Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
BRB gonna learn Draven just for that 20 dollar skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

el dingo posted:

Yeah I wasn't talking bout lux in particular. Hats nice and all but honestly manaflow is practically mandatory for laning phase unless you want to flop about auto attacking

I have spent so much time flopping around d auto attacking staring at a light blue button that is my R. I should run mana to see it again.

Or I should play Aery Garen...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Luceid posted:

Coming back to this game after like 5 years of absence feels pretty darn hard. perhaps i am too old and retarded now

First 10 games you are going to feel like your hands are broken. The fingers forgot what order to click buttons. I would highly recommend checking out the new practice mode in custom games for like 10 minutes or so.

You are not the only one. Everyone you play against is just as bad as you. Don't worry.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

kingcobweb posted:

The current runes are really unkind to Nunu (and Ivern). He definitely needs a rework, even though I adore playing him when he's decent. He's just so different than a traditional jungler.

They've tried a few times to rework different parts of him as a stopgap until he gets a full overhaul: his Q used to just be a smite + heal, then they gave it different buffs based on what he eats with it, then they replaced that with a max HP + movespeed stacking mechanic, then they changed his passive so it also casts the spell one level above in addition to making it free.

All of that is playing in the margins and ignores the fact that his kit is six years out of date.

Lane Nunu with Comet is hilarious, albiet less than ideal

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vermain posted:

I'd say the biggest issues of the patch are:
  • Tanks are dramatically overtuned. Losing 12 flat MR made tanks obnoxiously powerful in a way it seems wasn't anticipated. When I'm watching a Leona walk up and solo kill a midlane Xerath who's a level ahead, I know something's amiss.
  • Fighters can't take any good keystones without also buying into bad base stats. It's a lose/lose situation for them.
  • Lethality is back to being broken as hell, especially on ADCs like Varus and MF.
  • Certain champions - mostly Xerath, Lux, Jhin, Miss Fortune, Varus, and one or two others - are able to put out an unbearable amount of poke in lane thanks to Comet. Playing into support MF + Jhin is one of the most hellish lane experiences in the world if they're competent.
  • Ezreal is unbelievably busted in a way that I haven't seen since the halcyon days of old Kassadin, and he's swiftly approaching permaban numbers (close to 90%, last I checked).
  • Games snowball fast and hard. This is a consequence of everyone getting a lot more "free" damage from certain runes (like Electrocute and Comet) than they otherwise would've, and there being more conditional damage modifiers (Coup, Sudden Impact, etc.) that further increase the damage of someone who's already ahead, as well as the above-stated issues with the loss of flat MR and the return of Lethality.

I started this game with nid mid poke meta. I'm... Happy in a way. Chunking somebody with an MF doubleup feels like coming home. Eating a veigar R reminds me I had abusive parents.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Verviticus posted:

i love this patch, i like the snowballing, leona should be able to solo whoever she drat well wants. nerf ezreal i guess

Strong independent support, don't need no adc, just a bottle of corruption.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sexpansion posted:

I've played about three or four games with a Trynd in them since the big pre-season patch and I have literally never seen it be successful.

Jaysea on YouTube has a pretty good handle on Trynd. He has a pretty good video going over the possible runes from the start of the season then put out a video last week saying "the champ is hosed for runes, fleet foot is the least trash"

Edit: I've done it, it doesn't feel too bad. It's like starting the game out with a phage.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The subredits are... Okay. Better than mobafire at least. You just gotta check the post date of any build on there, anything older that 3 months is usually outdated.

