Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

virgin cuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i pine for the days when men could do extremely normal poo poo like walking up to each of the women at a work christmas function and telling them they are “particularly dazzling, radiant, beautiful, and sexy”

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

You can enjoy Wagner, he was never a Nazi as he died in 1883. Nazis did enjoy the poo poo out of his music though and appropriated his work.

he had some Problematic opinions about jews to put it mildly

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the government lost another vote in the house of reps due to their MPs being absent

can you imagine the response if Gillard had hosed up even half as much as Turnbull and his whips have?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

none of you actually thought there'd actually be consequences from politicians loving up their jobs, did you?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

Everyone attacking the ability to re-hold a vote is out of line. If the rule didn't exist you'd have all sorts of stupid loving hijinks as MPs try to get people blocked or trick people into not attending. You can't just have a vote and go that's that when it's not representative and the representatives that weren't there want to be heard on the issue.

loving sucks that it's refugees, but it could just as easily be the other side in 2 years getting hosed over by Liberal dirty pool on the same topic.

i doubt labor would be as susceptible to parliamentary ratfucking as the libs, because if there’s one thing the gillard minority government showed it’s that the alp has their parliamentary business locked down.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

uh, why

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the greens amendment would have removed the provision for existing civil celebrants to register as ‘religious’ civil celebrants and thereby gain the right to refuse solemnising gay marriages, iirc

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

gently caress i hate parliament

how much of taxpayers money has been spent - disregarding the survey - on letting these dipshits hold their weeks-long circus before passing marriage equality?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Periphery posted:

This, but for every bill. As if debating bills in the house actually changes anyone's voting intentions. The whole thing is just a giant wankfest for a bunch of self serving fuckheads.

agreed, why the gently caress are politicians given free rein to give a speech on everything

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

reading the tea leaves, dutton is absolutely going to challenge turnbull. why else would he vote yes but to try and court the moderates

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

tbf adam is v. small

smol, cute boy whom do a politic

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

brutalism, are we talking about architecture or my dang alimony payments here, folks

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

how is it a personal attack to point out that ashby is utterly incompetent

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

should i buy a house in canberra or not. this investment poo poo sucks rear end and i hate it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol if the crusade against Dastyari ends up with Turnbull losing the prime ministership due to a 10 point by election swing because of wechat

this would be the perfect end to the year, cmon chinese tories, let your nationalism triumph over your conservatism

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The Turnbull government has appointed an academic who has argued that recognising religious freedom should include acceptance of a limited form of sharia law to the Ruddock review.

this framing is pretty gross to me. religious freedom includes all religions, not just the “normal” ones. this isn’t newsworthy.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh I agree, I might have misread BBJoeys tone when I thought they were criticising quoting the article in here rather than the way the article itself presents the issue.

sorry, my issue was with to the way it’s being reported in the media, not the way it was quoted or presented in this thread.

if the media is going to start writing stories about the dangers of religious freedom, maybe they should rerun the pieces about how priests are explicitly allowed to disregard the requirement to report the admission of a criminal act made in confession. it’s even more relevant given the handing down of the royal commission report. but hey i’m not one of the colossal geniuses that are part of the australian media so what do i know.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

breath of the wild won game of the year

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the catholic church’s response to the royal commission is nauseating

denis hart, melbourne archbishop, has said he would not break the confessional seal if someone admitted child abuse to him; he fears excommunication more than failing to report a child sex offender to the police. love that moral authority

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cleretic posted:

BotW worst Zelda game, fight me. I'll win because I actually have an arsenal of interesting gadgets.

i’m not going to fight you, i’m just going to pity you

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wint candle tweet, except instead of candles it’s super mario, probably some other changes to set up the joke, idk you get the idea

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

brandis lived through a row with the solicitor general and colluding with WA to waste taxpayer dollars but the one thing he couldn’t survive politically was standing up to pauline hanson

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

do these guys not know of the nazi position on neurodiversity or

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Kafka Syrup posted:

