Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

It's nice to wake up to some good news

d2i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Looking at mainstream coverage of this is making my blood boil. Just wall to wall support of Israel's openly genocidal poo poo. loving hell. Decades and decades of pure evil that violates every human right and the west doesn't just accept it but supports it. I hope Hezbollah, Iran and others do what's right.

d2i
d2a

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Honest Thief posted:

The EU is barely a project aligned with its values anymore

The EU is a fascist project so this horror is very much aligned with its values

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Nix Panicus posted:

Hamas: Massacres a bunch of ravers congregating in the landing zone for their assault
Israel: Flattening entire city blocks and cutting off food and water to millions

I dunno, its hard to tell whose worse here. I really think Hamas crossed a line and now I just can't support them

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Stereotype posted:

this all seems bad but I haven’t been paying attention for the past decade at least nor am I really paying attention now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off then

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

HallelujahLee posted:

i mean its true the un isnt going to do anything

Yeah I don't know why people pretend the UN is relevant in any way. It's always been a toothless organization and all it can do is release strongly worded statements and wag its finger.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Zodium posted:

that's right.

the possible outcomes seem to be:
- no out way is found, and israel genocides the palestinians.
- some way out is found, and israel ethnically cleanses palestine.
- israel is defeated and apartheid is ended by force of arms.

the core's material support for the former two outcomes and visceral opposition to the third is, at this point, essentially indistinguishable from nazism.

Yeah after the west immediately went into 1000% genocidal bloodlust mode after the attack, it became crystal clear they're all nazis lusting for the death of the global south. I suppose that's always been the case but now there's zero doubt.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

VoicesCanBe posted:

The implications here are pretty dire

Western liberals over the last couple of years especially are becoming increasingly comfortable with genocidal rhetoric, and mass death more broadly. We saw a lot of this towards Russia, we're seeing it now toward Palestine, and while it's not as far along yet we see this toward China. Armenia too, recently, though this was expressed as indifference rather than outright bloodlust.

Climate change is resulting in a surge of refugees who have no choice but to flee increasingly intolerable conditions; some estimates place the numbers as high as hundreds of millions by mid-century. And Western audiences are priming themselves mentally for accepting either the mass death of such refugees and perhaps even outright slaughter at this massive scale. All of this, instead of reckoning with the conscious decisions made by the colonial powers of the last 400 years which created these conditions. They're choosing mass slaughter over reparations.

:smith:

It's going to be incredibly grim.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

mcmagic posted:

"restraint" instead of "ceasefire"

pathetic.

All the ostensibly "progressive" people in the congress are useless sacks of poo poo and will do the empire's bidding when push comes to shove. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

fanfic insert posted:

free al-saqr

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Nix Panicus posted:

Incidentally, I stand with Palestine and Hamas and believe the genocidal oppressor state of Israel should be destroyed, and I do not condemn any of the violence Hamas has enacted against their jailers. Casting off their chains is a messy, brutal affair and Israel has only itself to blame for the violence. Every single death is unequivocally the fault of Israel.

Exactly. Anyone who defends Israel's multi-decade reign of genocidal terror is a sick freak.

Free Palestine, free Al-Saqr, DTI and :d2a:

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

gangtag when

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

lol at "day of jihad" all hamas asked for was solidarity with the plight of the palestinians, but western psychos immediately turned that into an excuse to do hate crimes against brown people

loving demon crackers

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

I'm struggling to find words to describe how incredibly evil and monstrous all this is. Western governments are gleefully cheering on genocide while crushing anyone opposing the ongoing murder of more than a million palestinians. Also it's loving pathetic that news orgs trying to cover the situation won't come out and directly say that their journalists are being targeted and murdered by apartheid nazis. Cucks.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

The baby beheading lie failed so now they're trying another angle

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

While it's great to see demonstrations in solidarity with Palestine, the ruling classes will ignore them like they always do. The only way to stop settler nazis from committing genocide is to actually intervene and stop them.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

BillsPhoenix posted:

Crazy idea I've been thinking about.

The president of the US is not a dictator or all powerful. The courts, congress, and moreso corporations and 'special interest groups/pacs', along with privately held media have a large amount of power.