Edit: since you are starting out. Itll be aight. The fact you are reading anything at all puts you above most folks at your level.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vermain posted:

counterspell ain't poo poo next to tear sona

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

pog boyfriend posted:

you can make that argument but blind pick can instill some nasty habits which can be hard to break for all of the same reasons you praise blind pick. if a newer player is okay with learning the same game twice, that is not too bad, but champ select communication is an important facet of this game which every experienced player can attest that nobody knows how to do

To this day I speed type "top" and instalock Trynd in ranked.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

How Rude posted:

is this supposed to make me laugh :nallears:

Yes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Transient People posted:

"IS IT THE SHOES?!" when you get a kill less than two minutes after buying boots :five:

"HE'S ON FIRE!!!" after purchacing Bamis Cinder.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My favorite allchat responce is to just type "videogames". Gotta keep the perspective at all times.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

d0grent posted:

Take that rune that converts cdr into ad and then build 5 black cleavers

Im now down to be a Pyke main.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I wanna math out the AD gained by Black Cleaver compared to Warmogs. I'm also curious if Bonus Health is still used to calculate Titanic Hydra or if that is a dead item.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

His passive is 14 HP > 1 AD, so a ruby crystal is almost the same as a longsword on him, which is about 40g or so more expensive AD-wise then just buying the longsword, but opens some build paths or beefs the damage on black cleaver type items.

Black cleaver comes close to 70 AD on him I think?

68.something. Along with the armor shred and 20% cdr.

Real standout is Frozen Mallet. With 700 hp and 30ad you get a flat 80AD with your autos acting as a slow, helping set up his wierd ghost stun. Edit: the only other items that hit 80Ad is Deaths Dance, Ravanous Hydra, and BT, two of them costing 3500 and BT costing 3700. Frozen Mallet costs 3100.

Warmogs is entirely dependant on if he gets 3000hp by level 18 or if the bonus health converted still counts toward the thing. But for reference it coverts to 57AD with some cdr and 200% base regen.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 16, 2018

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
"WELCOME TO SCUTTLER'S RIFT"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Erdricks posted:

Any good educational streamers?

SoloRenektonOnly for top lane in general and Jay Sea for Tryndamere. Jay Sea is doing a bronze to challenger series right now, so you get to see him on champs he is less than optimal on. Wave management is key in the northern lane that I dont see focused on from other youtubers/streamers and these two pound those lessons out on the regular. SoloRenek is really good at explaining skill rotations on each champ.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Shortest Path posted:

Turning SR into a 2-lane map with multiple junglers per team would actually be fun and good.

That would be super twisted tho. I wonder how a laner could play around the treeline.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Year of our lord 2018 in season 8 we no longer have to upload screenshots on imgur that will be ignored.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imma need to see of StormRazor is good for Trynd. I will mourn the old ER.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TVsVeryOwn posted:

League of Legends Season 8: "pool of equally unskilled players"

This is the zen koan that keeps me playing the game. By performance, happenstance, and time I am facing people exactly as bad as I am. Unlike pickup games of basketball at the gym, there is a large enough pool of players that a full game of 10 chuds equally as bad as each other will be assembled within 3 minutes every time you want to play.

All you can do is play better than the last time you played this videogame.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Man, I wish I had the time to pump out 1000 games a season. I dont even know if I can really make it to 100 by November.

I topped out at Silver as my highest rank over the years. Treat this game like going to the Y for a pickup game of basketball.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Enigma89 posted:

I am going to start a fresh account and just grind fresh I think. The entire time I have been gold I have not been able to gain and lose an equal amount of LP per game. I have basically have had my feet shackled and expected to climb. It sucks losing a ton of lp and barely gaining any.

After reading the comments here. It seems like if I didn't have 1k games in silver then the game wouldn't be trying to push me back to silver. How many games would I need to win to give the game confidence in my gold ranking?

It's that or I am totally misunderstanding the situation.

My dude, the only comments that point to that conclusion are your own posts and posts that happen to quote your text. I dont understand this ability to reshape reality.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Arcturas posted:

Yeah, I have played a bunch of both Jinx and old Ashe and honestly would only ever R from downtown to steal kills (actually to miss by half a screen and lol while telling my team I tried to help). New ashe is confusing because I have to learn new things and my champion knowledge is stuck in season 3 so gently caress new people like Lucian.

