Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

idk how else you would describe someone who is attacking you in an active combat zone? anyway i doubt those women and children picked up any guns, they were more likely killed by apache fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
hamas probably killed some people that could charitably be called civilians on oct 7

but almost surely not as many as the idf and rando settlers killed firing indiscriminately at every shadow that day

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

You would never cut it in the idf

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

hamas probably killed some people that could charitably be called civilians on oct 7

prove it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Al! posted:

prove it

no thanks

viva hamas

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Cassian of Imola posted:

I was actually just asking that one guy what he meant but fine: settlers make up what amounts to a paramilitary but I can't really see unarmed old women and kids as anything other than civilians no matter who's using them for what. The commonly understood definition of civilian still allows for civilians to live in places where they shouldn't be living as long as they're not military or members of an organised armed group

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

using definitions to become a liberal

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Al! posted:

prove it

A single slice from the runesword wielded by elite Hamas bladsmen seeks out every baby for 300 miles. You're telling me it wasn't used on oct 7?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

All members of the IDF, past or present, all members of Israeli government, and settlers living in stolen Palestinian homes do not qualify as non-combatants. They are all directly responsible for the brutality inflicted on the Palestinians

All others should be protected and I strongly condemn any attacks on them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
If someone tricks an idiot into posting epic war gore they'll get to share their fate, we don't want that poo poo here.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Iran is just fine with the world seeing egg on Israels face lol. what possible motivation would they have to help clean it off?

US: umm sir, could you let our friend look like they're able to act with impunity?
Iran: no, gently caress you
US: rude!

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

I swear, I don’t know what makes them so brazen to go in another country that you’re visiting as a tourist, and start harassing their people. This is just this week. Do you guys remember the crazy Zionist lady in South Korea? Or the ziotard in Egypt who berated locals by claiming the Sinai belongs to Israel?!
https://x.com/maktoobmedia/status/1780270479472734346?s=46
https://x.com/danillaortiz/status/1778893039517278469?s=46

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Just noticed that Iranian(?) soldier with the dope marching form has an Israeli flag painted(?) on the bottom of his shoe. Is that Photoshop, something he did himself or is it part of the uniform?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

If someone tricks an idiot into posting epic war gore they'll get to share their fate, we don't want that poo poo here.

gore isn't evidence you dipshit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

oh gently caress off im not trying to trick anyone into anything

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CheetoVonTito posted:

I swear, I don’t know what makes them so brazen to go in another country that you’re visiting as a tourist, and start harassing their people.

this is, how you say, the settler's entire deal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the answer is that there havent been any investigations into civilian deaths on october 7, because israel hasnt allowed it. theres no actual way to prove hamas intentionally killed civilians on october 7. if a single independent investigation proves me wrong ill hapily back down, but just saying "people were killed and you know the brown people must have done it" is not enough

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

CheetoVonTito posted:

I swear, I don’t know what makes them so brazen to go in another country that you’re visiting as a tourist, and start harassing their people. This is just this week. Do you guys remember the crazy Zionist lady in South Korea? Or the ziotard in Egypt who berated locals by claiming the Sinai belongs to Israel?!
https://x.com/maktoobmedia/status/1780270479472734346?s=46
https://x.com/danillaortiz/status/1778893039517278469?s=46

They’re stupid spoiled pricks who are used to getting their way wherever they go. Fortunately I don’t think this sort of behavior is going to be put up with for much longer.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8qCnOnztY important news about the conflict in the middle east please click now

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

I think this serves better as a commentary on the barbarism of israel rather than the validity of gunning down child soldiers tbh

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

All members of the IDF, past or present, all members of Israeli government, and settlers living in stolen Palestinian homes do not qualify as non-combatants. They are all directly responsible for the brutality inflicted on the Palestinians

All others should be protected and I strongly condemn any attacks on them

That's not what "non-combatant" means. A soldier who was fighting one minute ago but surrenders, for example, is a non-combatant.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All that matters is that Palestine be free. The freedom of the Palestinians is all I care about.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

platzapS posted:

That's not what "non-combatant" means. A soldier who was fighting one minute ago but surrenders, for example, is a non-combatant.

huh, it seems obvious that it would be, but I didn't know double tapping was a war crime:

quote:

Hors de combat (French: [ɔʁ də kɔ̃ba]; lit. 'out of combat') is a French term used in the laws of war to refer to persons who are incapable of performing their combat duties during war. Examples include persons parachuting from their disabled aircraft, shipwreck survivors, as well as the sick, wounded, detained, or otherwise disabled.

Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions, enemy combatants hors de combat are non-combatants and automatically granted the status of protected persons.

lots of war criminals in the IDF I bet

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

You would never cut it in the idf

Ahahahaha christ

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

drat, all of the people in these pictures think they are supposed to be sick nasty representations of their ultra masc society. it is just a brutal self owns when this is your propaganda

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

huh, it seems obvious that it would be, but I didn't know double tapping was a war crime:

lots of war criminals in the IDF I bet

fun fact: It is illegal/uncouth to shoot a parachuting pilot who bailed out of a wrecked fighter plane, but fine to shoot intentional paratroopers landing normally

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Imo the thread sometimes does this silly thing where nobody is allowed to post war footage and nobody really wants to see it (me included) but then decides that since they haven't seen any Oct 7 civilians get shot it didn't happen. There were a lotta goons saying they'd seen such things at the time, I didn't coz I ain't looking either but I remember Owen Jones talking about the video where they shoot a dad and son or something similar.

It'd be surprising if no civilians had got shot, not coz hamas are "brown people" but because theyr people, civilians tend to get killed in war

They've treated the hostages well once they had em by all credible accounts though and it's pretty clear the IDF friendly fired a bunch of them that didn't get taken then have tried to kill the ones that did ever since

Silly argument anyway coz it doesn't change anything about how Palestine should be free and who the oppressors are (rhymes with shitsrael)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

this mf bumped his Eye Placement slider during character creation, drat

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Al! posted:

the answer is that there havent been any investigations into civilian deaths on october 7, because israel hasnt allowed it. theres no actual way to prove hamas intentionally killed civilians on october 7. if a single independent investigation proves me wrong ill hapily back down, but just saying "people were killed and you know the brown people must have done it" is not enough

*points at israeli declaration that, like corporations, faith in the israel security apparatus has legal personhood"

*whispers*

antisemite

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

madmatt112 posted:

this mf bumped his Eye Placement slider during character creation, drat

What happens if you put your face right up on the scope and just start blasting

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

lumpentroll posted:

would you kill grandma hitler?

my grandma sang about assassinating that n word obama, but i never hated her. i thanked her for her service.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

Imo the thread sometimes does this silly thing where nobody is allowed to post war footage and nobody really wants to see it (me included) but then decides that since they haven't seen any Oct 7 civilians get shot it didn't happen. There were a lotta goons saying they'd seen such things at the time, I didn't coz I ain't looking either but I remember Owen Jones talking about the video where they shoot a dad and son or something similar.

It'd be surprising if no civilians had got shot, not coz hamas are "brown people" but because theyr people, civilians tend to get killed in war

They've treated the hostages well once they had em by all credible accounts though and it's pretty clear the IDF friendly fired a bunch of them that didn't get taken then have tried to kill the ones that did ever since

Silly argument anyway coz it doesn't change anything about how Palestine should be free and who the oppressors are (rhymes with shitsrael)

tristeham posted:

gore isn't evidence you dipshit

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

paul_soccer10 posted:

[b]IK edit: rules rules rules rules updates for Oct 2023

- No saying that civilians dying is good or they deserve it or wishing for civilian death. "All settlers are combatants" as an argument is not a way to work around this. You can make this kind of argument as a politics point, but you can't then use it to be bloodlusty against people who are not acting as active combatants.

please remember to follow the rules

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
i disagree with al because in a chaotic situation like a firefight and attempted kidnapping, its highly possible that noncombatants were killed, but i 10000% agree that anyone making the positive claim that hamas killed people on oct 7 should have to prove it, without using israeli or us sources.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i think hamas probably shot a load of armed settlers but armed settlers aren't civilians. Also from what I heard the settlers got into gun fights with both IDF forces AND each other

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

please remember to follow the rules

It seemed like malleum's post was making the political point without bloodlust?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont think kids in military training are active combatants and i most especially do not want cspam host discussions on whether its okay to kill child soldiers or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

but dont worry i have not queued up any stronger punishments