Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I can't believe my good friend Poor Man's Shield is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Minorkos posted:

people say these new heroes look like LoL heroes but they're actually more like HoN heroes if you think about it

I was saying that to one of my friend. It's even more apparent when you look at all the tags pangolin has. A tanky DPS with a cc ability and an escape! Wow, just what this game needs more of!

. More than anything they look like some Dreamworks ripoff and :gay: as h*ck.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Arzachel posted:

Yeah, it's great

I'm so ready to run some dumb Bane rightclick carry build while mashing New Meta on the chat wheel

I'd be happy with the Bane changes but nothing was more satisfying then getting a self deny with nightmare. :(

7 free seconds of autoattacks!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
BM is going to suck even harder now, her spiders are going to be so easy to farm.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Pangolier is called Donte, like what people called the new Dante in DmC :lol:

Cabbit posted:

Don't look now, but the patch is live.

Nooo I wanted another day of earthshaking fools. :(

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 31, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
:rip: 1 second CD Jinada. +300 track gold seems kinda bad for a level 25 talent. Like, if a BH hits 25, you probably don't need that much gold anymore...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
OD is a monster now that he's completely immune to magic damage.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Intelligence gives magic resist, OD gets enormous amounts of intelligence.

I was being hyperbolic, but seriously it's like a free AM passive.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
jfc juggernaut is so slow at level 1 now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
e: actually I forgot about something.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 1, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

LoL I find is worse because people tilt so loving fast in that game and give up.

Honestly, at least half my losses are because someone flips out before creeps have spawned and decided someone else on the team 'does not deserve to win'.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kild posted:

he's not ANYTHING. He does no damage and has only his ult as real CC.

Thank god. I hate how he looks, I hate his kit, I hate everything about that stupid dreamworks lookin idiot!!!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Arzachel posted:

Is this an US thing? People get hekka mad on EU West but I can't recall the last time someone fed on purpose, never mind before min 20.

Maybe. It's happened in 7 out of my last 12 games, but at least I won the other 5.

:tinfoil: Maybe I'm in the hidden rage queue?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dota is the definition of a literal salt mine

You must harness the salt

You must become the salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

Internet Kraken posted:

This is probably a :can: but how do most people consider the state of the game to be since a year ago? Better or worse? Its always surprised me that there are so many huge changes so late into development.

Honestly I might just quit playing. The incrimental and well thought out changes IceFrog used to make are history, now Valve makes sweeping changes with seemingly zero consideration of how it'll change the game or interact with other changes.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 1, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like how almost all of the new effects have undefined tooltips.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Bane's enfeeble talent is going to get nerfed. 120 free damage at level 10 is insane.

I'm torn on how good Kaya is. I've built it on invoker a few times and it seems decent considering how cheap it is, but I don't know if it's worth delaying other core items for. Makes RF orb invoker even more nuts, though. :v:

Anyone know how it works with % mana cost abilities like Storm's ult, or sustained mana costs like Leshrac's ult?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 2, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It baffles me why she has two powerful ults.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I know I've said it before but just going MoM on a support Bane with the enfeeble talent can do an eye watering amount of damage, good god.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brinner posted:

Or take him mid and force the enemy mid to go jungle from minute 1 :toot:

Yeah, it works really well when someone on your team doesn't pitch an autism fit over Bane mid.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Diffusal isn't BAD, but it blows my mind people keep rushing it on pangolier. Do they think his q procs on hits or something? :iiam:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

...it does. The only modifiers it doesnt proc are ones based on your attack damage; cleave, lifesteal, or crit.

Hm, really? That seems like a pretty vital thing to leave out of the tooltip. It specifically says Heartpiercer has a chance to activate, but Essence Aura specifically says it can activate off of Arcane Orb and it doesn't work for any other orb effect.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brinner posted:

It's actually good and cool. The stat gain is nice and the slow helps landing all your spells and being the annoying pos you are. Add a linkens and an MKB and you poo poo out damage and are pretty untouchable. The meme build is to go treads into 5 javelins and watch your Q proc for 1600 dmg a hit.

I keep seeing people do it and have no impact, I've had way more success going halberd/Atos, or Radiance and being disruptive than trying to be pure damage.

uninverted posted:

What's the best core mirana build these days? I've been going aquila, phase, maelstrom with all the right click talents and it's been working pretty well. Is the magic damage build with agh's still any good?

Not nearly as much since the second star doesn't come down from the agh's anymore.

Radical posted:

the actual dueling fates update page mentioned how the ability worked, but the ingame tooltip does not

That's a pretty critical thing to leave out!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Good.

also every meepo gives pango a stack of his w :lol:

To clarify, you CAN stack over 100% damage resist.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 6, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel like there's going to be some mind blowing play with Pango + tusk shards or Shaker fissure or whatever where he pinballs back and forth 5 times.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Okay that Bane change was super needed. I kinda hope the autoattack thing stays viable, just not as insane as it was.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

Might be a little early to say but it looks like Pango is still dogshit even after the changes.

