Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The logo looks OK, except for this...

Khablam posted:

They made the new logo to make the "digital" marketing better.
Only, when you look at it at a reduced size (read: every way of seeing it on mobile) it just looks like the letter n

It's objectively poor. Not that it actually matters all too much, but it is.

But it doesn't bother me. What actually looks like junk is the space-typewriter font they tossed below it. Not only is it fugly on its own, but it really really doesn't go with the logo.

I have a KFC up the street from me, and when the wind blows south, we can smell it down the whole street. I haven't had it in like 10 years though, because most of the KFCs in the city (ironically not that one) are squeezed in with a Taco Bell and I'm not getting fuckin KFC when I can get tacos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm rooting for Renault and FI.

Sorry, friend, there seems to be some confusion. FI is the name of the whole sport's organization, not a team. It's right there in the logo.

Carth Dookie posted:

I would like the 355 hard top, and hold the flappy paddle gearbox, before throwing it in the trash where it belongs please.

"And two Rogers don't make a right! A-haw, a-haw, a-hawwww!"

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Hold on a sec... Is the Petrobras deal in conjunction with Renault, and Mobil1 on the way out with Honda? I can't remember which lubrications go with which engine manufacturers except Petronas and Merc. And was Mobil1 really behind the curve in their performance like was claimed? Because if Petrobras is an improvement in that department, and if the Renault can manage to be better than the grenade-waiting-to-happen Honda power unit, then I might be starting to get my hopes up. Does Petrobras do development with Renault? Are they the supplier for the factory team too?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'm sensing a distinct lack of synergy in these pairings.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

The F1 Torque font is the best poo poo anyone related to this dumb sport has ever done.

It looks like Star Wars or something. I don't know what it is... I'm generally OK with it, I just don't like the "M".

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

This adequately depicts my excitement for the 2018 season.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

i want my old skull av black, please

Weeping Grosjean is now and will forever be how you are represented on these internet forums. Next up: username change to DoctorGrossjeans.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

keevo posted:

Thank god, no more trophies that are shaped like a piece of poo poo.

The Lewis trophy has been redesigned already?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The Unfetered One posted:

Bobby K may not have been a driver that set the field alight, but as it is he is great PR for the circus that is F1 at the moment.
Imagine F1 having the first disabled driver since Massa retired, will firmly cement the Williams team as a team of equality champions.

Great for F1 PR, great for Williams PR, and great for disability/serious injury to take a back seat.

tl;dr its all a publicity stunt

If true, it's still a more believable and deserving publicity driver than Carmen "LOL" Jorda was.

OK, what actually is the deal with Kubica's arm? That gif made it look like the hand doesn't have any mobility. I just assumed that it was all still functioning, just reduced in strength and range of motion kind of.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

I'd take Danica Patrick over Jorda any day.

Michelle Mouton over both, but that goes without saying.

yeah, I have more respect for Danica, because she is legit out there racing with the good old boys, and as much as she's not likely a top contender, she (as far as I can remember) has put in some good drives. She's the most well known female driver, and has been at it a long time, so she's more than a one shot publicity stunt. There are certainly male drivers with seats who are worse than her. Jorda is smoking hot and slow as poo poo. Moulton is still the alpha lady-driver that all little girl racers should aspire to, kicking rear end and taking names in her day.

Pierogi posted:

WTF! Are you in alternate reality?

Today's times, but don't talk about them with Williams, please!

Looks like Kube is running very respectably, especially looking at the # of laps, even though, yes, we can't really tell anything concrete about this. I didn't know the full limitations of his injury, and it's even more impressive (and scary too maybe?) that he's able to manage competitive times with that kind of limitation. Also, his Williams is probably almost as much of a handicap, so putting it midpack is quite decent.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

:toxx: ban DrGonzo if Ferrari don't win the 2018 WDC AND WCC :toxx:

Don't make his toxx a ban, make it a name change to DoctorGrossjeans.

Wirth1000 posted:

From the article:

Hamilton said that not missing out on other things he wants to do in life was brought in to reality by the recent death of an aunt.

"My auntie died from cancer and on her last day she said, 'I've worked every day with the plan of stopping one day and doing all these different things, and then I ran out of time.' So I'm battling with that in my mind.

"So I do live my life day-by-day and try to live it to the maximum. So that's what I'm fighting with – I want to keep racing but there are these other things I want to do. I want my cake and I want to eat it. I just want to make sure I choose the right time, but I think I will."

Lewis, your job is to fly around the world to exotic locations to get pampered and race fast cars, while you get paid millions of dollars. You're not exactly working the night shift on an assembly line for minimum wage. What, exactly is this keeping you away from?

EDIT: Oh, and also... you're 32 years old. Just for perspective.

