Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

foutre posted:

Fun fact for season 8: according to Meddler, Sona and... Yorick ?? are the top performing champs on the patch. Finally Yorick's time to shine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh cool, more impossibly rad skins to never play Kog'maw with.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If it works on super creeps then it could have a use in some kind of hell siege scenario but the game is so snowbally and lethal right now that sieges are basically an impossibility.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Zoe looks like a completely OP champ in the hands of somebody who understands the kit.

They've already said she's probably due some kind of nerf ("in a month or two") but I hope they don't have to take her apart because I went 1/12/X in my first game with her and it was still the most fun I've ever had champion wise. The kit is just fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Q absolutely needs to come down because you can literally, unlike most times when League players use the term, one shot most non-tanks at three items if they have no tank built. I could see the ult cooldown going up and the sleep duration coming down as well. As they stand your ability to set up an incontestable, risk free removal of someone from a fight is way too good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So for our Zoe design goals we wanted to introduce another Azir style nightmare to the balance team, and I think we've really succeeded. This week we'll be talking about rune changes...

Orv
May 4, 2011
Laff

Orv
May 4, 2011
And all was right with the world.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Old Galio Q SFX was objectively one of the best sounds in the game and here we are with some vague wooshing sound. Ruined.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I want to know how this happened.

Justice prevailed.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Ok so who should I gently caress with in the jungle right now? Vi, Shy, Jarvan, or Xin?
Also what Vi skin? Is warring kingdoms finally out?

(The new) Warring Kingdoms skins won't be back until like, mid-January? So Debonair.

Though really just abuse Shyv while she's out of control.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Vi got a PROJECT skin in the latest set and it is good

Yeah I know, I'm kinda not a fan of it honestly. She's in a dark grey metal suit and her fists glow orange and that's kinda it, other than the obligatory VFX recolor and back animation. Warring Kingdoms still takes my top spot for her.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Well yeah, but I can't just buy that one :smith:

Yeah I know, I wasn't playing at the time either so I've got to wait until January too.

How Rude posted:

Mordekaiser Yasuo Shaco.

I guess when you pick a bunch of worthless turd champions you hard feed.

Hey man, Shaco is just... he's beautiful you know, a beautiful dream wrapped in poo poo and darkness.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That happened to my friend yesterday as Jayce, he did his hammer leap while getting ganked and he went home, then slowly floated back down, dead.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know it was released in 2009 and started production in like 07, but it never fails to amaze me just how insanely poo poo old League looked whenever I see videos.

Orv
May 4, 2011
She's absolutely getting nerfed. Whether it's into oblivion or merely into okay-ness I guess we'll find out.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's sufficiently retarded/cliche to be real League lore.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The things that died to allow someones wank material catbird people to live are unforgivable.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

Xayah and Rakan: two really great aesthetic designs utterly ruined by Anthony Burch's writing.

I dunno about the first part of that either, honestly. Have you looked at their retarded catbird legs? Or like, anything that isn't their rad robe cape things, really.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

They have good, distinguishable silhouettes with good color schemes that express their respective personalities (Xayah's a little sullen and withdrawn; Rakan is outgoing and personable), and their chimeric features blend well together. Everything else about them sucks rear end.

I guess from a design purpose perspective, sure.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:psyduck:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone somewhere is beating off furiously to how artistic that music video is. I'm glad one of my ears is hosed up right now and I couldn't hear the music well, I'm sure it's equally awesome.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

You don't know what's under his pube pants

Like, thirty goddamn dicks.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RC Cola posted:

This duel bot adc meta sucks

Kinda most of this patch sucks the more I play of it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah.

Like, not the essential changes, just the balances that they're causing right now. Every match snowballing after like four kills (maybe hyperbole) isn't fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

*play tanks voice*

Play Tanks

I unfortunately cannot force my entire team to play tanks.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

and now you see why other people don't want to play tanks, mister "well why should i play one they won't either"

No I mean I'll happily play tanks. I've been playing Mundo mid against Zoe because for reasons I can't understand it works really well. I just can't stop bottom from feeding the Vayne because Vayne is back baby and there's too many people that need bans at my level.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Teemo was insanely op.

He's pretty strong right now too. Not back to the days of oh you stepped on a mushroom as anyone other than a tank, goodbye, but still an rear end in a top hat.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ohhhh. I can neither confirm nor deny that I was that Teemo a couple times.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not sure whether to comment that you can't do a "Look at us, the scrappy little guys!" promo at League's level of status, or to just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

toplane has a ton of viable stuff but abloo bloo bloo fighters arent viable oh no. we just got done playing a season where itemization meant that non crit based adcs werent even playable. but none of them are riven so you know nows the time to panic

But really, gently caress Riven.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know what I'm playing tonight, said I, the walking garbage can of an idiot rear end in a top hat.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Why play this game when you can play that moba where you're batman/jokee?

Because that MOBA is dead as gently caress.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

That game didn't even last 6 months before shutting down.

I mean technically it was around for two or three years in testing, but yeah, dead pretty much immediately.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

idk what games you guys are talking about but I was referring to kings of glory/arena of valor whose ads keep popping up when I watch youtube vids on my phone

Uh, we should talk about what you think Batman is.

Orv
May 4, 2011
How the gently caress do you not own Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, the best skin in the game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mazel tov.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verviticus posted:

the game is more fun when yasuo is good

You cray

Orv
May 4, 2011
Friends don't let friends play Aatrox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't even remember playing Gnar...

Killed and died to Vayne the most though. I have achieved balance.