Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
So, they're making Eboy Thresh the default for Wild Rift. Also Brand has a weird bishi face but who cares about Brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Honestly, it's a very Mobile Legends design to me. I've been pretty ambivalent on most of the new heroes' and reworks' visual designs, though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Same, but OG black Taric

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My main League gripe right now is that Wild Rift's matchmaking is rear end. Regularly pits group queuers against 0/11/0 Yi masters. Dropped from 62% to 59% winrate these past two weeks.

Senna's fun though. The huge passive gold of Wild Rift means it's not too uncommon for her to outscale the ADC she's supporting (though a part of this is traditional ADC's being a little limp in WR right now, Chargeblade might help with that).

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Monicro posted:

it's all seraphine's fault

Cant believe tall sona would do this

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm Bi so I feel like I should be the target audience [at least on the male side] for these eboy redesigns but they're just real boring, I'm sorry. He honestly comes off more like a Devotee to the Church of Thresh

All the details are there! They're just a lot cleaner and trendier and lamer. The fake six-pack outline is the only real distinguishing trait that would get me to pick him out from the assortment of Mobile Legends, Defense Of The Battles, SMITE human designs.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
On the subject of reworks im not keen on, taking away Swain's werecrow form makes him 900% lamer, even if they got rid of the stupid hair

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Capitalism has ruined everything. Even narrative and lore cohesiveness.

Anyway I found that picture I was talking about. I might of lied about being hotter but i still like it more.

Extremely funny thing is that Yone had the exact same transformation.

Eboy Thresh also looks a little better with facial hair, even if the hair tentacles are still stupid:
https://twitter.com/EraiViolett/status/1412460414961602569?s=20

I guess face pubes dont sell though

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I guess it's true what they say. Idiocracy really is a documentary now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I mainly play solo queue normals, because ranked & group queues end up stressing me out.

Also solo queues gives me such colorful characters, like a Fiora who complained that I wasn't healing her, that I had the 'wrong build', and spent 50% of the game trash talking in all (specifically about me, because I told her to stop trash talking in all). We won that match!

She also whined that I was having it easy because I was playing 'broken op champion senna' but she was probably right on that, WR Senna slaps.

E: It's embarassing that you still cant rewind in Wild Rift replays (to my knowledge)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 21, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

Edit: Senna feels way overtuned in Wild Rift but I feel she'll get to keep being nasty until after the new items drop

It's kind of absurd that she can confidently trade in lane (and by virtue of the mists, any trade she survives is a won trade), protect her carry, and often outscale her carry without taking a single creep and at a hilariously comfortable distance. And you can put her in any lane and do reasonably well (which is big when WR players struggle to understand map mirroring and lane calls).

https://i.imgur.com/FdCH4YJ.gifv

It's my understanding that she's pretty good in big boy PC League right now, but I swear the huge passive gold of WR takes her to a new level. Chargeblade might at least help her carry keep up, so there's that.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 25, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Verviticus posted:

can someone explain to me why one would play wild rift over the actual game? it never looks good or compelling

One's on your phone

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
As an added bonus the lack of rts commands and shorter matches means people have less time to tilt in chat and shout epithets

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Monicro posted:

(something something pokemon unite yeah i know)

It's looking real good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyRFGxncuAk
(I'l probably still try it when it hits android)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

This looks really dumb, but you can buy that stuff with ingame currency too right? So is this really any different from how runes used to work in league?

Runes are/were a pretty stupid and tedious part of League as well.

It will really depend on how fast you can grind these things; Critikal in the vid alleges that he only got 2 upgrades in a couple hours of play, the max level on the items is 30, and you can equip three of them. That would be pretty awful.

They're also saying that they'll have cross-progression across platforms, if that includes item upgrades then that seems like a very good way for mobile players (who are getting the game 1-2 months later) to be instantly devastated & uninstall the game lol

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 26, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

Maybe they just shouldn't have made a character solely focused on cleaning up fights but they're 150 characters in I guess they're squeezing blood from stone.

I dont like this excuse because there's still a lot that's been done in MOBA's that Riot has yet to adapt to League, they're limited by their imagination and vision of what the meta should be more than anything

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont think complexity is inherently bad but I do think it can be a sign of their designers rubbing up against self-imposed constraints, when they cant make a new unique hero from a grab bag of 4 basic skill effects, so they pile on more.

