Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Having thematic similarities between different character abilities also makes it less intimidating to jump to a new champion. Like I've not played Nasus before but having spent time in the last week playing Yorick I'm much more likely to try him out next time he's on rotation because of the similar Q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I just watched a Zoe one shot an adc

I got one-shot by a Zoe yesterday. It seems to just be what she does in the late game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Monathin posted:

I think the current 'must-bans' in botlane right now are Vayne and/or MF. Vayne unless you dumpster her -and- win the game in sub-30 minutes will manage to come online with Press The Attack + Shiv + IE. MF is really disgusting right now because she's a lethality-stacking AD and with a lot of resists gone all across the board she basically does true damage + a double up crit is a guaranteed back.

I actually don't think twitch and tristana are must-bans anymore now that Ardent's been thoroughly dumpstered. Kog is still a problem is a lot of comps. Corki is a theoretical ban if he starts getting picked more because he does a fuckton of burst as a triforce-building AD who's nigh-impossible to built tank against.

Twitch's late game is still far too dangerous I think, I've let him through a few times and immediately gone back to banning him and Kog can still do Kog things, but with more assassin junglers in the meta his lack of escapes is much more of an issue than it was during the jungle tank meta. MF is a complete non-threat until she gets her first back, but the first dirk just massively boosts her damage to the point where a single double-up shot can chunk the other team's ADC for a full quarter of their health bar. If she gets to Youmuus and hasn't been completely dumpstered then good luck staying in lane without getting loads of healing off your support.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

that tower smashing rune lets you build full tank and still split push with 100% effectiveness

That + Yorick Q does about half a tower's health.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Another thing I think is passing people by is the strength of Vi in the jungle, it might just be because she just got a new skin so people are playing her but every game I've been in with a Vi lately she's popped the gently caress off.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Players being flung way into the air is as old as the game itself I think, some of the first League glitch videos I saw were poo poo like that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Faker said on stream he thought she was OP, she's probably getting nerfed into the god drat ground pretty soon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Someone once said to me that Varus' pants look like woven pubes and I've never been able to look at him in the same way since.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I remember people banning Ornn when he first came out because he was so weak it was basically a guaranteed loss if he was on your team.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I saw it less as scrappy little guys and more "we're here with an audience whether you think we're a real sport or not".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Draven seems like one of the ADCs who should be benefitting from the same lethality stuff as other one-shot nuke champs like Jhin and MF so yeah go Youmuu's>Duskblade and see how it feels. The Death's Dance thing was a big deal on Draven a while back but I don't know if it's worth building before 3rd-4th item right now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

lets give a quick shout out to velkoz in this thread, everyone.

Velkoz good. Support Velkoz players however can gently caress off.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Tanks are really strong but the reality of solo queue right now is theres a dickload of poke crap & minimal bruisers & extremely fragile mids so realistically I think it's fine to concede the maokai & hit xareth for 70% of his bar.

I get around this choice by playing MF and just ulting into the tightly packed enemy team and killing the carries and chunking the tanks in one easy step.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Is this the item that gives more gold or something? I saw a big post/video on this on /r/draven on how this really works. You basically just use your stacks and klepto to outfarm everyone. The push back to it on /r/draven was that Draven should try to end the game early, so by doing that you are trying to just make sure you always stay on top of farm and win the game with your gold advantage.

Not sure who is right but just asking for clarification because I have never built klepto and not sure if this is what it is.

Klepto isn't an item, it's a Keystone rune in the Inspiration tree that gives either a random consumable item (potions, elixers, sometimes just bags of gold) or additional gold when you attack an enemy champion after using an ability. It's gotten some traction on ADCs because most of the time you're doing the ability>auto attack double tap to poke anyway so you're going to proc it fairly reliably and more gold is more good.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Monathin posted:

Also Yorick is going to get more busted because

Revitalize is going to work on his self-heal Q next patch which is going to give him +15% healing on Q below 40% HP, which already does double healing if you hit it when you're below half, so I fully expect once that hits it'll be taken in favor of Second Wind and just turn Yorick into a sustain monster who can't be shoved out of lane by anything less than a 3-man top dive.

And mid-game Yorick can already 1v4, so you might not even shift him with a 3-man dive.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yorick Q + Demolish takes about 2/3rds of a tower's health, it's hilarious because if you get in range to charge it the tower goes from undamaged to nearly gone in about 2 seconds.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

eatenmyeyes posted:

I got what I think is my first S+ to complete my first Rank 7. Hooray!

