Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Housh posted:

Anyone have band recommendations for fashionable goons? I want a leather band but overwhelmed by the options on Etsy.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/6053 Ordered this beauty but hasn't come in yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Also use the Spigen stand. Once I got it I was so annoyed I hadn’t spent the stupid 10 bucks sooner and dealt with the charger as is for over a year.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Can’t decide if I want to jump on one of the new Nike+ models in my local store. I have a S1 and the new models are noticeably nicer and faster, and having swim use would be nice. Just not sure it’s worth almost $500 to make the upgrade right now.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Raffles posted:

Are there any good milanese loop knockoffs? A lot on Amazon seem to be too cheap to be any good. I'd happily pay in the $30-50 range for something decent, but everything seems to be around $15 range (which is fine by me if there actually are any good)

Honestly most of the generic silver ones seem to be fine. I bought one like two years ago and while it slightly loosens every so often it was $10 instead of $100 and still looks flawless.

The coated ones tend to flake from what I hear.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Upgrading from a Series 1 to a S5 aluminum. Excited to see what an actually responsive Watch is like. Have been waiting for an always on display. 44mm in Alaskan blue. The bands are still egregiously overpriced but glad to see Apple getting a little more consumer friendly with band choice and cost when speccing our a watch.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

My 1 battery is crawling across the line so I really need an upgrade. Ready to order tomorrow if indeed it comes through.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Damnit, I need to decide on a Nike model vs a blue standard. I had pre-event fully decided on Nike for the extra watch faces as there aren’t many good large digital watch faces with complications but that blue is beautiful and I love it.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

The Series 6 models are up for preorder at Best Buy if you're into that sort of thing.

Charging an extra $50 for blue with navy sport band for some reason.

Still can’t decide on blue vs Nike - have both on order and will probably cancel one before they ship.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Well, I'm upgrading from a Series 1 so any change is monumental to me - the screen size, the speed, the battery are all wonderful.. but all of the reasons I went Series 6 instead of a cheaper 5 appear to be significant busts.

The Blood Oxygen monitoring is essentially useless. It only works when you are perfectly still, and I can only get it to read or read a normal measurement when I am wearing a band uncomfortably tight. The periodic measurements also don't work for that reason, and it isn't useful for what would be the coolest use, while exercising because of its limitations.

The blue, while nice, is VERY dark and in all but the brightest light is barely perceptible. Kind of a bummer.

The difference in AOD brightness is so miniscule.

I am almost certain I am going to return this and wait for another sale at the ~$300 level for the S5. Costco has them for that now, but only gold, which is a little too rose goldish for me.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

FCKGW posted:

I can't find a non-Gold S5 anywhere, pretty sure stock was blown out a while ago.

They were on the refurb store a few days after the S6 launch but they're sold out. I'll probably wait and see if they restock.

Yeah, something told me last week to order one from the refurb store but I held out. Some retailers still seem to have stock (like Best Buy) but are sitting at original retail price so I’ll see how it goes over the next 2 weeks or so. I may end up keeping the S6 for this reason - with Costco’s discount it’s only like 80 bucks or so more than the refurb store S5 so not the end of the world (and I clearly keep my watches for multiple years).

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

enojy posted:

Does anyone know if there's an expiration date for that 3-month Fitness+ trial? I was planning on saving it for a mid-2021 move; I'll have a stationary bike and not be in a noisy apartment (I don't want to be "that guy" on the second floor.)

I think 60 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

smackfu posted:

Has anyone gone from the AOD back to one that didn’t have it? Just curious.

I haven’t gone back, but I would have was I able to return my 6. I like it, but not worth a premium of a S6.

If I were buying today I’d rank them from a price/value perspective:
S5 on current sale (300-329 new) > SE > S6

S6 is certainly the best, but the benefits are so marginal. Pulse Ox is useless.