Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1773366323491262746

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
israel is defunding orthodox schools

====

Provisional decision by the Israeli Supreme Court on the conscription law

Israel’s Supreme Court has issued a temporary order to prevent the transfer of budgets to religious schools whose students do not attend recruitment, starting next April.

Haaretz had quoted a letter sent by Israeli government judicial adviser Gali Bhrav Miara to Israel’s Supreme Court that the recruitment of haredious religious people should begin from the beginning of next month.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31593;&%231583;

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

do your nukes even work

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

do your nukes even work
france is one of the countries where i'd bet their nukes working, since they also have a massive civilian nuke sector lol

also, funny how this whole "rules based order" dissolved as soon as a us ally was hinted at having rules apply to them lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The UN Security Council has made its decision; now let them enforce it

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

america wants other people to pay for a mercenary army in gaza

=====

Pentagon holds talks to fund peacekeeping mission in Gaza

The Pentagon is holding early talks to fund a peacekeeping mission in the Gaza Strip, in the post-war period, the Politico reported.

The newspaper added that the options presented do not include the presence of US forces on the ground in Gaza, while funding from the Pentagon will be directed towards the needs of security forces and complement the assistance provided by other countries.

This is what they did with Haiti too, trying to arrange Canada to deploy 2 Bns as peacekeepers + RCMP support, then pivoting to Kenya when the government balked.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/UN_News_Centre/status/1773390664039837879

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is what they did with Haiti too, trying to arrange Canada to deploy 2 Bns as peacekeepers + RCMP support, then pivoting to Kenya when the government balked.

gently caress Chretien, he supported that poo poo wholeheartedly.

I'm condensing my general knowledge the West hosed over the Caribbean with the knowledge it is the same everywhere. Except now lol the CAF wouldn't have even the planes to go to Haiti anymore

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

====

Provisional decision by the Israeli Supreme Court on the conscription law

Israel’s Supreme Court has issued a temporary order to prevent the transfer of budgets to religious schools whose students do not attend recruitment, starting next April.

Haaretz had quoted a letter sent by Israeli government judicial adviser Gali Bhrav Miara to Israel’s Supreme Court that the recruitment of haredious religious people should begin from the beginning of next month.

The material realities of war is going to schism Israel

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1773344206263578945

never knew this Uli person was a goddamn D&D start-up guy. feels like a parody of soy nazis

Ramie has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Mar 28, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Isentropy posted:

gently caress Chretien, he supported that poo poo wholeheartedly.

I'm condensing my general knowledge the West hosed over the Caribbean with the knowledge it is the same everywhere. Except now lol the CAF wouldn't have even the planes to go to Haiti anymore

Oh that too but I meant in 2022, the US approached Canada about sending troops to Haiti, which the government tentatively felt out on CBC and in the Globe and Mail.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al-Saqr posted:

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Oh that too but I meant in 2022, the US approached Canada about sending troops to Haiti, which the government tentatively felt out on CBC and in the Globe and Mail.
Left opposition was still trying to coax them in yesterday.

https://twitter.com/KamloopsePub/status/1773011879587467668

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How many more security council resolutions do they have to have before UN peacekeepers are deployed?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

(reminder that france is still geographically relevant)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

keep punching joe posted:

How many more security council resolutions do they have to have before UN peacekeepers are deployed?

n+1, where n=the number of resolutions required to get the US kicked off the security council

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ramie posted:

never knew this Uli person was a goddamn D&D start-up guy. feels like a parody of soy nazis

This just makes them even worse? The crazy cultist religious zealots doing it are still bad but you can sort of see the hosed up logic of why they’re doing it. This guy is just straight up going “Nah, I’m not religious or anything I just really like killing indigenous people and being a colonist” as a pure evil psychopath

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Ramie posted:

'soviet refugee'

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

who?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
"I don't really believe in anything, but free land is free land"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

if you're just going to pretend to be an elf on graph paper anyway why can't you stay home and do it without bothering anyone?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ded redd posted:

'soviet refugee'

mr gorbachev, googoo gaga!

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Shageletic posted:

I was looking at the wiki article for the Rohingya genocide and there it was saying it was 1 million ppl displaced and 25k killed.

Is what is happening in Palesrine the worst atrocity of the 21st C? I'm looking at the numbers and swiftness of it and I'm starting to think yes.

No one really knows what's going on there but northern Ethiopia is an absolute disaster and has been for years.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Penisaurus Sex posted:

No one really knows what's going on there but northern Ethiopia is an absolute disaster and has been for years.

Lol, I’ve been posting about that war for four years in the Middle East/Africa thread. At this point it’s way beyond northern ethiopia, even Oromia is soaked in blood from Abiys drones , Amhara ultranationalists and multiple OLF splinter groups who may or may not be working for Adama or Addis or are just in it for the money. 700k dead in Tigray, 200k dead in Amahara+Oromia so that’s like a cold 1 million over the last past four years.

PawParole has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Mar 28, 2024

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

has literally every country near egypt had a genocide this century?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Real hurthling! posted:

something must be going around (the cia)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

de nile is not just a river in egypt (it's government policy)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

A lot of genocide in De Nile

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Owlbear Camus posted:

genetically modified red cow to bring about the third temple and messiah in israel? 90s airport novel plot rear end geopolitical developments

it's literally the conspiracy from the yiddish policeman's union

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

People in the year 1024 did not have a "European concept of race", what the gently caress are you talking about?

