Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

gradenko_2000 posted:

The American occupation disarmed the Iraqi military as part of debaathification, and then the CIA fed that entire region with guns and explosives via the Libyan ratline as part of Operation Timber Sycamore's aim of deposing Bashar al-Assad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1742340042389934452?s=20

One of the weirdest stories of the war so far. A 15 year old stole a car and did a hit-and-run on the one guy in Seattle who was also a 40 year old major in the IAF.

based

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Grilled Beef posted:

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1744162619869569486

I fully endorse the settlers driving around in Gaza. May they remain there the rest of their lives🍉

more seriously though:

They are going to set up outposts in Gaza and dare the government whose survival relies on appeasing the settler right to stop them.

If the government turns them away, it undercuts their assertion they have northern Gaza under control. It also pisses off a block they need to stay in power.

If they let them in and they get taken hostage or killed, it is a disaster for the government. Even if the IOF claims about eliminating Hamas there are true (which I highly doubt, not the least because of the very specific verbiage they used in the declaration) they will still be in danger of short range rockets .

If they let them in and they stay, it forces a confrontation in the cabinet on what the next step of the plan is, when they very much don’t want that clarity. Intelligence, Finance, National Security, and Netanyahu himself have all advocated ethnic cleansing, Defense just dropped a plan for America to come in with troops under Israeli command to occupy Gaza, which seems so out of touch with reality that one has to suspect it was proposed simply to discredit the idea of alternatives to the ethnic cleansing. But support from America right now seems to hinge on ambiguity, if they have to come out with a clean plan that makes it harder because then it can be judged.

Oh and there is the additional impact this will have on the region, there will be just the simple optics of them going in yes. But also all the people going in are going to keep posting on social media like morons and those posts will upset things just like the posts from Israeli soldiers looting and similar do now.

ww3 picking up momentum

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

blessed

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Psychology is bourgeois bullshit.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

blessed

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

aBagorn posted:

did you find these from actual zionists or are they satire?

the idf posted lol

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How many interceptors did it take to shoot them down?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-uk-iran-rebels

The US military’s Central Command (Centcom) said the “complex attack” launched by the Houthis included bomb-carrying drones, anti-ship cruise missiles and one anti-ship ballistic missile.

It said 18 drones, two cruise missiles and the anti-ship missile were downed by F-18s from the USS Eisenhower, as well as by American Arleigh Burke-class destroyers the USS Gravely, the USS Laboon and the USS Mason, as well as the UK’s HMS Diamond.

:stare:

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

couple of hundred billion here and there and eventually you’re talking real money

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

if true I'm genuinely surprised

https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1745170252864876794?s=20

I'm willing to bet they supported it because they know it's rigged.

what I think you need to remember is, the world is winning ww3 against the great satan

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mr Hootington posted:

Thought we didn't want a wider conflict.

can’t win. can’t back down. i believe this is what they refer to as a contradiction.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Love to telegraph my attacks openly and if going all in immediately saying that you arent escalating and dont wish to expand and that it was a meassurrd response

the us has been stalling for weeks, first trying to send vassals to get shot at, then trying to run the blockade with special forces attached, then going through the UN Security Council (which passed but only after China, Russia, Algeria, and Mozambique abstained), and now doing the “hold me back bro” bit

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Stairmaster posted:

so if the us and uk bomb yemen won't yemen start attacking american and british vessels in the red seas?

they’ve been doing that for months already and they engaged an entire carrier group on tuesday lol

e: but I suppose you meant commercial traffic

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

god they’re so cool

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Fast Luck posted:

is it really kicking off? Because the US/UK launched attacks against an anti-genocide blockade?

Funniest thing was first the US tried to do “prosperity guardian” and couldn’t protect ships at all, but they can drop bombs!

looks like it

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

if theres one thing that will surely ensure american hegemony going forward, its opening up a new front in the 2 front proxy war and getting involved directly. no consequences to this whatsoever.

yep, ww3 is on and the world will win

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

While the US & the rest bomb Ansar Allah's military bases, the Israelis are threatening to destroy all of Lebanon.

https://twitter.com/The_NewArab/status/1745605300558643701?s=20

just zooming past any possible deescalation paths

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The entire stockpile of First World military power is getting depleted at an unsustainable level, and nobody is interested in avoiding more wars that will deplete it only further. This could be revolutionary in world affairs. It's gonna be a multipolar world real quick.

I don’t know why more people aren’t shouting this from the rooftops.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Ardennes posted:

I think the blockade is working as intended and that Israel and its allies are starting to feel the pinch. There really isn't an other explanation that makes sense.

The thing is Houthis probably decentralized most of that material already (they have been fighting for years against the Saudis) and one strike isn't going to make a huge difference.

