Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hobo Erotica posted:

It's still November wtf

Give it 4 hours or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hobo Erotica posted:

A lot of people saying that, many people, great people. Very great.

Many bigly people. Most good.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Premature thread creation.

Much like our upcoming election. And several recent elections.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
He should have been made to eat them all in one sitting as part of a court order.

"You can have one diet coke to wash it down. A small one."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

cheese-cube posted:

It's the "Melbourne Cup morning prior to guzzling 12 champagne flutes, shouting racial slurs at anyone not white and eventually getting into a physical altercation with security and/or the police" look.

Oh that's just her every day look.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

#Pray4Tim

1 Quote = 1 Prayer.

Oh come on. I can only link TISM's Denial Works For Me so many times before I sound like a stuck record.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Everything Caleb Bond does is obsessive and creepy so it can't be helped coming through when he is mentioned.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AgentF posted:

Looks like yet another loving way for the Liberals to subvert democracy. The only time I ever hear about the AAT is when they stuff it with yet another Liberal staffer or functionary. Is there any chance in the world that this body is making non-partisan, objective decisions?

Lol what do you think?

No. The answer is no.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/dec/02/adani-group-china-construction-bank-wont-grant-loan-pr-firm-says

*snaps fingers*

Darn.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Uh.

Does he need a dermatologist or a cardiologist?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol at watching television

I haven't owned an antenna cable for my TV in well over a decade. It's just a barely used movie screen on the rare days when I pop in a blu-ray or something.

Seriously doubt the commercial stations are being honest with their advertisement space buyers about their viewership numbers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The best use for TVs is as props for staged YouTube videos where an angry dad/whatever smashes a console & TV with a sledgehammer.

Or for getting knocked over by someone with a Wii-something or VR-something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Depressing

I had no idea that there were Aboriginal people still not being recognised as citizens in the 60's.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/dec/05/australias-citizenship-saga-uncovers-gut-wrenching-stories-for-indigenous-mps

Man you should read up on more of the history most of Australia never talks about. It gets your blood boiling. I didn't know one iota of it until I did some reading as an adult.

I'll get you started: the wage theft topic as it pertains to indigenous Australians. It gets worse as you consider the inter generational impact and lost future opportunities for their families that carries on to this day.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 5, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

Had a JBHifi page up to buy the wife a Fitbit for chrimbo, from before amazon launched - $189

Amazon launched in aus, their price $137

refresh page - JB Hifi "Red hot deal" $137

:thunk:

Noice.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Halo14 posted:

Hmmm, starting to see a few of these "Aren't Aussie Banks great?" ads on tv lately. All 4 major banks feature in them. Wonder why I've never seen them before...

I saw one on YouTube today during lunch at work (since no adblocker installed). It was a comically obvious bit of empty propaganda.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Convince people to like the big banks seems like one of those challenges on the Gruen Transfer.

"We brainstormed and couldn't come up with anything serious so we used CGI to represent literal bags of gold being thrown to the cheering masses by a leprechaun. Then everyone took turns shaking the hand of a smirking white haired executive in an expensive grey suit and patting him/her on the back."

"The ad ends with the leprechaun stealing the firstborn of every household as partial repayment."

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 5, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't work up any indignation because The Australian but it's definitely amusing.

When things go bad they eat each other :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Senor Tron posted:

I think you'll find that teaching that is a betrayal of our glorious British heritage. Why would we teach kids about that stuff that happened all those decades ago when we could instead teach them about the 19th century monarchy?

Said Tony Abbot as he was being knighted by Prince Sir Phillip and the Queen. Then he woke up, the picture of Malcolm still stuck to the centre of his well used dartboard opposite the bed as Peta stirred beside him.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Toll having nothing but automated picking systems can't come soon enough from a PR perspective.

Or at least some kind of policy where you have to hand the shirt back if you leave your job for whatever reason.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Can you get done for writing a story about a child?

You can get done for anything if the relevant legislation is written accordingly.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Yeah so what I was asking was what the relevant legislation said was allowed or not when it comes to depicting children and another poster answered the question roundly, idiot.

Well as you said I'm just an idiot. Good thing you told me or I'd never have figured it out. Whew!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bandaid.friend posted:

Labor wanted to refer nine more, but now the Liberals are saying Labor's too focused on the citizenship thing and Labor's trying to delay the SSM bill which the government is very enthusiastic about

If only they could somehow find time in the day to do both at once.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

You'd think he could at least afford a jacket that fits.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

why would a libertarian vote no?

head of the anticharity commission has been named

That's the first time I've ever heard of a "cash cow" used to describe a recipient of money rather than a source. Ignoring any accuracy or validity of the claim, if I wanted to be vulgar I'd use derogatory terms like sponge, leech, black hole, leaner, parasite etc.

Not surprised that the economy is going to the shitter with IPA people leading the charge if they don't even understand how basic cash flow works.