Literally. It's the third act reveal in Yiddish Policeman's Union by Chabon.

lmao finish reading the page before posting

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

I don’t see what Egypt has to do with that but Jordan and Chad I don’t believe had genocides this century.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

PawParole posted:

Lol, I’ve been posting about that war for four years in the Middle East/Africa thread. At this point it’s way beyond northern ethiopia, even Oromia is soaked in blood from Abiys drones , Amhara ultranationalists and multiple OLF splinter groups who may or may not be working for Adama or Addis or are just in it for the money. 700k dead in Tigray, 200k dead in Amahara+Oromia so that’s like a cold 1 million over the last past four years.

you're basically the only reason I know about it at all and it's hosed up. ty

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Ramie posted:

This highlights one of the most bizarre tendencies I see from a shocking number of secular Israelis: their insistence that they're not doing this out of any particular sense of fidelity to a cause, or even that they believe in the cause at all, but simply because it's convenient. They seem to think that anyone else presented with the same opportunity to plunder and kill would be equally happy to do it, and that if they show that they're just like you, you'll realize that their crimes are just because they're understandable and not the product of an alien mind muddled by fanaticism.

That this is a normal enough thought for them to share openly and frequently is honestly one of the greatest condemnations of the state of Israeli society I can imagine. A large number of Israelis apparently walk around with the assumption that everyone is a sociopath ready to kill, not for any grand cause, but merely out of personal convenience.

It's no wonder that they're incapable of producing anything with even a minimal degree of cultural merit; they see themselves as isolated individual criminals among a disorganized mass of identical villains, so of course a profound sense of cynicism and sadistic cruelty needs to prevail.

The only thing that seems to anchor the whole mess is their belief that they're uniquely endowed with the right to claim victimhood because of their innate superiority to everyone else. While a lot of Israelis chalk this up to racial or religious destiny, a subset of secular Israelis like this guy seem to take it as being entirely arbitrary or beneath their consideration. They just are superior, and who is anyone to question that? And of course, if one wrong exists in the world, it's the failure of their lessers to submit to them.

I will say this: Israeli culture is perfectly geared to reproducing itself and their national project. It's also an abomination that can't be repaired or coexisted with. Even in comparison to 20th century fascist culture, it's monstrous.

The Easy Rider has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Mar 28, 2024

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

The Easy Rider posted:

This highlights one of the most bizarre tendencies I see from a shocking number of secular Israelis: their insistence that they're not doing this out of any particular sense of fidelity to a cause, or even that they believe in the cause at all, but simply because it's convenient. They seem to think that anyone else presented with the same opportunity to plunder and kill would be equally happy to do it, and that if they show that they're just like you, you'll realize that their crimes are just because they're understandable and not the product of an alien mind muddled by fanaticism.

That this is a normal enough thought for them to share openly and frequently is honestly one of the greatest condemnations of the state of Israeli society I can imagine. A large number of Israelis apparently walk around with the assumption that everyone is a sociopath ready to kill, not for any grand cause, but merely out of personal convenience.

they're right. find replace israeli with liberal here.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
You can watch "The Laughing Man – Confessions of a Murderer" and very easily transpose Siegfried Müller talking about his atrocities in the Congo with Israeli settlers.

They come from a long lineage of European colonialists, that it seems normal to them is the way it would be.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

OH MY BAD posted:

im not a rereg- my old account was Your Weird Uncle but i got locked out cause its tied to an old email and its GBS cause i was in 9th grade. idk who you loving losers think i am but i assure you i am a lone psycho tilting against computer toucher windmills

:bisonyes:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Easy Rider posted:

The only thing that seems to anchor the whole mess is their belief that they're uniquely endowed with the right to claim victimhood because of their innate superiority to everyone else. While a lot of Israelis chalk this up to racial or religious destiny, a subset of secular Israelis like this guy seem to take it as being entirely arbitrary or beneath their consideration. They just are superior, and who is anyone to question that? And of course, if one wrong exists in the world, it's the failure of their lessers to submit to them.

I will say this: Israeli culture is perfectly geared to reproducing itself and their national project. It's also an abomination that can't be repaired or coexisted with. Even in comparison to 20th century fascist culture, it's monstrous.

I would say that this is a trend across End of History Liberalism, it's just most of it is several degrees more removed from the actual cutting edge, so they can better disguise secularly believing themselves to be the masters of the world, and focus on tut tutting and otherwise posturing about the perfected form of human society or whatever.

Zodium posted:

they're right. find replace israeli with liberal here.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This just makes them even worse? The crazy cultist religious zealots doing it are still bad but you can sort of see the hosed up logic of why they’re doing it. This guy is just straight up going “Nah, I’m not religious or anything I just really like killing indigenous people and being a colonist” as a pure evil psychopath

non zero chance he became a west bank settler to avoid being arrested wherever he moved from

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope I live long enough to see people from my own government on trial for genocide.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hope I live long enough to see people from my own government on trial for genocide.

you won’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Looking back, it's amazing that the Nazis fumbled the bag so hard that some of them faced Genocide charges. That's so hard to do when you're white.