Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Wangsbig posted:

the invincible samurai hero appears to be equipped with a wall of wind that blocks any and all projectiles, the ADC role's preferred method of delivering damage

The windy wall is easily my least favorite part of playing against a Yasuo, I swear enemy Yasuos always perfectly position it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

d0grent posted:

reverse quinn where she's an anthropomorphic bird with clothes on and the bird has quinn's head

:kazooieass:

I had no idea that Quinn is good now! I'm going to have to bust her out and give it a try.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

we have had a few people in diamond 1 before, i think warchicken made it into challengers onetricking teemo in a very old season?

Isn't that impossible? He was always flagged for losses :downs:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spokes posted:

being that we're now on a dozen pages of poor, stale jokes about queer representation among league characters, i'm contractually obligated to remind everyone that yorick is gay (on account of he digs graves)

oh drat I just got this

Miss Fortune is absolute disgusting in lane with DH. Yeah.. you still have the ADC problem of getting your poo poo pushed in later but holy crap. Double Up combined with DH on pretty much any creep kill bounce is insanely strong in lane.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

el dingo posted:

In norms these days I just mash fill, expecting to be put in support but I swear 90% of my games now are ADC

It's because, as much as I love to play ADC, they all sorta suck now and are just miserable to play late game.

Pretty much every good champion can two shot you, divers are extremely powerful right now and AP champions can take turrets at almost the same speed as an ADC can until the ADC hits 3+ items in most cases.

It's the same reason you see lots of top ADC players playing AP bottom now instead, there's just not really a reason not to unfortunately. Especially with Dark Harvest being completely bonkers broken at the moment for certain champions.

Which makes me really want to try Ahri bottom or something..

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

adc as a role sucks because riot homogenizes their power curves such that lane bullies are not significantly removed from hypercarries. when you do that the role is either stiflingly powerful or weak, with no in between. to make adcs better they made the 2 item spike too strong historically, which resulted in hypercarries dominating all stages of the game.

riot does not know how to get them to leave bot lane without causing problems(see: kindred, vayne top, trist mid) and as long as they are stuck bot lane with no real diversity in picks adcs will always have the problem of being too samey. it is a hard problem to solve but right now they seem content to juggle numbers until they are mathematically balanced while still being necessary to the game

Yeah, that's a much better way to say what I meant. Though I feel like with the rise of very high burst damage much earlier in the game from other roles ADCs find themselves unable to actually perform the late game team fight role without a team dedicated to protecting them.

But, on the flip side it's made playing a lot of other champions feel extremely satisfying again!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Monathin posted:

i would ehonestly say lucian is currently the marksman with the most appreciable curve in that he bullies hard, has a solid midgame spike, and then falls off a cliff after 35 minutes exactly

Which, I suppose conveniently enough, is actually the length of most games these days!

I'm pretty sure Lucian is actually the highest winrate ADC as well? He's at the very least the most banned.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I honestly think a big part of his pro play viability, and just viability in general, is that he can fight early with his double attack passive and he has a pseudo escape in his dash + wave clear ultimate. Ez's the same way on the escape and ult.

Varus I don't really get, I guess it's his long range poke and pretty hefty hybrid damage with a snare ult? I guess it helps that he spikes pretty hard on rageblade as well

Edit: I think that the only time Lucian has been considered bad was when all the hyperscaling carries were absolutely bonkers, right? There was just no reason to pick him when the scalers were so much better and games were actually going long enough.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

A big slab of beef with a belt bra going bring it hth

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Anidav posted:

eh, I've been higher before.

Might be fun but probably won't.

The most fun I've ever had in ranked was stomping the hell out of games when I had a super rough set of placement games last year and ended up in bronze 4, and I'm definitely only a silver player.

It's definitely doable

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I used to jungle a lot in season 2 and 3, but lately every time I've been filled into jungle I've gotten my poo poo absolutely wrecked by the jungle camps.

How do you jungle and maintain a decent life total? Is it something to do with when you use smite?

I presume with Elise you still kite the monster into punching your spiderlings, but what route do you take generally? Also would vi follow a similar route?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm really excited to see if Neeko and this new dude get some pro play going when LCS starts again.

I feel like there's a lot of potential for some pretty sweet plays.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Transient People posted:

They did say they kept the separate algorithms, there's just only one public rank

Doesn't that just make everything more needlessly confusing?