#Ithoughtyouwereblessed?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

A man’s gotta live by a code.

I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less... I'm free.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

I think it's a bit different given his job here. He knows his day job has a non-trivial risk of death compared to other jobs, and he by this point has enough money saved up that he could probably live comfortably for a few lifetimes. Will he? Probably not. Maybe once he loses his edge he might, but until then he's chasing Schumi's WDC record.

Yeah, it could be this. But somehow I think he's not so much concerned about dying than he is missing out on celebrity parties and stuff. I do think he'd love to break Schumacher's WDC record, but I don't think he'll get there. At least I hope.

learnincurve posted:

He might just want to sit on a beach somewhere with his dogs smoking massive amounts of weed while designing gently caress ugly clothes and making terrible music no one will ever hear.

I think this, alternating with my previous "celebrity party" theory and we've nailed it.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Holy poo poo, almost 1,000 lb ft of torque!? drat, I'm impressed.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Ferrari:

More than you can afford, pal.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Powershift posted:

I should also mention that a bunch of you foreign dudes should figure out how to pirate TSN from Canada for the next 8 days, because the Roar of the Rings is on and it's gonna be a straight up beat down brawl from start to finish. I'm betting it's going to be Homan on the women's side, and Gushue on the men's.

Going to be easily 10 times more exciting than F1 in Abu Dhabi

This is true. If you haven't tuned in to see some attractive ladies sweeping and yelling "Hard! Hard!" then just lol at your life choices.

Also, an all-black F1 car sounds good in theory, but in practice is a visual black hole and not fun to look at.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

Renault just hired an FIA employee who knows intricate details about every team's designs and we've already forgotten

Norns posted:

I'm okay with another team cheating for a while. Especially when Fernando Alonso is getting those engines

Me too. It's too bad they're still going to gently caress it all up somehow anyway.

God, someone just kill him please.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

You should just be Perma banned for even posting this

You mean Prema banned?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

I just use them for track days.

...bro.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

There's no other way you're going to have a turbo engine allowed with this amount of freedom of design. The FIA would be scared to poo poo that the power figures would skyrocket like they did in the 80s. It's the best solution to putting a power cap on a turbo engine that's available within the confines of reality that isn't some really crude blunt instrument.

F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport!*

*may include arbitrary constraints to slow down cars, randomly enforced rules, multiple tire choices which are all bad, whiny bitch drivers, cheating, distinct advantages for some teams, inflexible rules ensuring other teams can't catch up, and Poois Shamilton.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

The fuel flow thing is literally the best idea they've had for organically managing engine power levels in decades. The fact that thermal efficiency for these engines has gradually climbed above 50% shows that it's working while still encouraging development.

I don't want to disagree with this. I just want them to increase the limit. Give the cars more power. How did they decide that this current level is "enough" in what's supposed to be the most exciting car race series in the world. Why not increase, even by like 5% a year and see where that takes us? It won't result in immediate monster uncontrollable cars, or too-fast-to-corner-safely issues, or grenades-on-wheels. Actually, now I think that this is a genius idea. Why aren't we doing this? F1 can claim "more power, faster cars!" every year, and can plan ahead to at least a few years of steady increases before they have to pull it back a bit. Let's make this happen, worst thread!

Hell, give teams the option during qualifying to use 110% of the limit for the race. In any case, sitting at this "safe" level is boring as gently caress.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nobody is talking about "enforcing parity through attrition".

Plot twist... for every race you win, you MUST increase the output of your engine 10%. The next race that you don't win, it goes back to baseline.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

We're already breaking lap records every second race and these things are above 1000bhp in qualifying. Exactly how much more power do you want?

Just more. More is better. Give the cars more power until they become either unstable or unmanageable. And then in the case of the latter, get better drivers.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

N: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-f1-chief-hasegawa-to-leave-role-in-overhaul-986597/

V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg&t=256s

E: Whoa, they're splitting his job into two roles and one of them is being filled by a guy from HPD.

"Hasegawa leaves role in F1 engine development"

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Also make sure you have a pair of goggles and a "driving scarf" to go with that luggage rack.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

I have the requisite handwear sorted. White silk scarf and goggles prepped for shipping.

No knuckle holes? Jesus, what a scrub. I hope you don't gently caress up your goggles and gloves on this level.

Theophany posted:

Cheese, tomato, eggs, and butter.

Cheese, tomato, eggs and butter.

I mean, just say it out loud. Why would you audibly pause before the 'and' unless you have asthma or are developmentally challenged?

Jesus... that says "cheese, tomato, eggzandbutter". I shouldn't be surprised, based on your driving glove choice and Stroll support. Srtollport. Don't be Strollporters, kids. Stay in school.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

Great posting today y'all

You know what... I went back into the watch thread today for the first time in over a year, and I had to leave after like 2 pages of truly awful opinions. I think that we might not be the worst thread anymore. Try harder, please.

