Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm back after not playing for like a year and it's pretty fun??? But I'm still mostly playing ARAMs because SR is really anxiety inducing without friends.

Aery is very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Methanar posted:

The only silence left is soraka

And Garen, but he should be allowed to keep it because there is *~*~*counterplay*~*~*

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Built in voice chat is coming but will only be available to parties, which is pretty much the best way they could have handled it IMO.

Other party stuff too but it's just QOL stuff.

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/dev-upcoming-party-changes/

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm pretty sure laning against this would make me quit the loving game.

Somebody please do this duo with me.

Someone please give me the explicit rune/item/skill build for this because it is extremely my poo poo and I have no time to watch super long YouTube videos.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Can’t wait to see all the people complaining about Support being brainless to get placed Bronze in the position. That’s what you get for mocking my Very Real Diamond Janna Abilities. You fucks

Also they want to make a sub-Bronze tier but they’re not gonna call it Wood :argh:

I think they're adding a VI and VII to each metal tier and then removing one of them from five down to four (Probably Platinum?)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

No no no, you read it wrong. It’ll be like
[Wood] 4-1
Bronze 4-1
Silver 4-1
Gold 4-1
Plat 4-1
[Some Shiny Thing] 4-1
Diamond 4-1
Master
Challenger

Oh, my bad. That makes more sense.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My dreams of running a full Edgelord team have finally been realized with Aatrox/Kayn/Veigar/Jhin/Pyke

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
hell yes

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Amazing how this poo poo doesn't happen with Valve

Ahahahaha

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Vermain posted:

I'm guessing they chose iron based off of its ornamental value over its actual structural properties. You might see people even today wearing bronze necklaces or earrings or something, but what kind of weirdo would wear iron to look good?

I'm guessing they chose Iron because it's still Masculine and Strong and wouldn't make bads feel even more terrible than they would if they were stuck in Paper or Wood or Tin or Talc League.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I hope next Riot teams up with the Saudis for an epic tournament.

They’ve even already taken care of the whole “no women” think that was such a problem for the WWE!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
If the last time I seriously played this game was the release of Kled, do I have a chance in hell of picking it back up or am I starting from ground zero?

The one time I tried to come back in the middle of that time period I got auto filled into jungle and got screamed at until everyone rage quit after I died to the new jungle creatures I hadn’t seen before.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Miss Fortune spills into the Great Hallway with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse - both taxed to contain her.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’m probably going to get roasted for this but ARAM is the last fun mode left in this game.

I played an enormous amount of League from roughly 2009 - 2016.

Team builder was the last time the game was fun. Every time I’ve tried to come back from a hiatus I get auto filled into jungle, which has massively changed from the last time I played, and then get screamed at all game if people don’t outright afk at fountain.

Everyone in aram seems to be pretty chill and even when the game is lost at champ select no one is screaming racial slurs and everyone just does their best and laughs about it.

Summoner’s Rift I’m sure is fine if you never quit playing the game but if you ever took a break from it at any point between patch cycles
there’s basically no way to catch up and it’s extremely unfun to play when you immediately get autofilled into something as punishment for not playing in a while with people who are extremely mad you’re not playing perfectly.

I agree with Pog though that people with carefully crafted aram only accounts should be executed.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I voted Mundo in the hopes they finally make Executioner Mundo into Gimpsuit Mundo like god intended

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Is there a tutorial and basic strategy for this somewhere? None of this makes sense to me and googling “how to play tft” just gives me a bunch of articles that assumes I’ve played a bunch of Dota’s version.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My TFT experience was a 25 minute queue, not getting any duplicates to be able to get anyone to level 2, and dying to Krugs.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I just played against a guy who got two Spears of Shojin on Lulu and let me tell you it's very hard to win when your characters are knocked up for 100% of the match.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My cynical gut reaction is that this is a very intentional choice aimed at high level streamers.

In a bunch of other games (Diablo, PoE, a bunch of others I’m not immediately thinking of) people reach the top of the leaderboards by having an army of fans/friends do a bunch of grunt work for them while they cash in in the views and subs they get from being world first or top of the leaderboard.

I expect it’ll last a week, we’ll see a big surge in streamers doing “Journey to Grandmaster!!”, and once they get the exposure they wanted they’ll go “Whoops, our bad!” and change the rule.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Lol, apparently this patch is a complete disaster.

https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-reports-eu/EJajgEMk-patch-914-bug-thread

They're gonna have to revert it because I don't think they can hotfix all of this unless it's all being caused by one specific change.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I made our office switch to Calibri for all our official reports and never looked back

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So what's the play for when every single minion wave gives you gold and you go up against a team of multiple 2/3 stars each of which has an item?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

F

No seriously you use the gold to press F and level. Getting gold from early minion waves owns because you can buy out the entire opening shops AND keep your opening two cost unit AND put out four units for the first PVP fight

It was a real question and this is helpful; thank you!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The only TRULY unforgivable rework is Skarner.

