Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

They... buffed Ornn? Why would they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Even though some people itt said Kleptomancy is a trap on Sona it remains her highest performance keystone.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
According to lolalytics Hat has both a higher pickrate and a higher winrate.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

And all Yorick gets is a slap on the wrist. Yeah, sure, 3 base AD will surely make a huge difference. gently caress's sake, Riot.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Monathin posted:

Like I mentioned on the last page, Revitalize working on Shields/Heals casting on the user might be a net buff to him assuming it works the way I think it does (which is that it'll proc on self-heal), turning him into a monster.

If you're a fan of Yorick, play him this patch because there's never gonna be a better time.

I just want to have a ban when I'm playing toplane again.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Aerox posted:

Built in voice chat is coming but will only be available to parties, which is pretty much the best way they could have handled it IMO

That... honestly makes implementing in-game voice chat abso-loving-lutely pointless. I'm already on voice comms with 90% of the people I premade with, what I need is the ability to make my idiot jungler realize that I'm at 15% health, 5% mana, my TP is up, that Darius has just bought and returned to lane and all his idiotic gank attempt is going to achieve is give him a double kill. At least give us an ability to party up with people in the champion select.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 6, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

What was the hotfix

Morgana nerfs, what else could it be? 8 less HP per level, +2 cd on W and her passive healing's now a static 20% at all levels. Possibly enough to sink her as a midlaner again.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 8, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

iSurrender posted:

Got this on my EUNE smurf (which has 17 champs and no skins other than freebies).
My most played champs are Varus, Teemo, Taric and Ez, and those are some of my favourite skins for them.

Oh hey, someone else but me plays on EUNE (even if it is only a smurf). What's your IGN?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Friend request sent. Are you on Discord?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm excited to drop multiple divisions. Every time I face a yasuo in lane I just hard feed so this is great for me.

Same. I just can't get my mind around him at all. He just dances back and forth through my minion line, q's me point-blank and then vomits a million damage.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

when yasuo e's through your minions walk away from him until the damage boost goes away, which it does before he can e the same minion again

The problem is the charged q->(however many e's)->point-blank ult.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Elephunk posted:

they might as well, targeted spells already draw tower aggro which as someone coming from DotA feels weird and awful already

To be fair, ANY damage draws tower aggro, even the enemy hurting himself on your bramble vest.

I'm really hoping they don't implement that change. More targeted spells on the other hand, would be cool and good, maybe they'll finally release a new champion I would actually want to play.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

strong bird posted:

Wghat does 'inter' mean in context of League of Legends

Intentional feeder.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Servaetes posted:

He's not wrong, and I like Pog. Between him and Keven and the people that emulate them the thread can become unreadable for a while really fast

You forgot about Methanar.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

if there was an in game gold display dumb rear end surrender attempts would no doubt triple, or even more

Dumb rear end surrender attempts are leagues better then dumb rear end "no" votes when you're 20 kills, 4 dragons and 6 towers behind. 4 out of five votes required to surrender remains the most monumentally stupid idea Riot's ever had, 2 people should in no way be able to force 3 people to remain in the game.

If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a guy who picks "no" when the vote's 3-1 for surrendering, I'd shoot the last one twice.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 24, 2018

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've won so many games that have had 3/2 surrender votes, if 3/2 could suddenly end a easily won game I'd be a hell of a lot angrier then a failed vote on a unwinnable game.

See, for me playing out a lost game in League is so absolutely miserable that I'd gladly trade those few victories from that far behind in exchange for all my losses being that much quicker. Honestly, if someone offered me a guarantee that none of my losses would last longer than 15 minutes in exchange for never being able to come back from a losing game I'd take it.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

trip report: relic shield still op on adcs, sightstone is too big

This really isn't hard, Riot, just make the gold sharing and heal only trigger on executions and classify Thresh's aa as melee. There, relic balance fixed.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

shes still top 4 adcs atm

the most popular picks are still lategame scaling adcs and vayne is good there

Lolalytics shows her in 8th place, winrate-wise, at 49.9%. Not what I call ban-worthy.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
New idea for a Broken Champion Quick-FixTM: Take away the AoE on Zoe's Paddle star. No more waveclear, easy to minion-and/or-bodyblock. Champion balanced.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Gunder posted:

I’m an old Dota player trying League out for the first time. What’s the best way to get build and item info? The LOLSUMO app seems handy, but I don’t know if their stuff is reputable.

I tend to use lolalytics (first link is for the data from the last seven days, second for data from this patch only. The difference only matters for the first few days after the patch) for my builds and to check matchups. Some other goons swear by op.gg. Another site worth checking is probuilds, but not all builds professionals use will be optimal or even viable at lower levels.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
My client's updating. Did they drop a hotfix or something?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

How Rude posted:

Anyway, it looks like Nasus's winrate went from 54% to 48% in a single patch because Klepto + Talisman were that good on him, and now they're both gone.

Source? I've been checking on lolalytics and it never dipped below 50% (50.7 atm).