What other champs play similarly to Teemo?

He's not as oppressive, but if you want another speedy top lane ranged champ try Kennen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

With >140 heroes there are always going to be some in the dumpster unfortunately. It's been that way for the life of the game, basically.

I mean Skarner's been in the dumpster where he belongs for about 5 years so the system works.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

toplane has a ton of viable stuff but abloo bloo bloo fighters arent viable oh no. we just got done playing a season where itemization meant that non crit based adcs werent even playable. but none of them are riven so you know nows the time to panic

Also Kled is crazy strong right now and Panth is as strong as ever so it's not like top lane is the tank party it was a few months ago.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Monathin posted:

People aren't banning Yorick because even though Yorick's rework helped him in popularity he's still really niche, but he's definitely picking up some steam.

Maybe he'll get another skin with 5 years.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cho'gath eats things. He gets bigger when he does too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If they made voice chat optional but open you'd get the same problem Overwatch has where people using voice rage at people who aren't using voice.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sounds like I need to get on this train and get a few wins.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is the worst thing I've ever seen in the missions tab.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

yall need to stop hating on gappy real quick. in other news i have randomly decided to play nunu and forgot how fun aggressively counter jungling is -- what is everyone heres favourite counterjungler and why?

Kayn because if you get caught you just run into a wall and there ain't poo poo they can do about it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

iSurrender posted:

Edit: Also, that Sivir splash is a loving embarassment.

Sivir has one good skin and it's the PAX one so she basically has no good obtainable skins.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Alistar's pretty high in the support meta if you care about that, he can also gently caress people up Blitzcrank style except noone ever bans him.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lose enough and you'll drop ranks yeah, or just wait until the new season starts and do your placements again.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I had 69 triple kills this year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Every God Forsaken Noob Of The Earth: Play Quinn or Riven top every game gotta carry folks wow great split push

Keven, Warrior of Truth, Man of Honor, Champion of All People of Runeterra:

Untreelievable

I have an 82% Lux winrate. She's good.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They're putting it on Switch as well so it'll be a console MOBA that isn't Smite at last.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

new urgot is very scary i finally played a game with one and he wrecked our poppy top then came mid for my malzahar soul

that ult is horrific :gibs:

New Urgot's ult is the most awesome thing, he impales you with a chain, throws you in a grinder and anyone who sees it runs in fear.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lovechop posted:

here;s a champion for you-

docteur loving mundo

gently caress yeah Mundo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like it's hard to find a character magical footwear isn't great on, just hands you 350g and instant item delivery and permanent +10 movement, it's automatically giving you a kills worth of gold and then some.

The numbers seem to back it up with it being the highest win % choice for nearly everyone who takes it.

Inspiration has become my default second tree just because 4 free potions and free boots are so god drat good for laning, especially in top lane where you have TP if you need to recall before 10 minutes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Monicro posted:

The only thing I don't like about aram is the people who say "we lost at champ select", as if TSM's starting lineup wouldn't be able to crush your silver aram game with 5 iverns or whatever

There are some champs who absolutely wreck anything in ARAM if you have any idea how to play them, Ashe probably being the best example.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

You need map awareness to play Fiora now because your opponent will rush bramble vest and become unfightable until like 2 items and you'll have to make plays elsewhere to get ahead

You think way too highly of solo queue players.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Mash posted:

Nothing in League gets me harder than Duskblade J4 flash-ulting on an ADC, instagibbing them. Even if I'm the ADC.

I perfectly flashed a J4 ult yesterday and it got me rock solid. Then I got deleted by the Jax I flashed into.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I had 20 champs after about a month of play. If you you just buy cheap champs or get lucky with shard drops you could probably get there in a few weeks. I think the ramp up to L30 might be smoother now as well.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Q8ee posted:

do you get IP after each game? how many games does it take to rack up 450 IP? poo poo has changed so much since I last played in 2014. I remember there'd be free champions on rotation each week, and grinding IP wasn't too difficult.

50BE from first win of the day, and the champion shards you get when you level up will usually be worth 800-1200BE if you dust them all so level up once and you can probably get 2 champs right off the bat. 14 champions on free rotation each week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

why are people playing relic shield starting on MF

Gives extra durability in lane, and the Targon's shield + overheal shield can add up to 400-500 extra HP.