over this turd-filling NXT show

His rant about the nxt characters last night was great and Vinny had a good minirant too

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The TBS belt really should have been tag belts just so they can put twice as many women on tv for a match

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

and then their less experienced women wouldnt have to carry a full 10 minute match by themselves all the time!

Agree on this too. There's a lot of good reasons it should have been a tag title, but I digress.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Well there aren't any tag teams but they're going to have to create some or there never will be. It's not the same situation as the men's tag division. They've done well with thrown-together teams in the past like Kris/Shida and Ryo/Leyla and they've got a few other obvious teams they could make.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

Mat Men opens with the host saying he's sick and refuses to wear a mask on the subway.

If that's not a joke, I'm pretty much done with that dude forever and if it is, what the gently caress was funny about it?

He said that in regards to himself. Apparently this is his third time to have covid and he just gets common cold symptoms from it. Of course he should still wear a mask so he doesn't spread it to other people.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Omg this rant about star wars is incredible. Book of Boba Fett really is a bad show

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

I do like that Semp seems to have barely contained seething rage for Bryan.

It's funny cuz he'll trick himself into arguing with Bryan almost no matter what even if his own opinion of a thing is the same as Bryan's.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Granny doesn't like Hook. Cancel Granny

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Are bears waterproof

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How the gently caress is Bryan 135 lbs

He's shorter than Adam Cole

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Just listened to WOL. Bryan must have been on some jetlag because god was he bad today.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

I may be buzzed but this was funny af

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bryan is right. The first 100 pages of LotR is boring

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I wish Bryan had asked Semp is he was a flat earther on WOL today

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I think it's possible that someone living on the far eastern edge of their time zone could experience a sunset as early as someone much farther to the north but on the western edge of their time zone during the winter

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
They should replace Craig with Fontleroy

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The JOE KERR

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I mean he wasn't wrong about the RoH women's title thing but it's such a small nit to pick it hardly feels worth bringing up at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The 20 straight minutes of Braun burial on WOL today was excellent