Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Its Rinaldo posted:

gently caress Thursday Night Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The owners don't loving care though. They get their cash money from a third night of football airing unopposed to any other NFL games. As long as the ratings are there, they'll have TNF.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Diva Cupcake posted:

Players probably arent giving up that money either.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929004088720846848

I think they'd take a less chance of getting hurt than money if all the high profile complaints are to be believed. Dunno though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Diva Cupcake posted:

Star players making big money might be for it. The lower half of the roster making $465k isn't chopping off 30% of their salary for a slightly lesser chance of injury.

I, too, don't understand averages.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Its Rinaldo posted:

Top 5 Manning Face today

You can't say that and not post it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Any word on that ref that got taken out?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Got carted off.

I meant beyond that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm fine with him getting ejected, but I don't think that warrants a fine or a suspension.

Ok, maybe a minor fine but it really wasn't egregious like some of his past poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, today, in box-score hilarity:

SKULL.GIF posted:

3-13-GB 25(8:09) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham pushed ob at GB 2 for 23 yards (M.Evans). Chicago challenged the runner was out of bounds ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham to GB 2 for 23 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds in End Zone, Touchback.

Enshrine this play immediately in NFC North lore.

Oh, and Chicago challenged the play thinking it was a touchdown.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

30k is a "minor fine" for someone with his history.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Manoueverable posted:

It's because the rule wasn't an issue the last decade or so it's popped up both in college and the NFL, and now all of a sudden there's a huge furor over it. If you're gonna dive for the end zone, make sure you hold onto the goddamn ball first and foremost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SsIKgwvz4

Let's talk about kickoffs instead

Jon Bois is a national treasure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Don't forget the Tuck Rule.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The NFL should adopt the Rouge Point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Finger Prince posted:

It's a cleaner rule than in soccer where you get players rolling around pretending to be injured to waste time, and then the referee adding an arbitrary amount of time to the end of the game that's meant to approximate the amount of time spent rolling around with your hands on your face.

Soccer also doesn't have a hard time limit even beyond the extended time. It's "has the team who is down no longer have a chance to potentially score" more or less once time expires (otherwise in non-one goal games they'll usually blow it down).

• Locked thread