Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Rhinox was cool, he had a machine gun and did science

Just wanna take this opportunity to remind everyone that Beast Wars > Transformers.

Remember that time Depth Charge loving stabbed Rampage through the spark and Rampage let him because he knew it would blow them both up so he went out like the loving Predator laughing.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uv6pr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For someone who doesn't have the sub, what exactly did Dave say and what did Bryan say in response in regards to Dave's new opinion about the Mox match.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Dave said that rewatching it he couldn't say it wasn't a great match because they had the crowd and told a story, so even if he didn't personally like it he couldn't be one of those people who just said it was bad because he personally hated it. He noted the feedback response had been split but more people thought it was great than bad. Bryan's response was "WHAT MADE IT GOOD???" And Dave basically repeated what he'd just said.

I love when someone cites their reasons and presents examples as to why they think something and the first response back is OH YEAH PROVE IT WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE!

Like, motherfucker were you not listening to me?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Don't fight guys :(

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

OctoberCountry posted:

How the hell did Bryan think the two dudes in the subway from the Dark Order promo were Santana and Ortiz?

Look into your heart, you know the answer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's boomers top to bottom. Starting to think wrestling journalism needs some younger and more inclusive voices than some old white dudes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh but seriously I posted:

spikegal give us the scoops
this just in: I love y'all.

experts all agree that "y'all rock"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

mkay0 posted:

Never agreed with Dave and Bryan more that their criticisms of AEW this week

What were they

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Boomers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus that post got me loving triggered woof.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Dave saying wwe programming is bad because of the crowd is certainly something

The crowds are loving silent because the shows are bad its not tough to figure out

These are the same kinda excuses that blame fans and fan groups of everything. One step away from comedians blaming PC culture for comedy not having any teeth anymore which is really just another way of some gently caress boomer saying "back in my day---"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I legit loved that match because it never seemed like they were outmatched. They laid into him. And beat him in the end by breaking both his arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-nGhN_YmI&t=2329s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A good intergender match should be booked like any other match - body type vs body type. If you have a big power woman wrestler against a light speedy male wrestler I want to see a match of powerhouse vs the flash. I don't want to see oh man how could a woman ever beat a man?!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Darby Allin stuff sounds like things I wouldn't do but not like stuff that I should hate him for. He's still a good wrestler with great underdog energy so until I see something worse Go Darby!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That a member of the band Korn?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

living in 2020 is loving exhausting

Not really. That implies being a decent human being is exhausting.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Living in a state of constant outrage isn't tiring?

There's plenty to be outraged about in 2020 but you're implying that being in 2020 and part of this culture it's just outraged for outrageous sake. That belittles the idea that there is legitimate things to be outraged about.

When I see someone say something like living in 2020 is exhausting it makes me think of all those people that tell me I shouldn't be upset when I see stuff like transphobia or homophobia or systemic racism. It's a problematic phrase

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Becky heel turn lasted literally one week. I've been watching WWE since 1994, don't try to play gatekeeper here. Charlotte deserves more spotlight than she has, she should be the top heel in the company but she's stuck in the midcard most of the time. She's even going to have to contend for a developmental belt at Wrestlemania while Becky is dealing with Shayna, when it should be top babyface vs top heel. She's hated here because ya'll have made her out to be a Trump supporter in your minds without any evidence other than how she looks.

Just because you like someone and other people don't, even if the amount of people who don't like the person in question outnumber you, doesn't mean you have to get this you vs them mentality.

You like her and you have your reasons. Others dislike her and have their reasons. But might I suggest avoiding attacking the forum as if it were your enemy? It would do your mind good and could bring down your stress levels :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Do it, no heroes here only sinners.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinny now thinking than Hangman shouldn't turn is really dumb. They think he is Steve Austin, no he's Tommaso Ciampa. He needs to turn heel still.

Hangman should stay face and Kenny should turn heel.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is going to go down in history as the weirdest Wrestlemania ever. And hopefully the last.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I Before E posted:

Consider this: let's go Cena

Counter point: Cena rules

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I'm so old :negative:

I'm old enough to remember when you were too old to read twitter too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Cameo posted:

Me, sobbing, quietly whispering “go... ace!”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

collocation posted:

"there are women who play the game too for pushes, aggressively if you know what I'm saying, it' not just all guys are pigs and the women are pure, everything is a shade of grey" - Dave Meltzer

There's bad folks on both sides one might say.