Think of him as being sort of like Slardar. He's very tanky, very mobile, does decent damage and decent crowd control. He's really relevant at all points in the game.

The way I build him is Q E Q W Q R Q W with the mana regen, shield crash, and swashbuckle talents. Magic wand + tangos and faerie fire to start, then treads into aquilla or drums

Depending on comp/how the game's going, get Radiance, Halberd, or Diffusal as a core item then move onto BKB, Pipe, Octarine, Abyssal or Shiva's.

Save your Q in the lane to escape from ganks. You're basically impossible to kill without hardcore CC dedicated to you. Orb of Venom is godly against weak lanes. QW clears waves and camps insanely fast.

Harass with swashbuckle if you can, but make sure to hit R in a safe spot; You're not magic immune until you start actually rolling. Don't try to make tight turns, make wide rolls to hit people more than once. It adds up to do an immense amount of damage. Your ult has an extremely low CD, so don't be afraid to use it.

Blink Dagger is also super good since you don't need to turn to use it and it can get you a free roll hit.

ps also oh yeah axe is your worst enemy.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 7, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Level 25 talent

L25 dota2 is a hilariously beautiful clusterfuck ATM.

A WHOLE THREE HUNDRED GOLD ON TRACK KILLS? :aaaaa:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

jBrereton posted:

The creeps are a psychological imposition of the Ancients on the minds of the heroes as a quasi-physical externalisation of the mastery of their own abilities. That's why they feel significantly more Daunted when their "barracks" are gone and take more damage. Duh.

That reminds me, I thought the whole thing with creeps being normal people who got warped into mind slaves was kinda cool.

Death Bot posted:

Clinkz has the best character bio of any character from any video game, though

You mean Troll.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think what hurts dota the most is how little valve cares, or seems to care, about it. They don't communicate at all.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

Valve has never ever been a communicative company though. Steam doesn't even have a customer support phone number.

That didn't matter when they were making Half Life or Portal, or even TF2. It matters when they are making a game like Dota.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So is Jugg just terrible now or what, his talents are a complete joke, omnislash is easier to counter than ever, and the game showers stronger carries with gold so his early game advantage is meaningless.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

build the nullifier and most of the ways to counter omnislash go away

Nullifier majorly blows compared to diffusal blade.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Cosmic brain: you can get both

Or you could play PA/CK/Sven and kill people before they have a chance to react, Slark/AM/PL/Void and peace out when they try, or Medusa/Spect and shrug off any damage that might come your way until it runs out, or...

My point is, yeah you CAN, but it doesn't change the fact that Juggernaut is kind of bad right now since his niche (carry that comes online early) is useless (since there's so much more gold on the map and offlaners can't really bully carries anymore) and he needs to buy an expensive and absurdly badly statted item to counter common inexpensive ones now, instead of countering it with a relatively inexpensive item with an easy build up and good stats.

Do you want to go back to the days of Naga or Morph being the best carry? No, you don't want that. :colbert:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Since when did slardar get 700 ms in river during sprint

Minorkos posted:

after playing around 70 hours of this game in the past 3 weeks, i can now confidently say that i slightly understand the game once more. also it has completely hosed up my life

i'm ready for the new ranked season

My peak MMR was 5k and my typical MMR was around 4k, I ended the previous season around 3.8k due to massive tilting. I've lost all 3 of my qualifier games so far.

looking forward to recalibrating at whatever the equivilent to 2k is. :toot:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, seasonal matchmaking is a complete mess. I wonder if Valve just did it in a "THERE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?" kind of way? :v:

I lost basically all my qualifiers and got shunted into Legend, and now the only game I've lost was one where we had someone feed from the start because they didn't get mid, and even that was pretty close.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

I think my only valuable item is this dumb void mace that's worth like $90. How do I sell it for real money and not steam dollars?

Timebreaker's worth like 15 bucks now.

Before you feel bad, I had two Lockjaws from TI2. Sold one for $300, kept the other for when the price went up.

They go for $80 now. :rip:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel weird saying this but I think jungle WK is actually decent right now, his Q is as good for ganking as ever and mortal strike skeletons are absolutely busted early game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

The skeletons kinda suck for jungling because one second they're being useful and tanking neutrals for you and then they randomly run to mid or the offlane and push the wave at random times which is even worse than having a jungler.

Who cares about jungling with them? You save smoke into lane, fireball someone, and then bodyblock them in with yourself + skeletons hitting for ~40 damage.

Neurolimal posted:

Yep, at least you can choose when to summon them.

they're pretty good and persistent at chasing heroes though, its just that they turn into extra lane creeps when they dont find a hero or camp.

The worst part is that they attack things that are WFB stunned, but not slowed. :what:

If they were actually controllable they'd be awesome, but they're still really good for getting first blood.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If you don't start fireball because people aren't fighting, first blood probably isn't going to happen for a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When a game is 15-0 by 15 minutes, I don't typically feel a need to play anymore.