Old Skarner was the most fun I've ever had in League and his new iterations make me so sad.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Haven't seen too much chat about the new patch -- from what I'm seeing though the strategy is just rush Rengar and just 2/3 star whatever else comes your way?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

with that in mind, the best strategy i have so far is to do fast 6 into econ, which means you quickly level up to 6(RUSH through 4 and 5, and save up money until you can spend it all on 6... if you spend all your money you miss out on valuable income gold which will make you get it slower) and then start stockpiling money.

Dumb question -- how do you do both of these at the same time? Doesn't rushing six mean spending your gold on leveling which means no income? And conversely doesn't saving gold pre 6 mean you're behind on leveling?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Wow what a great time to re-link my video

https://youtu.be/fLLjxssSvxE

This video rules thank you

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I will always unironically use King Rammus every chance I get but the absolute worst/best skin in the game that I will never stop using is Vancouver Amumu.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Verviticus posted:

garen the strongest top laner in the game now great work you loving morons

So if Garen is my favorite champ is now the time to plot my big return to Summoner's Rift after like two years of only ARAM?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, only played through the tutorial tonight before I got sucked into Disco Elysium but Legends of Runeterra looks like it has real promise

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Reality Sinner posted:

How are you guys playing the card game already?

afaik Every riot employee has access, they were each allowed to give access to up to three friends/family members, and I'm sure they handpicked a bunch of streamers/influencers too.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I've been playing a handful of ARAMs recently and think I want to make the jump back into Summoner's Rift. It's been a year since I played one game of SR, and that last time I played I queued top/mid and was instantly autofilled into jungle and murdered by the first camp I ran into because the jungle was completely different and our ADC yelled racial slurs at me. Most of my heavy League playtime was Season 3 - Season 6 in teambuilder, which was the best mode and I don't know why it's gone.

Who are a handful of safe champs that are decent right now Top/Jungle/Mid that I can use to ease back into the game without worrying about them being banned? Garen was always my go-to but it looks like he's constantly pick/banned right now for some reason? Also is there any "you absolutely need to know this has changed to be able to play at all" things that have changed in the last couple seasons I would have missed?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'll take it

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kung fu jive posted:

I got another second place with a stack of predators and glacial, going for stun chance and then executing dudes. I lost to someone who got a three star Veigar that blew up all my dudes. TFT is interesting. I have been going all in on whatever my original dudes are, so I'm getting 3 star 1,2,3 gold champions. Is it ever worth it to transition to 3,4 gold champions or 5g? When it was me and first place guy I tried dumping all my gold to get a two star Ashe and got it on the round I lost.

Predator/Glacial is really strong, and if you can manage to finish berserker/poison on top of that it's completely broken. I love it.

(Not pictured: Singed came off the carousel with a Warden's Mail so I also had Warden 2)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Ulio posted:

Oh gently caress that might be it. As a season 4 Diana player, I ditched her after Ekko came and then Sylas who are basically better versions of her imo + similar builds. I hope they make the e range a lot bigger if they make that an ult or else it will be very underwhelming.

Diana is actually good in lane vs a lot of the s8-s9 mids but her pre 6 is old Kassadin levels of bad but if she gets the dash on e that would make a lot of the matchups free lanes for her as she doesn't really rely on her pullback/cc to win most lanes anyway. She just has decent dps and tankiness vs most mids. No idea if it will make it through live but I will start playing her just to get used to her again. I got the infernal skin on hextech a while back and always waited for some kind of buff.

Back in Season 3-4 it was always incredibly fun to play Diana into one-trick Katarina players because you could usually make them ragequit by midgame.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Its really fun and relaxing when you have all chat and pings muted

I think I just need to immediately do that as soon as the game launches and not give people chances.

I tried to play Summoner's Rift for the first time in a year or two last night, got matched with/against a bunch of gold and platinums, and got screamed at non-stop from like minute three to when I stopped playing.

How the hell do you actually learn this game again? Months of ARAMs and TFT it turn out have no impact on playing the actual game.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Who’s a relatively safe character in each role to relearn the game/meta with at the moment?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What app/site is that that gives you those stats?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The best original lore is that Fiddlesticks was a motionless scarecrow locked in a room alone for 20 years after Istvaan hosed up a summoning ritual and he just killed every League official who went in to try to deal with him so they left him alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I miss The League