Also sorta sucks as I hadn't finished my placements as other roles, and boy howdy am I bad at anything but ADC or support so I guess I won't be playing anything else till I hit my season goal now.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I really wish I wasn't absolutely terrible at Akali. She's really fun, but considering her repeated nerfs throughout the entirety of last year she feels impossible to do well with. Maybe if I force myself to keep playing her it'll get better?

I actually haven't checked her winrate now that I think about it. Does she have a more winning record on the people maining her? Or did all those nerfs take their toll and she's just been dumpstered till next time they decide to cycle her in.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah, that's what I was seeing too.

It's weird though as I got the chance to look for myself at champion.gg it seems like people who've got 50+ games on her in Platinum+ are around 55%?

That seems unbelievably high, even if she does seem like the kind of champion that benefits from a lot of experience I guess.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Smol posted:

I mean, this is true for pretty much any champion.

I guess that's what I don't get. Seems kinda wild that after 50+ games she's maintaining a 10% winrate jump, and that that could be true for most champions. Even including silver games she's still at like 54% at the 50+ game rate.

The numbers just seem kinda crazy, but I guess that means that if I actually learn to play her and stick it out there's maybe hope of not being completely awful

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I thought the whole idea was that you play a bunch to get prestige points by completing missions?

Edit: I just can't read, nice

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 13, 2019

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Firebert posted:

I'm much more interested at the stream announcements on the .01% chance that they actually show their fighting game :pray:

This is definitely the dream for me, but I'm presuming that since they were looking to hire the skull girls guy as a combat designer they're not there yet.

I'd honestly take a CG trailer to see if it even looks like something I'd be interested in!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So, do the event passes actually give prestige points for doing things?

The only listed things on the Worlds event pass is the 25 points for completing all the missions and 100 points if you collect 2200 orbs which seems like it would take forever. Maybe that's the point?

I was kind of thinking about grabbing it, as I'd like to get the MF prestige skin because I'm a sucker you see and the wording seems to be that you'd need 100 points to get her.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

kung fu jive posted:

I will focus on this. I like taking one specific mechanic and paying extra attention to honing it.

I ran the numbers today and assuming the absolute worst case scenario where I lose every game, including the world pass win bonus of 18 tokens, I have to play 10 games per day to get 2200 tokens for the prestige points. If anyone needs me I'll be on the Howling Abyss.

If you're really hard up for the grind you can basically afk in tft. At fifteen minutes you'll get 4 tokens for surrendering and, if you're in a good position, you can hang on the 5 extra minutes to get to top 4, instantly surrender and get 8 instead.

It's extremely mind numbing but it works. I mainly just did that when watching world's games but you can generate a whole lot of tokens that way with almost no effort.

I actually just got the Miss Fortune prestige skin this weekend and it wasn't too bad. I started on the first day though so I was able to take it pretty easy!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

On a not thread title note man Qiyana is fun. I'm poo poo awful with her, and in general, but I have a blast being bad and mobi-booting around the map to gank lanes.

I swear that with every assassin I play I always end up with way more assists than kills though. Maybe someday it'll click.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Well the sound booth and the script were both taxxed to contain her so they could only get one take

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Polderjoch posted:

This is the state of my account too, except it wasn't for flaming but instead trying to faceplant against a fed 11/2 swain as a 0/10 taliyah multiple times when drunk

It's gotta be for something else. I've definitely fed my rear end off a few times trying new champions or trying to learn to play akali after a few drinks and I've never even gotten a warning.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Polderjoch posted:

It wasn't, the link in the feedback linked to that match and after I took it up to support they basically just told me to not be an inting rear end in a top hat at first and then to not play drunk.

Huh, I didn't think feeding was reportable unless you were doing it obviously on purpose or something. That's pretty surprising, maybe the support person was just having a bad day

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man, I was having a really good game as orianna last night where we started the game in a terrible position, but by mid game we'd turned it around and had a sizable lead...

And of course my internet went out and is still down 15 hours later.

At least it's the only leave I've gotten in like.. probably 4 years at least? Hopefully I won't get punished too much for it.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Impossible, there's not even the mention of slabs of beef, let alone belt bras

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Imo best way to CS is to hit the monions when they have just enough hp that one hit will kill them. Do this repeatedly

:hmmyes: it's crazy, but it just might work imo

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

One thing I do find legit helpful is to alternate last hitting strategies every wave, or even mid wave.

For example, practice shoving the wave without losing a last hit for the first wave, then the second wave last hit as slowly as you possibly can. It always helped me get in the right mindset to adjust what I'm doing based on my opponents position or what I need to do.

