Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Usually good form to put the new thread link in the last post of the old one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Grand slam is a British term from Tennis isn’t it?

Look at golf and rugby too, it's a general sport term, basically a grand slam in F1 would winning everything

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Grand Slam in F1 is specifically winning by leading a race from pole and getting fastest lap. Bottas didn't get it because Lewis led during pit stops

Thought it was Pole, Win and Fastest lap tbh

EDIT: As those are the only stats that are taken long term

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

pik_d posted:

I think a grand slam is supposed to be four things

Why do you think that?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wikipedia says that mind...

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

pik_d posted:

Tennis has four grand slam tournaments, a grand slam in F1 is four things, a grand slam in baseball nets four runs

A grand slam in six nations rugby?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I think we all know it means total domination

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

pik_d posted:

who cares

Great contribution

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

pik_d posted:

A grand slam in rugby union was historically when one of five nations beat all the other (that would be four) nations. Now that Italy has joined the definition had to change to five, when it used to be four.

Four.

Not now, it's 5 FIVE and it's still a grand slam.. not an ultra slam or anything else

EDIT: I thought you didn't care

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

pik_d posted:

OK but what is a grand slam in the uh... Philippine film industry???

Weird question, I have no idea

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

pik_d posted:

I'll give you one guess.

I'm good thanks, rather not know

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

No idea, it's quite old

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

gret posted:

If anybody wants to read a more in depth article about the design of the new logo:

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/formula-1-unveils-new-identity-wieden-kennedy-london/

e:

delete this crap

quote:

they had a logo but they didn’t really have an identity

Advertisment agency bullshit, I work in this arena

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

tuo posted:

The thing is: when AUDI motorsport chief yelled "Timo, schieb in raus" (Timo (Scheider), push him off) into the mic, it was what most non-Mercedes fans felt watching the race. The way Mercedes drove to get Wehrlein to champion was disgusting (in this scene, Wehrlein was just given another spot from another Mercedes driver that then started to block Timo Scheider). To the point, that Ex-Mercedes-Motorsport-Chief Norbert Haug - who is a drat cool guy, super defensive when it comes to Mercedes to not come across as a hurt bitch because Wolf threw him out...he's just supercool - even started to question the motives of Mercedes. That DTM season was disgusting imo. The Audi sport chief who instructed Timo Scheider to kick Wehrlein off got a live-long probation from DTM pit-lane (allthough he appeared again this year) and of course was relieved of his position at AUDI DTM Motorsports operation.

I am a loving big BMW fan, but if some other team wins fair and square, it's all good, and I even had tears in my eyes this year applauding Rene Rast for winning the DTM for AUDI in an Audi (and I hate AUDI and Audis), but the way Wehrlein won simply wasn't impressive imo. Mercedes had an awesome car that year, a very good driver with Wehrlein, and then decided it is appropriate to make the seven other Mercedes drivers Wehrlein's bitch after about two or three races (of ten).

gently caress that poo poo!

DTM imitating cycling

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, gently caress Rosberg.

Massa lost the WDC in the most horrible way possible and he kept going.

lmao Nico is a bitch

Actually no, good on Rosberg, he left as champ with no way for Lewis to redress the balance, the ultimate gently caress you

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Ferrari: Race to immortality, watching it now, good film, watch it you geeks instead of squabbling about drivers

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

This is Formula 1, why reduce costs, it's like asking a football team to do the same, you're going to pay for success, the money follows, Its the top tier for a reason
This message is endorsed by Bernie Ecclestone

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Any US cigs are throat killers, stick to good ol' Brit brands (JPS was horrible mind)

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

She’s 3

The stress of living with Wicka :D

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hexyflexy posted:

Controversial question, is there one driver we can all agree we actually all like. I don't even care what particular kind of car they raced.

A drunk Jenson Button

I just bought some Mac n Cheese from posh chain Waitrose to see what you jerks are arguing about

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Ralf Schumacher.... Jacques Villeneuve....

These people are literally vilified.

By you, Jacques was pretty much my anti Schumacher in the day, as was Hill, jeez anyone could have fit the bill, but nobody dislikes Mika!

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Brundle is obnoxious but no where near a level warranting hatred and castration.

Never forget Jonathan Legard who flew way too close to the sun. Peaked with F1 and also had his career destroyed by it.

My colleague met Brundle at a charity function before he even got the Sky gig.. Apparently he was a self important oval office, John Surtees was also there and was such a nice fella

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hexyflexy posted:

Luca Badoer

Haha, god no. How the crap was he allowed in that Ferrari.

Because Schumacher said he wasn't ready, and all the other options were tied up

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

The 2009 Ferrari was garbage and Badoer finally getting his chance was definitely an emotional one.

why do you think Schumacher said he wasn't ready? The answer is above

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

You're right, Brundle was OK. I think given the opportunity Herbert had in the Benetton, he would have done better. It's a shame he's become quite an insufferable toad over the past few years

I thought Schumacer forced Herbert out of the Benetton team as he saw him as a threat

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Rhopunzel posted:

he was actually not classified at all in the 1994 F1 season

What's your source on that, most records have him classified

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Wicka's working on the engine for your next car. I hear it works great in the lab

He's got as far as notepad, lab is the next step

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

It�s gonna be a Lego tire

Out of a bin

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

Wow, what a pussy. Won�t even do the full ban.

Again the Toxx is devalued.. do it properly 1500qp, eat a bin tyre or get banned

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Pirate Radar posted:

This would end with him crafting a tyre out of dumpster scraps from a Shoprite, racing it once to prove it�s a tire, and then eating it, which I 100% approve of

I'd Toxx myself against that

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's cool though I like League more than Union.
6 Nations and Union World Cup, league doesn't even come close to those events

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

If you are Canadian and upset about the fact that the federal government was implicitly aware that their own citizen was being tortured by their greatest ally and decided to settle the lawsuit from that citizen then please PM me and I will personally reimburse you the roughly 32 cents in tax dollars it cost you so you can shut the gently caress up about it and never mention it again.

If you are Canadian and don't think Lance Stroll is amazing and a national treasure then you can gently caress off.

Stop drinking

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Anticipating this, should be a good poo poo show

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

poo poo rag newspaper the sun with one of Lewis's Ex's... who knew he was an 'strange character'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5335613/lewis-hamilton-ex-reveals-cruel-side-hunger-for-threesomes/

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

I'd rather gently caress Lewis Hamilton than read YouTube comments

Better not poo poo in his toilet though

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

What? gently caress off Liberty. gently caress off America. It'll be exactly like the intro to USGP. gently caress, I hate them so much. No, YOU shut up, wicka!

Also, Ferrari has confirmed Feb 22nd 2018 and they're the only ones so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the lower teams launch first for the publicity

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Spam fritters rocked, well when I was at school, eons ago

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

It's almost like he's advertising his hair line has gone

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

Counterpoint: it's a four-wheeled holocaust

Looks fine to me for it's purpose, the look probably puts you off as it's not open wheel, almost a hybrid of Le mans and F1,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

'Chicks' only being seen in F1 as objects to be leered at is a very visible sign of the entrenched sexism in motorsports, and taking a stand on it is worth doing, even though there are worse things happening. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

F1 teams have been doing a good job getting better representation of women in all departments (except on track so far), and having 1950s 'glamour' is just a bit pathetic and out of date

Grid kids it is! Look forward to Spa then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIepzJg_aU

• Locked thread