If I was an IPA member I'd call a "good well paying job" (thanks Hockey you fat incompetent gently caress) that you get for being a club member as a "cash cow". Let me rephrase that actually, I'd call it "money for jam" and the position for mates the "cash cow".

^^^^ Touche

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

Abbott remains a tremendous coward.

Dutton and Morrison voted yes, there goes any right faction backing

I still wish Abbot followed through his threat to shirtfront Putin, an actual dangerous person, just so the world could see him get his rear end handed to him by a Russian mafia crime boss.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Brutalism is an excellent style of architecture.

:colbert:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Put Daisy in a Magdalene Laundry and have Peta Credlin as the abusive nun threatening to break her arm.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

drunkill posted:

The Liberals love coal because it is the only thing Santa ever gave them.

Also because coal fired power plants are new fangled technology in the same historical period their core ideology comes from.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Yeah, and so what? Andrew Robb is making more money than Dastyari. China and USA are playing geopolitics here, we're just the banana republic in between.

A satellite state in a binary orbit between the USA and China.

Mostly the USA but you never know what the future holds I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

As you may have noticed the ABC is a victim of regulatory capture by the IPA and Murdoch.

I mean that's it. There's nothing deeper to analyse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Confirming what a lot of people suspected, I think.

Take away point is while sales are falling the corporate body overlords are making higher profits than ever. Hmm I wonder where squeezed that money from?

*watches another bankrupt franchisee walk away from a failed franchise store they bought because the books were cooked*

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 9, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

I have never made a purchase at donut king or heard of anyone but you making a purchase at donut king. I imagine buying that franchise and not using it as a front to move ice is a super dumb business move.

Yeah I never got into donuts. You can get the same result with a bag of brown sugar and a teaspoon. Nobody is every going to convince me they are some kind of delicacy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pocket Billiards posted:

Regional prices going up. I know it's not significant, but is it a sign that millennials are increasingly turning to regional investment properties as a stepping stone into absurd Sydney/Melbourne market?

My first thought in response to yours was foreign investors.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

It's a good thing that hackers only like things on twitter these days and don't care about things like your credit card or banking details.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Metropolitan Fire Brigade alarm system audit of about 25 significant buildings in the city has found about half of buildings checked were not connected to the brigade.

Sources close to the fire service say it is suspected rogue building operators are routinely unlinking fire alarms in an attempt to avoid call-out fees…

Sources say the practice of disabling alarms has increased in recent years…

I can't believe the systems aren't snap audited by the fire department once a year specifically to stop this.

Or do they already and it degraded that much over one calendar year? Because that would be something worth investigating.

trump lover posted:

yeah people commute from newy to sydney all the time

i worked with a lady who'd been commuting from cardiff to sydney cbd to work at david jones (!) five days a week for forty-eight years (!!)

Years ago when I lived in Sydney for a couple years I used to watch the Newcastle express zoom into the Sydney CBD while waiting for my own train. This was very early in the morning.

Every time I thought "gently caress that, those poor bastards".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dude McAwesome posted:

Properties are audited yearly to check that the keys given by the property managers still work and that the fire indicator panels and alarm signalling equipment are serviceable.

Also that any fitted systems have been maintained. (Which the maintenance company is responsible for doing, not the brigade).

The MFB wasn’t charging for false alarms for a few years while they were in dispute with the union. It cost the brigade hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars a year in lost fines. And because no one was paying fines they also weren’t bothering to maintain their systems, which saved them cash two times over.

Now that the brigade is charging for false alarms again, and owners/property managers are having to pay fines they’re responding to that by disconnecting their systems?

:cripes:

Find those responsible and make them do community service, specifically doing frontline work in an actual bushfire. Hell toss in some free bonus CBRN training. Everyone loves that.

Also fine the poo poo out of the body corporate.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tomberforce posted:

This is weird reading given that I'm on the verge of buying a place near Castlemaine and I didn't realise at all it was such a thing. I just have family there!

You must have forgone a lot of smashed avocados. I hope you get to enjoy them again soon, in a few more years.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

A conversation with my brother makes me wonder; how hosed is the country? Apparently all the shearers are in their 60s and no one knows how to replace them. Of course, I grew up in the country and no one had any interest in teaching me how to shear, same with my brothers. Nobody thinks of the future out there, and then they wonder why they're so hosed.

There are no shearers because aside from those 2-3 weeks a year when they're needed there isn't any work. So the young leave looking for a place with income and a future.

So pretty hosed I guess. It's been in steady decline for a long time and nothing is going to change that. If anything automation and drone machinery will just be the nails in the coffin.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

trump lover posted:

luckily the secret to revitalising the country is already at our fingertips: generous and well-planned investment in public schooling and tafe! ahahaha

We'll have all those farm robots and delivery drones coming up for retirement and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Hating on the vegepop is unaustralian

Vegemite paddle pop is a debasement of Australian culture. Any true Aussie would hate it and loudly so.

Unless the ice cream filling replaced all sugar with yet more salt. And it was dusted with slightly burned toast crumbs.

• Locked thread