If you can do both of those without dropping a cs you'll probably be well positioned in game.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

CODChimera posted:

The best alternate mode was that one with the minigames, i really wish they'd bring that back

Nexus Blitz right? That mode was so good, they should really bring it back

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Miftan posted:

Does anyone feel like games since the season started have been way more snowbally? It generally feels like I know with 95% accuracy who will win by 10-15 minutes unless they run into the other team one at a time (and even not then sometimes).

I kind of feel that way, but I had two ranked games last weekend where the wheels came off almost entirely in the early game, and through people actually listening to calls and aggressive rotation we managed to dance circles around them for objectives.

Of course that was followed by a game where we were at one point up 20 kills and lost the game still up 12 so league is a land of contrasts

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gin posted:

Good for him! Personally I think his stream is unwatchable - I can't stand that random screaming and blowing out the mic. I get enough of that with my kid and I just want to watch a chill streamer. But T1 seems like he has a good sense of humour about himself and obviously is a good player too.

I hate pretty much everything about his screaming persona but I definitely respect his hustle.

The dude got himself banned from the game he streamed, and then kept it going with like cooking streams and stuff complete with commercials he made himself. He clearly puts in the work

But the yelling is awful

In a league related note I feel like jungling is the hardest role for me to try and actually practice. Mainly cause man people complain if you're not ganking enough, or ganking the wrong place, or any number of cardinal sins. Thank god you can just auto mute your team now

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'll probably give it a try, but the game I'm really waiting for is the fighting game.

It's probably a ways out, but I really hope to hear more info later this year

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mindblast posted:

Hello I tried some katarina and evelynn play and I actually liked them despite always being adverse to their playstyle at first or something. Is this a rabbit hole into Planet Assasin/duelist or what because ever since that moment akali, kayne, fiona etc started to look like cool playstyles.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid it's terminal. Your a dashy assassin player now

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Both taxed to contain her etc

I do kinda miss the weird newspaper thing though. It was so dumb but still kinda fun. I've always liked things like that

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Played a clash with a friend and a couple randos from the league discord. The games themselves didn't go great, but the person playing top had an absolutely enormous meltdown that resulted in them spamming the nword and a variety of other racial slurs the likes of which I've not heard since like xbox live circa 2005 using text to speech in discord.

Then found my friend's twitch channel, raided it spamming racial slurs there then clipped it for posterity I guess?

I don't think I've seen someone meltdown that hard in years and years. I guess I found the literal avatar of all the toxic chat that was filtered out of league itself?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

How Rude posted:

Was the person playing top a goon here or was it a random opponent in a game

Oh no they weren't a goon or anything. They were just some rando looking for a clash team for the event.

Their summoner name is: LEHRzz. So I guess if you see them avoid them because wow, they melted down so hard it's like it was May already.

What was wild is they continued to do so for like 30 minutes at least, I don't think I've ever even cared about a game of league 5 minutes later regardless of how it went.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Also is ranged carry just way less popular now? I keep picking fill and it just gives me that, and it's the one role I don't want...

What other people said, but they've also added about a million champions that are extremely, extremely good at diving into the adc and deleting them before they can do anything about it. And then reworked other champions to give them ways to do it as well.

Which has understandably made the role way less popular!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Creeps take a % of their HP in tower damage? :aaaaa:

I somehow never knew this!

Though I guess it would've made sense since towers always kill undamaged creeps in the same amount of shots afaik.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

It seems like a really hard problem to solve for both pro play and solo queue honestly. Empowering ADCs and supports to be able to survive being jumped on rather than immediately dying would really help solo queue out, but would be fairly catastrophic for pro play I'd imagine since adcs already do well there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t know what they did, I guess they nerfed the poo poo out of ADC items? But ADCs have such little impact on the game right now.

ADCs still do a lot of sustained damage in the late game so I don't think it's that.

I think part of the problem is that games just don't go as long now, and even when they do assassins and junglers and even some top lanes have progressively gotten better and better tools for early to mid game damage and as a result the game is often mostly over before an adc can realistically affect it. And even if it does get to that point, champions have so much mobility that it's not really hard for them to still take out the adc early.

In general it feels like adc should probably be based around surviving a fight and taking objectives rather than winning the fight itself these days. That's always been kinda true I guess, but in some previous seasons it felt like the adc could really to the c portion later on.

At least, in my games lately it's mostly been about surviving/avoiding the burst then kiting backwards till someone saves me. After which I can finally deal damage to objectives and help the team out. But I'm also bad so..

I think that's why lethality varus and such is a pretty popular pick, he does a ton of his damage up front and from a long range, then can still take objectives after?