The fact that old basic heroes are really big is a testament to how focused and useful their skillset is, whereas 3/5ths of Akshan's kit feels like it's dabbling in other skills & skill effects to hopefully carry "he can swing" and "he might revive".

He should really have been sent back to the drawing board until they could decide on what they actually want him to do; revenge support who hunts down enemies that kill allies? Ultra-high risk/reward assassin who can revive an ally if he gets his combo off? Spider-man? Right now he's a mid lane assassin carry kiter working towards a support effect, and he's bad and noncommittal at most of that.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 29, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm just wondering if he evades hard nerfs long enough to be embarassing at a tourney

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In my experience on Wild Rift so far map control seems to be a big issue with Akshan; towers are so frail, mobility so high, and 3-5 player skirmishes so frequent that Akshan reviving his side of a scuffle tremendously favors his team in controlling objectives and lanes. I can imagine the shenanigans a coordinated group queue could get up to with teleport boots.

If he falls behind he doesn't do much though, save waiting to get a lucky revive assist off.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

Dunno what Im gonna do when they nerf Short Seraphine

Haven't seen too many Sona's (though I have been camping the Support position), but I can relate to the dread; I'm on a nine win streak, six of them Senna, having reclaimed my pre-season winrate and am now on average in games with mostly platinum-to-emerald players. I hope they dont nerf her too hard because I've no idea if my Fiona/Fizz/Pantheon will be able to keep up at this skill level.

Baron's pretty squishy, yeah. It feels like less of a Throw Pit than my memories of it on PC.

E: Speaking of hero changes, Graves got some huge ones last patch:
+30% AD ratio on initial powder damage
+60% AD ratio on powder explosion damage
+50%-11% increase in armor on True Grit
More base AD starting at L7

But oddly enough I've been seeing him less. His early stats got hit, maybe too hard?

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 2, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

Did you mean Senna or Sona for who you're on a winstreak with? Either way what are you building?

Senna; I realized that wasn't clear and tried to clear up the post.

I usually try to stay in lane long enough to go back for a Manamune, which is usually long enough to zone out the enemy ADC unless their support is great at punishing aggression (like Blitzcrank or Rakan). From there I roam but play close to the vest until I get Firecannon, at which point I'm just being stupid-hostile to everyone. IE is when I feel confident that I can carry a teamfight, Last Whisper I start going after initiators as well. I'm still indecisive on the final item, but i'm acclimating to Quickblades for throwing out more roots.

quote:

The other thing with Wild Rift, especially in my bad zone, is players don't go back enough. If you kill your lane opponent and the wave is not literally on your tower you should go back. Did you have a messy fight first dragon and won? Ward and B because the enemy team will respawn fast enough to plow into you as reinforcements and you will feel stupid when they come and blow your rear end up while engaging dragon at half health.

The worst is when people kill someone roaming and then don't immediately start doubling back for teammates. The maps too small buddy! They're coming probably 4 on 1 now.

I'm pretty bad about this; I always get the vibe that I should be pressing the advantage as hard as possible, which isnt a great idea because it's very easy for a behind player to recover off a kill/assist on someone high-bounty. I do generally have the sense to get out of dodge if I find and kill someone out of lane, though.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 2, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
All the aram fightmasters already knew of the power of Blue Ezreal. Matched in ferocity only by Blue Nasus and Blue Pantheon

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

can someone please convince me not to play this build because otherwise I'm gonna play it some more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tblEMBQTfeY

I liked his proposal more when I thought he said Lucifer: King of the Hill

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Most of the time I see someone [intentionally] take a ranged boy top they dominate the lane. Probably because it's a move people confident at positioning do to stomp on someone who is entirely used to ramming face & trading.

E: Barudak join the discord so we can haunt the League 1.0 players with riftchat

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 5, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
League's visual style has been incoherent since release. That said Yuumi fits alright with what very little has been shown of Bandle City (forrested town, but also magic, and I think it has a rocket)

It's a cat on a magic book

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Biplane posted:

Playing support tahm is like playing half a champ.

