Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

probably not very impressive to anyone actually good at the game but a few months ago I was guardian 5 so getting here feels pretty cool :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i would suggest if you're playing 4 or 5 to simply play the skywrath mage hero and do a million damage

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the only true dota is when I, an archon queue with my 6k friend and my herald 2 friend.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

im pretty ok at carry and pretty ok at support

perfectly mediocre and adequate at dota

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

sometimes I drop below 10k behaviour score but I play almost exclusively carry in ranked so it comes with the territory.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i recently discovered that i am a snapfire sicko because in lane if you just play like a total psycho nobody can out damage/tank you so every lane is a complete bloodbath that you usually win

also ult funny

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i hope they drop it on april 25th

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

its happened one or two times and its usually really loving cool

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

its a new game, maybe ill be good now

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Geight posted:

If this isn't 8.0 what could possibly qualify

gambler

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

axe is insanely fun in this current state of just pure chaos

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i have won every single ranked game since the patch

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i gained like 500 mmr and now im playing like the worst I ever have performance wise lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

NtotheTC posted:

which of the patch changes crippled natures prophet? he's the 2nd lowest winrate in a patch where you'd think porting round the map would be insanely strong

the best carries of the patch poo poo all over him

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TOOT BOOT posted:

Some carry players can't even handle dying once in the laning phase. Doesn't matter if the lane was perfect before that point, or whether you get 2 return kills after they died.

tbf sometimes as carry if you die, tp to lane and die again its basically game over

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Geight posted:

I've been playing genuinely worse the past few days and I don't know why! I am trying to be a lot more mindful of my gameplay such as by thinking what I could have done better decision-wise and then trying to put that into practice and I am just making the absolute worst decisions and having even worse execution. I had a mid DK build a battlefury and I'm actually pretty sure I still played worse than him, somehow. I'm gonna be the first dude to end up losing ranking after getting bumped up a bracket by the recalibration.

this is a very normal step of the process. i get on again off again coaching from my 6k friend and trying to juggle everything you know you should be doing can be really brain destroying.

my advice is to pick 1 thing to work on at a time and let the sweet autopilot take over just a little bit.

its very difficult though, probably the hardest part of improving

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

also i went up 2 stars in recalibration, lost them and regained them again tonight, it happens

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

new patches are always way more toxic cause so many people who quit come back

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

terrorblade will always be the HoN dev who called everyone the n word, to me.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

ILL Machina posted:

I played a game with allied slacks techies

one time I played with my friend who is very good at dota and slacks called me several slurs lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Corla Plankun posted:

slacks is way too comfortable with the word "bitch" and it's honestly shocking to me that he hasn't milkshake ducked yet.

they were a bit harsher than that but i was feeding so it was honestly pretty justified

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

JollyBoyJohn posted:

did an organised 5v5 with a bunch of mates last night, was super fun but the team imbalance was a little skewed as to be expected, I ended up mid against a guy probably about 2/2.5k higher than me, i first picked Puck purely since I knew that was their favourite hero and let me tell you i learned a lot about Puck v Invoker. The way he goaded a jaunt from his right click into a tornado emp made me feel like i was getting clowned on, got the first kill in mid on him though, thanks to a clinkz and managed to kill one of my better dota friends on the carry wraith king with a max range illusory orb so all in all I was happy :D

anyway that was a bit intense so afterwards queu'ed as 4 natures prophet and crushed a pub, all in all a good nights dota

playing someones favorite hero vs them is always a good way to find out the most brutal and insane way to get owned

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

snapfire is probably pretty good vs him, she can usually burst pretty much any support

and she dosent really care about sprout

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

rkd_ posted:

I know it's a meme and I'm definitely not saying I'm better than people at my rank, but me shaving 500 something games seeing people with nearly 10K games do the most dumb poo poo ever is so frustrating. Like how do you even play this game that much but you're still stuck in Herald?

I really should join the Pyrion Flax Discord thing, at least I can lose while having fun then.

dota is a game where its extremely easy to do habitual bad poo poo and not notice it if you don't actively think about the game

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

don't forget jakiro, he owns lanes, kills towers and lets you farm up real good

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

buy more rapiers

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

you could also dissassemble vanguard for heart for a while, as well as satanic.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Super-NintendoUser posted:

what is it about pudge that makes people pick him p4, miss hooks for 20 min and then DC

all it takes is losing to the pudge thats actually good to make you become the joker

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

one time I played vs viper veno as drow ranger during a drow patch and I have never dumpstered a lane so thoroughly.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I have no idea why they added Khanda. What a stupid item. It's just up there in the pantheon of nonsense.

just queued up and for the first time in days I get a p4 game and hoodwink is not banned. yessssss

every dota 2 item is bad until it's completely busted in a way you couldn't imagine.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

rapier is a cool item right now because it's so specific and impractical

seeing a very very good PA player get aeigis and buy a rapier to go for a long shot win is incredible to see

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i had the prophecy today cause i kept trying to chainfrost my spire today as lich and now it's real

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

also do not throw ursa into your team

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

if you want to play tiny supp at low mmr just play nyx

nyx is a loving big dick hero vs bad players, you just run around one shotting people and you are an incredibly strong laner

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I'm doing an unironic dota 2 let's play of my adventures in archon

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Zeruel posted:

i need to get better at CS whenever i try to last hit im always off by 1 hp

the ingame last hit trainer is actually pretty sick for this

along with the '"hold s" trick to animation cancel

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

tinker got to be an insane pubstomper for like 12 years, he can be dogshit for a bit.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i do, as long as they're on the enemy team

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i had an incredibly long spiel ready for my lp thread based on gameplay changes lol

still, it is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

you can also get arcanas from the candy roulette system