Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
is anyone else using Dark Sky and finding the complication on Watch OS 4 just says "Dark Sky" instead of the actual weather?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just bought the app a couple days ago and I had that happen yesterday. Opening the app on my phone fixed it.

I'm also seeing an issue where it says "rain soon" on the watch complication, but when you tap on it, there's no indication that rain is coming. It doesn't give the time bar graph of the rain %. For as much as everyone raves about this app, I'm actually kind of disappointed :(

Mmph, That worked. Let's see if it lasts!

Thanks.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Ever since I paired my S3 to my new XS max, the notifications have been... spotty. A good chunk of the time theres no haptic buzz, and the ding is barely perceptible. About half of the notifications never sound at all on the watch, and the phone is silent as well since it's relying on the watch to signal for me. I have the prominent haptics turned on, and the extra buzz fires about 10% of the time.

Everything worked as expected before the shift to the new phone.

Anyone else experiencing similar? Genius time?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Dick Nipples posted:

Before genius time, unpair and re-pair time.

mm, right. I'll do that tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Christ, the latest WatchOS update has halved my battery time. Watch was dead by 5pm yesterday, put it on at 6:30 am. Today, I've had it on about an hour and it's down to 86% and it went down 1% while I was typing this post! What the gently caress.

Edit: 3.5 hours of desk job later it’s at 35%.

Somethings messed up.

CaptainCrunch fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 1, 2019

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

dissss posted:

I had the exact opposite - something about iOS 13 killed my S2 dead in no time flat but the latest Watch OS seems to have fixed things.

I literally have no idea what to do.
Unpair? Make a Genius Bar appointment? It’s unusable in the current state.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

GoatSeeGuy posted:

This is usually just an app acting up, reboot the watch and see if it normalizes. If not, unpair then re-pair and that takes care of most issues.

Ok thank you. Will try that tonight.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
All right I'm annoyed. For the last couple weeks the battery on the watch has gone from "less than advertised" to "dead by lunch." Took it to the Apple store, guy at the Genius Bar verified there was a problem, we watched the battery % drop visibly. They sent it off for repair. Apple home base has the watch for *less than a day* before declaring "unable to reproduce" and sending it back untouched.
Between this and the utter shitshow iOS 13 is, I'm disgusted.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Has anyone else had an issue where reminders created on the watch via Siri aren't syncing to the phone and don't fire notifications on either watch or phone?

Because that started after the last watch OS update.

I swear, this whole 13 release has destroyed all of the features I use multiple times daily.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
It’s a bit bullshit that the fitness + HIIT workouts have that “oh we might not track you for this” crap. Heartbeat is onscreen, keeps updating, fitness app shows I did 30 min workout, gives an average heart rate... ring shows 10 min. Eat my entire rear end, apple.

Related, when an email or text comes in at the same time as closing a ring and it just gives you the “here’s a bland notification stack” instead of the ring animation.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

CaptainCrunch posted:

It’s a bit bullshit that the fitness + HIIT workouts have that “oh we might not track you for this” crap. Heartbeat is onscreen, keeps updating, fitness app shows I did 30 min workout, gives an average heart rate... ring shows 10 min. Eat my entire rear end, apple.

Ok a bit of a follow up on this. Ended up calling apple support and they bumped me up through a couple levels to an fitness + guy. Turns out it’s just bad choices on the design team. Each exercise type has its own “threshold” for what it considers worthy of adding to the green ring. It’s not, as I thought, merely “resting heart rate + X + movement.” Well, it is but X is different for every exercise. For HIIT it’s turns out to be MUCH HIGHER than for every other type. Which means for HIIT I’m only getting “credit” for the peaks of the HIIT intervals. So I apparently have to do an hour of HIIT to fill the green ring.

Sorry for the long rant. Just find this frustrating since I’m just getting started and it feels like an unobtainable (utterly arbitrary) goal.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Six hours? You must be jacked! :v:

I’m just trying to figure out how to do a no-equipment* cardio workout and fill the ring and get some variety from my usual walk around the neighborhood while dodging the maskless morons. Are the dance workouts as arbitrary as the HIIT?

*the cycling and other machine workouts are going to be awesome when WFH ends because I get free gym access at work.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I stopped getting notifications for messages (iMessage and Texts) via the watch in the last week or so. I think it coincides with the phone updating to 15.4.1. The watch didn't auto-update at the same time and I didn't really notice this until I missed some important messages from a co-worker due to the watch not getting the notification and the phone also being quiet.

I do get watch notifications from other apps, so it's JUST messages that stopped.

I have disabled/re-enabled notification forwarding, restarted both devices, updated the watch when I saw it had fallen behind and unpaired/re-paired the watch. Still no dice.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Jose Oquendo posted:

When you re-paired the watch, did you restore a back up? If so, wipe/repair but don’t restore a backup.

You also could try doing a hard restart on both devices. I had a weird thing last week where the watch haptics stopped working for literally everything. A hard reset did the trick.

I restored. I'll try the hard reset and then a re-pair.
However I think it's the phone. I turned off the watch for a bit and a slew of texts came in. No sound, didn't wake the screen, but showed up in the Notification Center. So it might be the phone.
Gonna do some deeper digging.

Thanks.