It boils down to the fact the US and Israel only know force and violence, and this is their only solution to the issue.

remember when the combined diplomatic corps of china and the us finally arranged a meeting between xi and biden, only for biden to immediately call xi a dictator as soon as the meeting ended? force and violence indeed, alas it will take a few sunken ships to learn the lesson

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

based

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Spaced God posted:

HES COMING RIGHT TOWARDS ME *launches seventy missiles at civilians*

wow officer, very brave and modern policing

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

euphronius posted:

from where ?

the 1940s

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Lord of Pie posted:

Biden managing to undo the Sino-Soviet split and bring back pan-Arabism at the same time would be the biggest political lmao of my lifetime

yep

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

based

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

OctaMurk posted:

The Regional War No One Wanted Is Here. How Wide Will It Get?
With the U.S.-led attacks in Yemen, there is no longer a question of whether the Israel-Hamas war will escalate into a wider conflict. The question is whether it can be contained.

From the outbreak of the Israeli-Hamas war nearly 100 days ago, President Biden and his aides have struggled to keep the war contained, fearful that a regional escalation could quickly draw in American forces.

Now, with the American-led strike on nearly 30 sites in Yemen on Thursday and a smaller strike the next day, there is no longer a question of whether there will be a regional conflict. It has already begun. The biggest questions now are the conflict’s intensity and whether it can be contained.

The New York Times

lol these morons have no idea that they’re even in ww3 much less losing

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

lol the us really must be out of ammo

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

WoodrowSkillson posted:

that or just no one thinks bidens loving orders make sense and they are maliciously complying

dude legit thinks some bombing runs will intimidate the houthis

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Given modern designs I wouldn't be surprised if the plane only had one missile

Could be a bit of both, they know they don't have the resources to actually do things effectively so they're going through the motions

out of ammo or insubordinate, both signs of a strong and mighty empire

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the Hague Invasion Act of 2002, still in effect, applies to americans as well as america's allies

“the icj has violated the hague invasion act, lets see them enforce it”

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

lol. lmao.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Yemeni speedboats aren't going to cruise up the Thames now matter how much I pray

not with that attitude

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Nail Rat posted:

I get it and apologize. I'll leave it be from now on.

Just stick to dti and you’ll be fine

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

holy poo poo

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

OhFunny posted:

US says it shot down Houthi missile in first attack since strikes on Yemen

The Houthi have resume firing. This time targeting the USS Laboon.

quote:

A US fighter aircraft shot down the anti-ship cruise missile after it was fired from a Houthi-controlled area of Yemen towards the USS Laboon in the Red Sea, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said on Sunday.

lol is there even anyone left in the air force or navy who has faced someone who can shoot back before?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

just a flesh wound

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We've been posting about the inability of First World powers to ramp up production for something as straightforward as artillery shells since the Ukraine war started, and now this event is giving everyone reason to ramp up their navies as well. At a time when US dockyards are practically derelict.

wish I had the links handy to articles claiming that arms manufacturers still haven’t ramped up production capacity because the US won’t agree to multi-year contracts lmao

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

based

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Burn Zone posted:

reports of explosions in Erbil Iraq, sirens in US consulate

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1747000241742614623

Stairmaster posted:

there aint no way lol

Burn Zone posted:

not an expert but these definitely seem to be coming in a lot faster than a drone

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1747002982133043684

Sancho Banana posted:

Uhhh

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1746751628663787892?t=ZHZnpKY8E8k7JcAC2F1gJg&s=19

I'm tempted to say that this is a cover up but then again, it would be very funny if it was real

Burn Zone posted:

looks like Iran also hit ISIS in Syria at the same time

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1747009581060948091

very powerful energy from page 245

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Maya Fey posted:

37 US personel reported missing off the coast of Somalia

sounds like the Somalis are about to find out why the VA can’t provide healthcare

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1748009669761638514?s=20

I think there's a genuine panic spreading throughout international finance. Global capitalism has never been threatened so directly like this, and by a group that won't be deterred by economic or military violence. These people are used to getting their way all the time every time.

VoicesCanBe posted:

I feel like the US ruling class has been in panic ever since Oct. 7th. They really have no idea how to handle this, and realize that Israel's genocide is destroying their entire geopolitical strategy in the Middle East. But Biden is completely committed and isn't going to abandon Israel. So they're stuck - deterrence has completely failed, and they can't generate sufficient force to keep all of these theatres from activating at once.

If Hamas, Ansarallah, Hezbollah, and Iran keep pushing, it'll make their positions untenable.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

where do you all see this war going from here?

even as we’re bombing Yemen it seems like things in the levant itself are kind of de escalating. the problem with that is it could just fall off the news, leaving Gaza destroyed and its people in tent cities and dying of starvation, while Israel remains at a sustainable level of low-intensity perpetual war. this sort of works to the benefit of both Biden and Netanyahu.

of course, if this happens, things will come to a head again inevitably, either in further action by hamas or mounting economic and political problems in Israel. but it could be a while until then.

the us is losing ww3