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
It's been pretty obvious that we're in the worst timeline for a good while, but now it's confirmed. Riven's in the meta. There goes my ban slot for this patch.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Wonder what'll be next after that. I'm guessing Kayle + Morg (although I believe they've said Morg'll only be a VU instead of a full-on VGU) and then Nunu after.

If they give Kayle a skillshot I swear I'm quitting this dumb game.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Nope. Suppression is its own separate effect from stun, and the only three things that can remove it (aside from interrupting the source of the suppression) are Quicksilver Sash/Mercurial Scimitar, GP's oranges, and Alistar's ult.

Olaf's ult also works.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Hey Methanar, how are you building Kayle?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Methanar posted:

t1 boots, rage blade, nashors, t2 boots, games over

RB before nashor's? I usually rush 40% cdr but I'm not sure if that's worth it anymore now that rank5 E gives you 100% uptime with 30%. What boots?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

:siren:Activating Stopwatch or Zhonya's now cancel's [sic] Ryze's ultimate as though he had been interrupted by crowd control.:siren:

On one hand, this interaction was pretty gamewarping in pro play and I'm glad it's gone. On the other, I wonder how low Ryze's winrate can get.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 6, 2018

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Firebert posted:

How they go through all this and still don't make an ap item that builds out of qss is beyond comprehension

Also new Liandry's is terrible

What new Liandry's?

I'm not seeing anything about it in the patch notes

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

It's an issue when most people are using it defensively, rather than using it aggressively to pull off batshit tower dives.

Honestly, enabling batshit tower dives is exactly what I hate this item for. Assassins are an atrocious error of game design even without an additional 2.5 seconds of invulnerability.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Maintenance announced for 8.4 on Thursday. You can take a look at the PBE cycle notes on S@20 if you want a sneak peak. Highlights include:
  • Zoe sent to Camille Prison until they figure out what the hell they want to do with her.
  • Gnar and Gangplank both getting a non-insignificant amount of laning power chopped off of their kits.
  • Kalista getting a whole bunch of her power shifted around. Arguably a more effective lane bully early, but holy hell is she short range now.
  • Rengar getting partially reverted. His Q is back to its old incarnation. Ult's been changed so that he depends more on the other parts of his kits to score a one-hit instead of simply leaping out of stealth for a trillion damage on his own.
  • Fairly significant Volibear buffs. His E now has a knockback, meaning that he has a pretty drat good method of interrupting dashes, and the buff to his W means you might actually start seeing him getting play in solo queue as a jungler.
  • Stopwatch has a 10 minute arming time. Now sufficiently niche that you should only really take it if you think you have critical outplay potential in the midgame and are building Zhonya's relatively early. The fact that Inspiration no longer gets the passive +20% bonus to potion duration without taking a tier 3 rune is actually pretty significant, since you're losing a lot of lane sustain if you you opt for Cosmic Insight instead.
  • Second Wind is now on the same tier as all of the Armor/MR runes, which is huge. Now you either take Second Wind to survive poke, or you take one of the Armor/MR options to survive burst, rather than having both at the same time. Should make every lane that abused this (especially top) a lot less safe.
  • Shitload of AP item changes that were already discussed. Should be interesting to see how ends up benefiting most.
  • Baron and Elder are now significantly more impactful in the lategame. Baron actually got a pretty solid buff in general with the increase to cannon creep damage and the fact that the casters can no longer get instantly nuked. Look for games to close a lot faster.

:stare: Well, time to take a two week vacation from LoL and let people better than me figure out the builds.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

drat those gangplank changes are significant.

Still not enough of a nerf imo, he's supposed to have a weak early game but currently hes safe enough that the pros are regularily firstpicking him.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Y'know, I'm cutting my lossess and quitting the game. There's not much point in playing a game when your ideal is "every champion is old Ryze" and the devs clearly want every champion to be Yasuo.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Kit looks like Riven on steroids. I like it. His dash looks like the coolest part since you can can combo it with Q. Really interested in seeing how he plays.

Funny, my reaction was "gently caress's sake, just what this game needed: another loving Riven".

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Toplane would be substantially more fun and good if the jungler didn't exist

Finally a good opinion in this thread.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Unpopular opinion, but manaless champions, multiple dashes, assassins and invisibility are all bad and Akali is going to be one of the worst design atrocities in a game already rife with them.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

porfiria posted:

ZED's been in the game for six years.

Which is why I wrote "one of"

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Okay this sounds cool. I know as a Vlad player I hate playing va Anivia because of her egg totally negates my full combo. I will buy her tonight and try her out next time Vlad is banned. Thank you!

PSA: don't try champions you've never played in ranked

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Just read the patch notes and L M A loving O. Riot's (even on its own completely insufficient) nerf to Riven is in the same loving patch nutered by a huge buff to her Q. Riot has negative loving balls when it comes to nerfing soloq favourites.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Oh great, there's so few of them and they're so universally fun to play against. I hope she's manaless, too.