Get hosed Dave

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

HidaO-Win posted:

The last bit of Dean Ambrose I enjoyed was when he came out to interrupt Triple H and Seth. https://youtu.be/wuB5z_nFQ-Q from about 2:40

There was a somewhat dangerous energy to Ambrose in that promo. In his Jericho interview he mentioned wondering if they were going to try and bury him in that segment and he resolved “If they want to get weird out there, I’ll get weird.”

I also enjoyed him turning face again by just going “Eh” to Seth after he got jumped in a match.

I hadn't seen this before i love how smoothly Jon leans out of the ring to get in hhh face

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Podcasts are great. Love them podcasts

I wonder if we can start calling them Poadcasts. And then as slang just call them Poads.

Listen to any good poads lately?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can anyone give a breakdown of Mox's talking points

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Are international movies in the running? Because off the top of my head Godzilla Final Wars, Outrage, Battle Royale, Hardcore Henry

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know you Jim but I hope you get better

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm excited for this book. Definitely preordering.

Also, just a random note: I sometimes think Bryan and Vinny ae a bit too hyperbolic about things. I don't hate Michael Cole, for example. But having just watched Hardy vs. Styles vs. Zayn as per their recommendation, the camera cuts really are horrific. I didn't think camera work could detract from enjoyment this much.

When I was a kid, wrestling was just wrestling. As an adult, there's so much that goes into a great match or wrestling shows that goes above and beyond are the people in the match good at wrestling. Is the ref good at counting a nice, dramatic pinfall, is the camera not total poo poo, are the commentators making your ears bleed....you can have the best workers in the world in there and if all of these other criteria fail, the match can be ruined.
This reminds me when I used to work in the broadcast business. I would tell my director that one person having a bad day could ruin a whole show even if everyone else was having their best day. The producer the director the camera operators the sound engineer down to the teleprompter operator. Everything had to be working together even to just begin having a good show

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

yeah but the difference is I'm fairly sure Brits are ok firing John Lydon into the sun but Snoop is America

Hell I remember when his name was Snoop Doggy Dog and then Snoop Dog then Snoop then I think he was a lion for a little bit and went back to snoop dog.

I think he made the conversion with his friendship with Martha

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Most importantly, it’s nobody’s loving business if the dude got divorced, married a second partner or joined some kind of sex cult polycule.

What a weird thing to even speculate over.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I dont watch the podcasts so I am trying real hard to figure out what the heck is going on. Karl is mad at Bryan for reason?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

collocation posted:

They did a press release stating that they had X show, Y show, Z show and more. His show was included in the "and more" and he is angry about that because he was on the site before anyone but Bryan. He also suggests that there has been an ongoing issue with Josh Nason regarding a lack of respect.

So basically they are running an invasion angel. Making all this public seems trite.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

I don't think I've seen a poster more dramatically change than EMF in my entire life, and I've been on here since 05.

They are legend

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah so far most of the opinions I've seen are this was really funny but they are willing to give AEW a chance to get out of it/they don't care and can move forward enjoying AEW. Hell most people I've seen still say it was a great show with a bad ending - which gently caress how many times has that happened when you watched a movie, played a game or read a book?

But if AEW tries to be like please stop posting meme's it's not funny - good will would vanish.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Considering AEW has been putting on great show after great show and has reinvigorated my love for wrestling I hope they don't take the advice of the olds too seriously. I think they are building a wonderful formula all their own and would hate to see that derailed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wonder if when Dave retires if someone else will take up the mantle of official star giver for match quality on ALL wrestling in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HHH: I remember when I was a young midcarder for this company. I used to call the old man funny names - Pops, senile... once I even said.... he liked cocks... - but there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn, and you just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You've insulted me and you've insulted this company with that bastard podcast of yours. I had a guaranteed main eventer with Karrion Kross... who cares if he could work or not? :mad:

I just drank a screwdriver where I accidently put more vodka in than I meant to and right now at this moment I really enjoyed this Robocop reference.