Suppose Biden is actually truly anti war unless it's with Russia.

If he denounced Israel's very bloodthirsty response, he'd be impeached rapidly.

If he shows anything other than unwavering support for Israel, his nomination by the dems is in question.

Most of his aids, speech writers, and close allies are blatantly pro Israel and bloodlust, he's not going to get much help, they maybe even told him the baby reports had been vetted. (They did)

So what are his actual options? Strong words coupled with, situationally worthless carrier groups buys time, and avoids boots on the ground escalation.

What, realistically, are other options he has given the insane bloodlust by powerful entities surrounding him?

It doesn't really matter what senile corpse happens to be nominally in charge of the country. The president is just the mouthpiece of a larger apparatus that wants to maintain capitalist hegemony globally. Apartheid Israel is an important part of that. If the president were to come out against the genocide, he'd just be replaced by some other psycho. Actual change requires DTI and DTA.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

BillsPhoenix posted:

This is roughly what I'm going for, except pretend Biden is truly working for peace, surrounded by all this.

Sending carrier groups seems to be one of the most effective ways to not really do anything.

for the love of all that is good, don't vote for Biden

well he isn't working for peace

as for the spoilered part, lol if you think voting matters

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

I can't emphasize this enough:

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Any news about Hezbollah, are they still hemming and hawing?

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but why would you harass families of the abducted? Is it because getting hostages back would involve trade-offs and thus capitulation to the enemy's demands? Because that's still pretty psychotic to react that way :psyduck:

Well judging by their insane reaction to the attacks, yes they are psychotic. They want to murder Palestinians and saving hostages would just get in the way of said murder.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Welcome back

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Death By The Blues posted:

The martyered toll is now over 1000

jfc

and ol' genocide joe is on his way to shake hands with the monsters that did this

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Hezbollah and others, harden your hearts

it's time to end this

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

4d3d3d posted:

They call Palestinians animals and announce their own intentions to wipe them out and this doesn't legitimate self-defense against them?? The easiest layup in history but we still can't get it right and withdraw all support or do something more proactive to stop this

America and its vassals support the zionist nazis, always have. The mask is fully off now.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

nazi bitch posting pro-nazi takes, quelle surprise

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

if hamas had rockets that could do that much damage, israel would be a crater by now

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

I hope something really funny happens to dementia in chief during the visit

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Judgy Fucker posted:

You know, they never found Hitler's body.

What if Netanyahu is actually Hitler 1????

That would explain why Scholz is so eager to lick his boot

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

yeah I fear this obvious war crime is going to get the Kunduz treatment

months/years later: we did an oopsie woopsie sorry not sorry

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

i am harry posted:

what was that number from the UN on how many dollars it would take to end world hunger..?

Less than 10 billion afaik but it isn't really about money. There's enough food produced that it could easily feed everyone on the planet but the powers that be don't want to do that. Cruelty is the point.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in corporate newsrooms to see how this poo poo is disseminated. They all fell in line so quickly.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

biden is the perfect president for this moment because he's absolutely been told multiple times it was an israeli JDAM but 30 minutes later he won't even have to pretend he doesn't know

lol

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

there won't be peace in the world until the great satan and its lapdogs are destroyed

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

IOF know their western lib audiences don't understand arabic so that sloppy fake phone call would just be uncritically accepted
then again, they could say they blew the gently caress out of that hospital and libs would twist themselves into pretzels to justify that war crime

antipattern has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Oct 18, 2023

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Buddykins posted:

:ducksiren::frogsiren::parrot::pgabz::dogcited:DEATH 2 ISRAEL DEATH 2 AMERICA:dogcited::pgabz::parrot::frogsiren::ducksiren:

forever and always

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

pathetic little coward

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Retromancer posted:

Hey guys, remember when people turned out in the thousands to protest the Iraq war and it effected nothing and we killed a million people?

I just thought of that today for no reason whatsoever.

That's why cuckbollah and other groups should get off their asses. Protests don't achieve anything, especially in the west.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

This guy seemed promising a while ago, oh well. Another dog of the empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

lol he can barely string together a sentence