Falken posted:

TIL NASCAR cars are made by god himself.

e: wait, what are gods pronouns?

Holy poo poo... this was so much better than I hoped for. Peaked at "Lord I wanna thank you for my smokin' hot wife" then doubled down and knocked my socks off with "In Jesus' name, boogity boogity boogity"

:perfect:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Dear baby Jesus, thank you for bin tires that aren't worn down to the cords yet, love 1500quid.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

You should make 6 min eggs and put them in your ghetto ramen

1500quidporsche posted:

I've done 4 once and I almost vomited. 3 is the max, normally I just go with two had have some toast on the side.

I've been trying to find a way using an Oxford comma would have fixed that situation.

Can the wealthy retirees ITT start a charitable fund that provides tires to poor karters in need? Some of us are literally using other peoples trash. It's the automotive equivalent of this.

Oh, and was Frankie Muniz actually a poo poo driver? I remembered hearing that he quit acting to do racing, which was his real interest, and I thought "hey, good for him, cool dude". But if it turns out he was just another garbageman buying a seat then I take it back.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

Get this. My girlfriend went to order me some stuff from the McLaren team store given they are having a fire sale of literally everything. She ordered one of those grey team “set up tees” that Nando and Stoff wear around the paddock and in interviews etc. The package arrived this morning and guess what the gently caress McLaren ended up mailing her - a loving Mercedes AMG Petronas LH 44 Polo shirt :wtc:

Like, how the gently caress did McLaren have that on hand and mail it?

LOL, perfect. I might be in for a Sauber coffee mug and Grosjean flag in the near future with the right dice roll!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

So is that it for the Kubica hopes, or is the Sirotkin "news" just the recent speculation?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Oh well, it may have been too much to hope for I guess. But yeah, gently caress Williams. It seems kind of tacky, seeing pay drivers in the (arguably) upper tier teams. Like in Sauber or Haas or whatever it doesn't stand out as much, but in a team that want to be seen as a WCC contender it's pretty sad.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/video-button-senna-mclaren-honda-motegi-987602/

This is great for when they're driving in the SuperGT car and they're doing the driver swap and Jenson comes back to specifically tell Vandoorne to slip teh clutch when pulling away as the car is difficult to pull off initially.... Stoffel either didn't hear him or just ignored him and stalled 3 times in a row lol

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/video/main-gallery/lewis-hamilton-i-m-grateful-i-haven-t-won-six-championships-102071/

What an insufferable clown. Disclaimer: I couldn't bear to watch the full 8 minutes or whatever it was.

Death Stranding looks weird.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The best series of superhero films ever made is the Raimi Spider-Man films, even the third one.

This opinion should be punishable by death.

1500quidporsche posted:

Bad Boys ruled. It was an awesome film.

Now THIS is a good opinion.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

I just wanna go back to this post for a moment because it is easily the most correct opinion this thread has ever produced.

*desire to do "evil" dance intensifies*

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Rock is a loving awesome movie. Sean Connery was James Bond in that movie right? I heard/read it somewhere.

I never thought I'd agree with a DoctorGonzo post... but, well, there it is. DrG, are you still OK with it even after the "you just hosed up your #forzaferrari" part?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The Unfetered One posted:

gently caress this dead gay thread

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Someone photoshop Hasegawa and Stroll heads on to Rizzoli & Isles and the odd couple, pls.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

This thread is the "The Legend of Frosty The Snowman" of threads. Truly, deeply unlikable, offensive to anyone unfortunate enough to notice it, and seemingly goes on and on with no discernible plot or redeeming features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Nk_4Xg8r8

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Merry Christmas? :confused:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I don't even hate this one that much. It was for a Christmas party or something, right...?

track day bro! posted:

Your Dan can gently caress off!

Lol @ all the lil qq babies ITT qq'ing about the one armed pole who would get demolished at a stroll by Canadian legend Lance Stroll

What's a qq? Is that like a cuck? Or a catfish? My internetting is out of date.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

“Brenter me,” she moaned

:five:

Theophany posted:

That's some thought beyond the usual 'assfucked by a giant dildo with a beard' sub-genre of ridiculous erotica I am mildly aware of.

Political fanfic erotica. The best kind of erotica.

learnincurve posted:

Nothing says sexy like shivering Russian girls holding placards and dressed up like white teabags in a Tilke designed Stasi camp.

Don't stop, I'm almost there. Can you incorporate Theresa May?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Formula E should have both male and female grid sex robots imo

Wait, would the robots having to stop and switch chassis halfway through intercourse ruin the intimacy?

Um... asking for a friend.

• Locked thread