Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Lux

pretty much everyone playing her mid goes ultimate hat, stop wasting mana so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

Unstoppable Force is now a linear skillshot with unlimited range but you only stop upon hitting a champion; if you fail to connect you will travel off the map, never to return for the rest of the game.

I'm behind this change if Malphite orbited on and off the map like Sgt. Hammer ult for the rest of the game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Silences in LoL feel awful to play against, I'd be happy if they removed all of them

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Methanar posted:

The only silence left is soraka

And Cho, Malz, Fiddle, Blitzcrank, and Garen

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Shelvocke posted:

Is anyone else experiencing the 100% pick/ban ADC meta
Vayne, twitch, tristana, ezreal all too strong to let through

I'm unimpressed by the Vaynes I've played with and against, MF is much more dangerous

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kindred also

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Elman posted:

I was told to buy Rengar instead of Kha'zix. I'm starting to think my friends aren't very good at this game.

Rengar and Kha'zix are about on the same power level (~A-tier) right now. Kha'zix is a little more forgiving because even if he's not finding early kills he can still be relevant by farming/scaling/taking objectives. You can forgo ghostblade and rush a black cleaver and guardian angel if you want to play bruisery on Rengar, though I would still start with duskblade.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

I lost three very winnable games last night because my bot lane inexplicably decided to run into the enemy jungle with no vision over and over again, ama

For real, though, I wish I was good at ADC, because it seems like the fate of bot lane is deciding every game in this patch.

Play J4, build lethality, one shot the AD

Problem solved

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Taric's kit has been overloaded for so long that a somewhat unwieldy ultimate doesn't really matter.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Monicro posted:

The only thing I don't like about aram is the people who say "we lost at champ select", as if TSM's starting lineup wouldn't be able to crush your silver aram game with 5 iverns or whatever

You can absolutely lose in champ select in aram. Playing a low dmg or low engage comp into a team with a couple of 60%+ winrate champs is absolute hell

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
glad lux finally got a new skin it's been a while

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Nunu is gonna give people deathcap D:

https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon/status/951297833591717889

e: Riot forgot Azir exists again

Firebert fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 11, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

does garen have a hard time vs vlad top or did i just suck poo poo

ranked is scary, even in these placements i feel entirely outclassed

Garen does pretty well into Vlad; Vlad is a weak laner and Garen's silence lets him set up kills on Vlad with the junglers help early and if Garen snowballs and builds dmg Vlad can't walk up anymore for fear of being flash Q'd and murdered. Eventually Vlad outscales though.

The most common mistake people have against new Vlad is not respecting his empowered Q. When his resource bar is filled just back off and wait for him to drain a minion, then you have like 20 seconds to punish him.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There's no way new Swain won't be an overall improvement over old Swain, his new voice actor is miles ahead of the old one already and the VGU team has knocked every update I can recall out of the park.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

A more serious post: what is the job of mid and what kind of characters do you want in mid? It's the only lane I've never really gotten a grasp of the basics of

Shove lane and roam or dominate your lane to pressure tower and draw jungle attention. If you aren't trying to impact the map as a midlaner you are loving up.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Nightgull posted:

Is Kindred forced to jungle. What makes a good jungler, my dota memories tell me sustain is the most important. And some kind of aoe. If I go to lane, all I know is no denying CS. What's the difference between mid and top lane. Why do carries need to be run bot. What does dragon do. Is baron like roshan. These are all questions I have.

Kindred scales partially off of farming her passive which grants her large combat bonuses for taking specific jungle camps and killing people, which is generally easier to do as a jungler than a laner. She had been played mid and bot occasionally after her initial release, however now she only really sees sporadic play in the jungle after they reworked her passive.

Good junglers clear camps fast and have cc/strong damage to setup kills on opposing laners. For example, champs like Alistar, Bard, Taric are really good at the latter but are too slow at clearing camps to be viable as junglers. Also taking creeps after you gank and get a kill/force the enemy out of lane is optimal if you can shove the minion wave to the enemy tower as it denies gold and xp.

Mid lane is for roaming assassins and immobile laners because it's location and short length make it safer and gives access to sidelanes. Top lane tends to be bruisers and tanks because they have the skills and/or durability to survive moving from river to the (relative) safety of tower.

Bot lane meta tilts toward ad carries because you want your duo lane to be on the side of the map with early objectives like dragon so you have the numbers to contest. AD carries also tend to scale more off of gold/items than levels so they are less impacted by the xp loss of sharing a lane than a mage like Ziggs or Viktor.

Dragon gives the team that takes it permanent buffs to dmg, hp/mp regen, out of combat movement speed and turret/minion/monster dmg depending on the type. Baron gives gold and a temporary buff that grants bonus magic/physical dmg and empowers nearby minions to make them stronger. Baron is for forcing fights, taking towers/inhibitors.

e: Also if you are new to jungling or struggling with the role, take either Fleet Footwork or Unsealed Spellbook as your keystone, they help a lot with early clearing/sustain and Spellbook in particular has opened/re-opened the jungle to more non-traditional jungle picks like Zyra, Brand and Morgana.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 22, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

So about a week or so in I've decided I really like playing Irelia.