BROTHER!!!!!

I play tryndamere for this exact reason. May he never change.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I missed the stream because thing I had to attend.

People are saying your builds are terribad. I understand you come from DOTA where builds are provided in client. I would suggest getting lolwiz or overwolf overlay or one of the multiple malware bitcoin mining programs that scrapes information from OP.GG and puts it on your screem. Alternatively, just grab a build from op.gg on your browser while the game is loading and just do whatever that says for the mastery and first two items.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mega Comrade posted:

If I stopped playing every game made by an arsehole developer I'd just give up and stop playing games completely.

I mean, I should stop playing videogames. It would ultimately make me a better humam being. Wish I could.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vermain posted:

I think SMITE's alright, but the third person perspective threw me off a little too much. I think I'm also at the point in my life where it'd take a hell of a lot to convince me to pick up and learn an entirely new MOBA.

Same, the sunk cost feeling is real. Itd be like playing basketball in highschool and going to play baseball intermurals cuz it's a sport too. Jordan can do it. I cannot.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

JerryLee posted:

maybe the new ryze ult was an attempt to subtly suggest to brandon beck that he should 'realm warp' out of the company, along with up to 4 of his most toxic buddies

The culture at Riot games is like Tryndamere. It just doesnt die no mater how much damage is done to it and the one tricks will spin just spin away to split push way too much of the team gold.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I’m retired. Just think of me as a friendly player like Elentor. :)

Same, but I never showed up to work so it was more like a layoff.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I remember wasting a lot of time searching lolcounters on my games. Vague and frequently outdated.

Lets say you have 2 minutes of load time between identifying your matchup and playing the videogame. Copy and pasting your team on op.gg is a good use of that time in the lobby. In the load screen you can see your opponents. Vital information to process is to see who is playing in their off role.

Most useful thing I ever look up is the lolwiki to see what the enemy laner's ability cool downs are for early laning.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
70% of my allchat is just typing the word "Videogames" in responce to positive or negative feedback.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Servaetes posted:

Still waiting for my 80s hair metal band skin line with Rengar and Taric and I haven't figured out who else would be in that group

Boy howdy though a third Korea themed Ahri skin!!!

Headbanger Mundo, Frontman Tryndamere, 2008 Mordenkaiser...?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Darkness Vlad, Neal Peart Rumble, Prince Lucian...?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Is there a universe where you would A: start playing Orianna and B: would want to flex with a skin2win but cannot stomach the cost?

If no, then dont lock in a grind where you play with somewhere between 5 and 9 AI robots for around 10-20 hours. It will instill bad play habits.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Im happy that stacking BC is suboptimal but still a thing. I miss Essense Reaver Tryndamere. It was cool going from 0 cdr to like 30 cdr in one buy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It was before my time but wasn't there a point where picking Garen and then just building nothing but cleavers was hilariously overpowered?

It had everything he needed. Health, AD, CDR. It was a time before cdr was a unique passive, there were a couple builds that would stack feindish codexes or brutalizers (1337 gold nvr4get)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dancer posted:

Another stupid af old-school thing: bankplank. By sheer happenstance, GP was my first ever main. I still remember this incredibly stupid game before I was level 30, where I sat on boots + double philo + triple hog and just farmed top lane until I had 10K gold saved.

I remember a time where I installed LoL and played nidalee for the first 30 levels or so.

I have foggy memories of that era, but I do remember her transform triggering tear and doing the analysis on weather archeangels or manamune was better. Yes, that combined with Iceborne Gauntlet was why I played nid mid and top.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

when alistar is about to die press R and he will yell out and then get a few seconds of invulnerability and a small heal after before he spins away and split pushes

Legit what goes through my brain when I get Ali ARAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

rabidsquid posted:

how many towers are you seeing falling in under five minutes

I only watch LCS Vods from 2016.... So....