Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pats offense was rocking, Special teams were ridiculous.... Defense was... uh, present.

Hell of a game. Haven't had a game that clean against the Broncos since the Teebster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Butler with a night to forget. He was responsible for the entire Broncos offense.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Any word on that ref that got taken out?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

iospace posted:

Any word on that ref that got taken out?

Got carted off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Got carted off.

I meant beyond that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What about that guy that Brock beaned in the head? Is he OK? Is he dead? I need updates

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GobiasIndustries posted:

What about that guy that Brock beaned in the head? Is he OK? Is he dead? I need updates

Gonna have to be more specific

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

iospace posted:

I meant beyond that.

dead. very sad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Gonna have to be more specific

https://twitter.com/NoChiIlSports/status/929899000517595136

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Ref ejection of burfict was the weakest poo poo Ive seen all year but titans deserved the win after that stupid as heck touchback rule

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

His hat flies so far backwards I can't stop watching

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers are 9-22 in one score games since 2015

the broncos are 0-5 in utterly embarrassing rear end-kickings since 5 weeks ago

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The draft is gonna be awesome

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Master Stur posted:

Ref ejection of burfict was the weakest poo poo Ive seen all year but titans deserved the win after that stupid as heck touchback rule

Nah, good ejection and incoming suspension

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BitterAvatar posted:

His hat flies so far backwards I can't stop watching

I don't feel bad for the guy. You're on the sidelines at an NFL game, pay attention so you don't get beaned/run over by an NFL :killdozer:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

warcrimes posted:

Nah, good ejection and incoming suspension

Nah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm fine with him getting ejected, but I don't think that warrants a fine or a suspension.

Ok, maybe a minor fine but it really wasn't egregious like some of his past poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, today, in box-score hilarity:

SKULL.GIF posted:

3-13-GB 25(8:09) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham pushed ob at GB 2 for 23 yards (M.Evans). Chicago challenged the runner was out of bounds ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham to GB 2 for 23 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds in End Zone, Touchback.

Enshrine this play immediately in NFC North lore.

Oh, and Chicago challenged the play thinking it was a touchdown.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

I'm fine with him getting ejected, but I don't think that warrants a fine or a suspension.

Ok, maybe a minor fine but it really wasn't egregious like some of his past poo poo.

I think ejections are probably automatic fines like some penalties (you're auto-fined for roughing the quarterback and facemasks I think, probably other stuff). And it might automatically be a higher fine because Burfict is a repeat offender.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

I think ejections are probably automatic fines like some penalties (you're auto-fined for roughing the quarterback and facemasks I think, probably other stuff). And it might automatically be a higher fine because Burfict is a repeat offender.
There’s a specific $30k/$60k fine for touching an official, which I assume he’ll get. http://www.footballzebras.com/2017/09/09/nfl-schedule-of-fines-for-2017/

code:
 Rule		Violation			First Offense	Second Offense
12-3-1 (g)	Physical contact with official	$30,387		$60,775

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

30k is a "minor fine" for someone with his history.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The longer video makes it pretty clear that Burfict is still dirty as poo poo. Like, this is not wrestling; he's not a "heel" who acts like an out-of-control rear end in a top hat for your entertainment. That's really who he is, an actual out-of-control rear end in a top hat, a player with a long history of intentionally trying to hurt people outside of play, and by all accounts the vast majority of his dirty poo poo never gets flagged even with the refs watching him like a hawk. So yeah, maybe he shouldn't have been ejected from this game for his offense against the ref, but since instead he should have been ejected from the league for being a dirty player, he does not deserve to be defended when this stuff happens to him, and the Bengals deserve to get hosed by the penalties for keeping him on the roster.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Bills fans

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Bills fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHgI9cBnZk

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnusqx-VnTg

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kibner posted:

The Saints had a TD drive of 94 yards that consisted of 10 rush attempts, no passes. They rushed over 21 times in a row before attempting a pass at one point. It was that kind of game.

The tandem of Ingram and Kamara are extremely good

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kibner posted:

The Saints had a TD drive of 94 yards that consisted of 10 rush attempts, no passes. They rushed over 21 times in a row before attempting a pass at one point. It was that kind of game.
The Jaguars lone touchdown drive of the game was 84 yards of nothing but passes. What kind of twilight zone bullshit is this?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Coldforge posted:

Part (HUGE PART) of the reason Marquise Goodwin was so emotional during the game today was a complication is his wife's pregnancy that lead to the premature delivery and death of the child this morning :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbawTQNjXQg/

Is this Loss?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Master Stur posted:

Titans should have won by more than 2 scores. Credit to the Bengals for keeping it close. We had a dropped TD by Matthews that was wide open and that dumb touchback. The Bengals defense is legit and impressed me all day.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Also, today, in box-score hilarity:

Oh, and Chicago challenged the play thinking it was a touchdown.

Touchback rule is so dumb

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Touchback rule is so dumb
I really hope the competition committee takes a look at it this offseason.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What's wrong with the touchback rule? How do you propose you handle fumbling the ball out of bounds through your opponents end zone? Can't spot the ball in the end zone like you would normally do for a free fumble our of bounds. Spot of the fumble might make sense, but i personally think the rule as it stands is fine.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

What's wrong with the touchback rule? How do you propose you handle fumbling the ball out of bounds through your opponents end zone? Can't spot the ball in the end zone like you would normally do for a free fumble our of bounds. Spot of the fumble might make sense, but i personally think the rule as it stands is fine.

the team that fumbles the ball keeps the ball like every other position on the field

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

I tend to agree with them--it's the one instance in which an unrecovered fumble favors the defending team and it shouldn't. I like spot of the fumble as a rule, or placing the ball at the 1-yard line (or even 5=yard line).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont see why it shouldnt go back to where the play started from.

Sure in an extremely rare case itll bone the guy running 103 yards but thr vast majority of the time its sensible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Spot of the fumble might make sense, but i personally think the rule as it stands is fine.

Spot of the fumble and just redo the rule that every fumble that goes out of bounds in forward of where the ball was fumbled goes back to the spot of the fumble. Would be consistent.

But really we're talking about the wrong thing here, what we ought to be doing is laughing at John Fox. Man he was so angry after that like it was the refs fault for reviewing the play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Why is that so crazy. No one knows what the hell Garapolo is...

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I want everyone to know I was really upset when the Rams signed Robert Woods to a 40 million dollar contract this off-season, but I can say with confidence now that Robert Woods loving owns and I was wrong.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The touchback rule is different from other fumble rules because the end zone is a special place. A lot of rules change specifically when you're dealing with the end zone. I think it's a good rule and incentivizes people to hold onto the drat ball near the goal line plus gives the defense one last chance to save the day.

You can't put it on the 1 or 5 because teams with holy roller it from time to time to skirt the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think that's the exact reason the rule was put in place. Maybe change it to loss of down and putting it on the 10 yard line?

• Locked thread