Then I discover shes coming up for a rework. Still going to keep playing but I hope they keep the whole "zoom zoom gently caress you zoom zoom" aspect its fun flying around like some ADHD gnat.

Don't worry, like Xin Zhao they will keep the parts people like about her (her q and resets and her e), and actually make her ult, w and passive interesting. A challenger Irelia one-trick has been working with Riot devs doing the rework and he's pretty excited.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Swain was a mess aesthetically/thematically. He was supposed to be a grand strategist general/dictator and this was displayed by him being a wobbly old man with a cane and mohawk that sometimes turned into a bird for reasons. Now he looks like a 40k commissar warlock and they matched his aesthetics with other Noxus champs like Sion and Darius which is rad.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Nightgull posted:

DOesnt someone in this thread work for riot. I seem to remember that from a long time ago. I've been lurking for years.

hi my name is david "phreak" turley

you might remember me from my jungle sivir spotlight

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Trist is really good with all-in support or lvl 2 cheese junglers, the slow from rocket jump sets up cc really well

She's been good for a while now

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/01/champion-roadmap-january-2018/

tl;dr:

next champion is vayne 2.0 noooo
irelia keeping bladesurge, getting more ranged/skirmishy moves
aatrox is gonna be reworked in a fighter with "heavy, powerful" attacks so probably less of a focus on attack speed/on-hit builds (also biggest rework they've ever done which is saying something)
akali rework making her a better laner and less snowbally
teaser for a nunu rework

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
How they go through all this and still don't make an ap item that builds out of qss is beyond comprehension

Also new Liandry's is terrible

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lol. An ap Mr item that gets rid of cc would be the most busted item on the game. They're trying to make more diverse build paths not make an item rushed more than morello

people rarely take cleanse and it is free*

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wish I could ban my team from playing galio/ryze mid and ezreal and still be able to ban other stuff

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Rygar201 posted:

Assassins aren't in the dumpster tho. Kat is a top mid laner, KZ is a high win rate jungler, and that's just off the top of my head

Kha is sub 50% winrate

Zed, Akali, Rengar, Kayn, Noc, Ekko, Kass all are struggling. Talon/Leblanc are mediocre. It's pretty much only Kat one tricks and Fizz. And Eve.

Talon and Rengar are getting buffs at least in the next couple patches.

e: Camille and Riven are probably better assassins right now than most of the assassins

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 17, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Endorph posted:

zoe will probably be reworked before mordekaiser is

To be fair a Zoe rework is a hell of a lot easier than a Morde rework because you have to replace everything on Morde

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

I don't really like the skin in action but this splash is aces

holy smokes 👀

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWawS46XJw

looks like a jungler to me tbh

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I doubt the thresholds are low enough that you could just do THE BUILD and meet all of the criteria, but you can probably fullfill the ap and aspd parts with guinsoos, nashor's tooth and void staff.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

With Wit's end in the patch notes getting 100g cheaper with +2 damage and going from 5 MR steal to 6 melee/3 ranged it made me think.

Who actually builds wit's end besides ranged champs? I can only think of Kog/Kayle/Teemo/Varus and it's sometimes situational for them.

Volibear ... who just got mega-buffed :unsmigghh:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

All of you loving animals who wish for volibear to be good need to be sent back to the hell meta of season 4 or whenever the gently caress they super buffed him and made him the highest damage jungler and let him be literally unkillable. That poo poo was un-loving-playable bad

I honestly don't, I've played bot vs. fed volibears with 2 full items at like 12 mins when he has more than 3k hp and can 3 hit carries

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Technically, after his lore rework, Taric is multi-gay since it a gay Demacian dude who is the host of a gay Targonian god

You did it, buddy :unsmith:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Enigma89 posted:

If I like Draven what other ADCs or mid heroes would I like? Looking for mechanically hard heroes that hit hard. Kalista, Jhin? What else?

Jhin MF (though neither are mechanically on the same level as Draven) maybe Graves

For mid Zed tbh

Firebert fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 26, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Japex posted:

unpopular opinion: ezreal is a niche pick that is generally bad

Nah he's actually pretty good just the average player sucks poo poo on him and uses q in lane to farm instead of harass. The last Ezreal I supported didn't even auto except to last hit so he got his rear end shoved under tower and was irrelevant the whole game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Are we calling it new fizz when those changes are from like two seasons ago?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I havent played since season 3 so its new to me

You missed the toxic on-hit bruiser builds of Fizz then which was the reason why the W change was implemented. Fizz being able to burst people is good, because he is an assassin. Fizz being able to burst people and destroy tanks when he has 3k hp and a frozen heart...not so great...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

So after 20 garen games I decided to try support (I picked top somewhat randomly and wanted to try each role for a while before settling and now seems as good a time as any).

Played Janna in a normal and I like this playstyle. I'm way to aggressive though and got a bit overwhelmed on everything. Is there any support 101 soloreneckton style streamers for support?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHvzZy1YZA

all you need to know

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

Taric still only has only two skins, a true tragedy.

And one of them is Legacy, even.

Taric has green pink red and naked skins

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
finally added an emote worth paying for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

JerryLee posted:

Do temporary stats count? Like if Rageblade stacks take you over the threshold, does that unlock the enhanced abilities? And if so, is it only while the stacks last?

no