Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Every year I am surprised that the off season Worst Thread manages to be Even More Worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

You say this like keeping the WDC and WCC from Ferrari is a bad thing

Or requires any external influence.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He's 6 seconds off the pace, 4th from bottom and the three people below him have either only done shakedown laps or not done a lap at all.

So a huge improvement over Massa and Stroll. Looks like I'm getting probated.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

People are saying that Williams must have signed Kubica because he's running a red light instead of a green one (meaning he must have a super license, that Williams must have sorted for him). Is this an actual thing or just reddit being reddit?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

That's me in 7th place having set my predictions before Australia practice and then never touching them again for the entire season.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's one session for a man who hasn't driven the new cars, or any current F1 car for 6 years.

Counterpoint: it's Stroll

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

http://store.steampowered.com/app/638110/Desert_Bus_VR/

presented without comment

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Who was this year's MWDC by the way?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hey! no one has said Bobby K is cool on this page yet

Kubica is a very cool dude. :allears:

Also slower than stroll

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

Remember when Kubica won, defeating his teammate Quick Nick Heidfeld? This objectively proves that Kubica is at least Quick, if not outright Fast. the shinier of two turds.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Rosberg was badrear end

Well said, OP

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm watching the first 10 races of 2012 and then calling that a full season.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Fish inbred, Dr.Gonzo

The only possible correct answer

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

poty posted:

Congratulations to Felipe Massa in this very special day for him

I wondered what this post was about this morning.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Apropos of nothing, I would like to wish this thread a happy World AIDS Day.

Sorry I ever doubted you poty

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

Monisha Did Nothing Wrong

Didn't Monisha back Whirline (genuinely.dont give enough of a poo poo to look up how to spell his name) to the hilt?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I am glad to be alongside my avatar-sake Andrew Benson in doubting the Kube can make a return to F1. I fully expect to remain un-toxxed when Williams make their decision to appoint Di-Resta to the seat.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Reminder that it you care about anything other than getting comfortably from A-B reliably and efficiently in your road car then you are massively autistic and also literally Jeremy Clarkson but I repeat myself.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Driving is very enjoyable and maybe if you drove an enthusiast model like a Toyota Corolla S you would enjoy driving more

Driving from A-B is not enjoyable due to the car though once you have the requisite levels of comfort etc. Driving is enjoyable due to scenery or company or destination.

Driving on a track is very exciting but in neither of these situations will I be thinking "cor blimey a Toyota Corrolla? Sign me up"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A chilling glance into the mind of the average Lance Stroll fan.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/F1PaddockPass/status/939109623285649409

So apparently the fight of women in motorsport is to try not-very-hard, fail miserably, then give up and say men are just better?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 9, 2017

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Facebook couldn't figure out how a room of 30 Russians hijacked their entire platform and turned it into a propaganda machine, AIs and machine learning is rear end lmbo.

AI and machine learning is cool as heck. Facebook sucking dick at everything they do doesn't take away from that.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

How dare they try and take credit for killing him. That was one of the best things Williams ever did after Nigel and Damon's WDCs

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

In my experience the Dutch are lovely... until there's any sports involved, then they're the loving worst

This but every country

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

Nolan is bad

Fuckin what? Dunkirk is only the latest in a series of great Nolan films. I can't overhype how awesome Tom Hardy is as a Spitfire pilot. It couldn't be any more inspiring if his plane was towing a "Lewis 4x WDC" banner as he shoots down Vettel. I mean Nazis.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

See: overhyped, high-concept garbage

Dunkirk is a needlessly convoluted film with entirely forgettable characters. Michael Bay could make a better WW2 movie.

Yeah what a try-hard movie Dunkirk was. What does it want. Praise? Fuckin lol. Anything that isn't an honest working class movie is Oscar wank bait and should be dismissed.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to a good HONEST movie like transformers with its fart jokes and statutory rape defense.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

iospace posted:

we'll probably be losing three posters for a month though.

Noone important :smug:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

Imagine beeing at Ferrari right now.

I'm surrounded by idiots with terrible ideas and opinions that will never achieve anything of note. The Worst Thread basically is Ferrari.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Lewis will at best come third to Anthony Joshua and Mo Farah. I’m going to take a wild guess that the man with four championships and a knighthood, without the benefit of a entire factory worth of people helping him is going to win.

The confusion and rage in the comments sections from his fans when they work out that they can’t accuse anyone of racism is going to be glorious.

F1 is a stupid sport for idiots, we're under no illusions of this.

However it is approximately 1000% more legitimate than boxing and athletics.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

actual PR blow for his brand

So you- Learningcurve of the worst thread- are suggesting that the BBC and by extension Andrew Benson are extremely relevant?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't think Ferrari are bluffing I just don't give a poo poo if they leave. It's one less source of hilarity in guess but I'm sure alfa will step up to fill the quota of Italians with delusions of adequacy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

That's the leading theory. A handful of F1 journalists know but when prompted they love making a song and dance of rubbing it in everyone's faces that they know and won't tell you. Whatever it is, it was serious or dark enough that it was an unspoken rule to keep it secret, leading to all of these theories. Most center around a relationship with a senior Ferrari figure's relative, with caveats like ranging from underage to drugs being involved. Even people on F1 forums who supposedly know will insist on telling you via PM, though whether it's because there's legal implications or they want to feel special is anyone's guess.

Psssst.

*looks furtively left and right*

He was poo poo.

*melts into the shadows*

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Synergy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Sounds like you do great work down at the mirror factory haha.

Can this be the thread title please

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I would unironically pay a lot of money to watch the clownshow that would be f1 without British involvement.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ford? What the gently caress is that crap.

They're a car company that's been around a long time. Like Ferrari but successful.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lewis brought Massa slippers and a Haynes guide to pensioners aha hahaha.

The only way that could have been better is if he'd given him a runner-up trophy in the shape of a spring.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Loving the fact that Stoffel both gave and received a waffel maker

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Merry christmas terrible people. May all you're monitors be turned.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Norns posted:

Whoa no way. A man confused by his own sexuality attempts to shame others.

I'm not shocked.

Don't talk about yourself in the third person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Yes but Brundle has turned Sky into a terrible old boys club and made it preferable to watch F1 with the sound off. Those others were just temporary bastards, Brundle’s damage is lasting. Listen to any old F1 race with Walker commentating and you can immediately tell how poo poo the commentary has become today.

You pay for sky and are therefore way more responsible than Brundle for the poo poo commentary we have now.

• Locked thread