I can't say this is too shocking when they moved his primary supporting gimmick to a 120 second ult

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Imagine how funny it would be if Murky made it into the game

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Split on if Abathur would be brutally owned in a game with teleport and wards, or if his constant global presence would make up for not being able to exploit farting out bugs.

Murky would 100% be a split push fiend though. 25% the value of a normal hero, 8 second respawns (near the fight, no less), a 3 second stun for teamfights, and the ability to use his egg to effectively teleport to another lane? Absolutely filthy in League.

E: On second thought, if Abathur kept one of his ults he'd probably snap League over his [lack of] legs.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 10, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Whenever I think about it I am still kinda surprised that Riot has never tried to make a champion that works like Invoker.

Aphelios is like a more awkward Invoker with fewer (and significantly less powerful) abilities, down to juggling ballsguns to unlock certain skills and effects.

njsykora posted:

The main problem with the other 2 is Dota 2 loving sucks and HotS has the eternal problem of being tied to Blizzard's balance mentality and also their support design which is dull as poo poo. If you think League's healing is stupid you probably don't want to spend too long in HotS where there's a character who heals all allies around him with no mana cost and also doesn't have to stop moving to attack.

Dota 2 is good actually; not as easily readable visually as League, and a lot of the modern "so we're really not going to beat League, huh" changes & heroes have been pathetic, but its still fun and has a large source of gimmicks that Riot's drawn from for years.

HOTS definitely has a heal creep problem; its ARAM is possibly the most tedious and mind-numbing of any moba I've played, and I've played quite a few. That said Riot should draw their design team's attention towards their heroes for inspiration, especially considering the creative drought they seem to be going through WRT unique hero roles.

also maybe Infinite Crisis. And I wouldn't mind seeing a five-ability Churnwalker.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Aug 10, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don’t really play anymore but I saw that Thresh is a sexy bishie now, why is he a sexy bishie now

App store guidelines, OG thresh was too hot for their age rating

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like the cinematic; It gives an excuse as to why he's looking human & it gives him some 'deal with the devil' flair. It's still a worse skin than OG Thresh though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
What if rammus but he's a bad boy who needs spanking

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Add Parasite tia

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

now I miss that one character from HoN who could actually switch between being int agi or str based and his ultimate copied a bunch of someone's highest stat and they kept it until they ulted someone else.

Shadowblade. HoN, HotS, IC, RotT all have a lot of fun heroes that riot should look into porting, in-my-opinion.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

A champion who scales with gold held

Gambler

He could also bet that an enemy or ally would die/get a kill next

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I have nothing but love for the guy really dedicated to getting his anime into league

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been learning Fiora and I've managed to go from hard inting my lane 0-10 and somehow still winning games regardless, to winning my lane 7-0 and 9-0 and somehow still losing game regardless.

Top lane is fun!

Did you stop split pushing? You might have spent more time laning when you had bad starts, and Fiona is pretty good at pushing and keeping the enemy busy. Maybe when you stopped doing bad you started feeling more obligated to leave and teamfight.

Doing bad in lane as Fiona is pretty hard though, kudos to old skullgif

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Fiona excels most at killing the poo poo out of 1-2 enemies & making them look like fools, and doing fairly solid amounts of pushing and turret damage. The more wrapped up in teamfights you get, the less effective you'll be.

Dont worry about dragon fights, by forcing the enemy to choose between dealing with you or contesting dragon you're either ensuring that you get t2/inhib or that they'll be fighting a 4v4/4v3 at the pit (if 4v4, also the real chance that you kill the poo poo out of the guy coming & take inhib anyways).

Speaking of Fiona: I feel like Riposte/Spiked Carapace is one of the most satisfying skills in any moba. Her entire kit in general is great at realizing her theme, one of the best reworks they've done.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pussy Quipped posted:

The champions name is Fiora

Fiona's better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Hero that punishes the enemy team for killing them" is a pretty well-tread territory in mobas; Skeleton King lets out a large aoe slow on fake death, Vengeful Spirit used to halve the damage of whoever killed her for a while, Amun-Ra would let out an explosion and deal 10-30% bonus damage on resurrection, if Nightmare Superman was killed he'd debuff the enemies' resistances & revive if they died while debuffed. I'm sure there's more that I'm neglecting to remember.

I don't think it's something Riot wants to dive into, for various reasons.