Obviously the ACT Labor/Greens governing coalition could not possibly be replicated anywhere else because every other state Labor party is hosed.

this analysis is dangerous because it suggests that ACT labor isn’t hosed, when it absolutely is. ACT labor has been successful in spite of being just as hosed as other state labor parties because the liberals have barely any base in canberra.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Kafka Syrup posted:

The Canberra Liberals are somehow more hosed than Liberals elsewhere. They're swinging more and more to the Christian Right, despite their entire voter base in Canberra being either upper class NIMBY types (being picked up by the Greens very rapidly) or anti-establishment "gently caress the system" types (being picked up by the Sex Party and probably One Nation at the next election).

Yeah, the only explanation i can think of is that their strategist is an ALP plant because the right wing of Canberra is not a large well to draw from.

A vaguely centrist liberal party would probably romp it in in Canberra just because after more than a decade of single party rule the feckless swing voters get restless for change, but the ACT liberals’ only policy positions seem to be 1) we hate trams 2) we hate diversity.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol turns out the two ex-ministers barnaby forced onto the backbench in yesterday’s reshuffle aren’t particularly pleased and are making rumblings about defecting

i don’t expect anything to come from it because as we all know the nationals have even less of a spine than turnbull but i appreciate the good work barnaby is doing as deputy pm to assist turnbull in destroying the lnp

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tithin posted:

Apple products are kinda mediocre tbh, but they appeal hard to the hipster aesthetic of bland, and white.

what do you use instead, a dang anroid

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you would

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

“i support this program but we should remember that some people do not” - another classic jbp contribution to the conversation

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

too bad he’s never gonna get it because nobody likes him in the party

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you actually made it incorrect. popularity outside the party room will not be a factor in the next liberal spill because none of the contenders outside julie bishop are more liked than turnbull; hence why the next pm will be peter dutton.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Schlesische posted:

I don't think Bishop will be a contender unless other people can put your name up unilaterally.
It'll be Dutton v ScoMo and I think Dutton will probably win because he's clearly got so much party room power.

yeah i don’t think she will contest, just wanted to cover my bases in case any of the wretched pedants who haunt my every post pointed out that bishop is broadly more popular than turnbull.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hey buddy the politicians are on break in their respective electorates and the only people left in canberra are the public servants too stupid to apply for leave early.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i wonder how successful the predictable liberal right argument will be in the party room - “well malcolm was a lefty leader and didn’t work, so we need a conservative like dutton to win”

it’s nonsense, but will it fly? we’ll see

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

my family is cool, they’re all at least moderately left and my aunt used to be a card carrying member of the communist party

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

GoldStandardConure posted:

/Bullet Train for Australia.

god bless

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

'We want people to do thing, but gently caress teaching them to do thing, they should just learn how to do thing in their own time and money. Welp, I guess we have to import people and pay them way less'.

Like, how many industries is it?

literally all of them, employers loving suck rear end, even huge multinational mega corps expect the government and individuals to pay for 100% of training

the really clever ones manage to make money off it too; see, for example, large businesses setting up an in-house training organisation and making it mandatory for employees to undertake training. the employees have to take out a loan to pay for the privilege of being trained by their employer, the government subsidises the loan and also pays the employer for being such a good corporate citizen and upskilling australians, and the employer laughs all the way to the bank.

keep in mind, this is with the vet loans scheme that has been fixed so it can’t be rorted

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

finishing 2017 by being humourless pedants, that's auspol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I've been to a beach, and I can confirm they're loving awful. In my family the horror was compounded because we always holiday'd on Fraser Island so the sand NEVER WENT AWAY. Even in bed you couldn't avoid traces of it. Luckily my life has been beach free since Easter 2007. (I'm not counting beach adjacent activities like eating at a restaurant next to a beach or on a pier or something, or the time I drove from Brisbane to Coolangatta to try the first Messina that opened in Queensland; just actually needing to come into contact with sand.)

source your quotes

• Locked thread