Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I hope you like guano in your shoe.

It's fine. Once the birb finishes tearing out all the lining and insole the shoe will be too uncomfortable to wear anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

How do they resist the natural urge to murder their young? How are these things ever bred in captivity?

Bird ladies must be even crazier than cat ladies.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bugger off, we're full!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j53Zg0EIjIo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

snergle posted:

why does she stick the peices of paper in her feathers? Also it looks like she is making specific shapes to stick in her feathers.

It is for carrying nesting materials. But you shouldn't let them do it unless you intend to breed them, because it makes them mean and broody. Once the female gets broody she will keep laying eggs whether she has a mate or not. So it's another one of those things that is both cute and indicates the human involved is a moron.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dye that birb green and she'd could star in the next jurrasic park movie.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maybe a Chupacabra?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I got some original birb content from my trip to Beacon Hill Park a few years ago. Not a great photographer, but a birb is a birb.

The stars of the show. Bastards who steadfastly refused to show off their fancy tail fans the whole time I was there.

Here we have some sort of duck.

A duck with a cotton ball stuck to his head. There were several like this, a rare example of duck fashion trends, I assume.

What even is this? The feet say duck, but I'm leaning toward extraterrestrial visitor.

Absolute unit.

In conclusion, Canada is a land of contrasts. Also ducks.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Master Twig posted:

drat. Almost forgot to post a birb today. Too much time with doggo.

A good birb.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Master Twig posted:

Yay. Saturday.

I send most of these to my mom, so thanks from my mom it brightens her day. :)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cliff Racer. :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

nurrwick posted:

This yawning, weird-necked fellow isn't supposed to be in my neck of the woods at all...

Why is this birb covered in stickers? Is he part of a crime scene?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I wonder how many times a day the pigeon gets someone to do that for them?

He's not even thirsty. Dance, puppets, dance!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder if that's what a T-rex sounded like. No roars, only chirps and whistles.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Birbs sure do love stomping.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beartaco posted:

Wait, didn't we just find a human (child) sized parrot? Where are all these giant bird fossils coming from?

What do you mean? They've always been here. Oh, wait, did you just Berenstain Bears in from a dimension that isn't over-run by monsterous fowl? Must have been nice.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kanine posted:

i wish i could have a single unit of food bigger than my entire being

i should do some research on growing huge vegetables

The heaviest pumpkin in 2016 was 2624 pounds. But it was ugly and it isn't like you're going to just carve off a chunk and start chewing.
If you aren't a huge chonker a giant watermelon might be a better choice. The record is 350 pounds. Like the tiny birb you could just sit next to a watermelon and start eating.

Sadly I couldn't find an pictures of birds posing with humorously oversize vegetables, so here's a crow in a PET scanner.

https://www.audubon.org/magazine/march-april-2016/meet-bird-brainiacs-american-crow

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://twitter.com/DannyDutch/status/1194886790118809600

Okay, but what if owls are actually aliens?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RoboRodent posted:

Suddenly I am wondering how you get a job like "Raven master of the tower of London," because that sounds like a dream job.

Pretty sure you have to kill the previous RavenMaster and steal his magical sigil. It's a tough fight too, because he's protected by dozens of ravens.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LOL this guy is gonna get murdered by a birb.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Woah this bird can levitate!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like how the cat is not at all surprised or particularly concerned.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inceltown posted:

Not gonna lie, magpies have the best bird call. Sorry that your opinion is wrong instead of this fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06Uwp74AGM

Your modem sounds weird.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bert Roberge posted:

https://i.imgur.com/mFGCPr8.gifv

An argus pheasant trying his best.

Next level manspreading.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zil posted:

That is an impressive wattle, but now I want to see what it looks likes while flying

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh look, it's Corvid 19 and she brought all her friends.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coxswain Balls posted:

I see much more than 19 corvids

She has a lot of friends, okay? A real social butterfly.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tufted coquette hummingbird from South America

(from imgur)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RoboRodent posted:

Three sharp-shinned hawk siblings, just out of the nest and on their first flight.

They look like they just found out humans call them "sharp-shinned". Got these cool beaks and talons, but humans gotta point out your shins.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Heath posted:

I don't know what's happening there, but I love it all the same.

Water birds like to eat food wet. The food in the bowl is dry, so he wets each mouthful manually. The fish have learned birb=food so they get all up in his business to catch any crumbs he drops.

You could probably do the same thing on land with a school of unruly labrador retrievers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnW89osj0g

Poetry
Strawberries
Strawberries
Strawberries
Strawberries
Strawberry Yogurt
Easy Water
Jeans
Harry
Big Tofu
Big
Big
Red Retreat
Milk
Berry
Apple
Berry
Berry
Berries

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh no. That is too much parrot. A toddler with bolt cutters on his face should not be that large.

Is that his owner, or his hostage?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nobody here but us chickens.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1stGear posted:

Anecdotal, but I spent a summer working with a falconer who had a Eurasian eagle-owl.. Beautiful, huge, dumb as gently caress.

The vultures, on the other hand, would constantly figure out how to unlock their mews and the raven he had was the only bird I've ever met that judged me.

Only God Ravens can judge me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Imagine the day she runs out of crackers tho. Those birbs will ruin her poo poo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moving out? Hate your landlord? Attract as many wild boltcutter-faced birds to your building as possible before you go.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pookah posted:

A happy soggy birb :3:

I just found a picture I took while on holiday in New Zealand. I think it's a black-browed albatross; they have crazy double-folding wings!

Does it look like he has a shiny gold beak to anyone else?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hey ladies.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bored posted:

I’m guessing the bird is safe because it is deer season? I wouldn’t think it would be considered cool to kill a tiny bird with a massive, compound bow...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ocaZb-bGg

Hunters generally aren't out there plinking at every animal they see. I suppose drunken assholes might, or people who are starving, but most hunters are out there with specific types of animal in mind.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inceltown posted:

Work on having denser belly blubber and commit to landing on your stomach rather than knees as you fall forward. You can also travel faster while sliding on your belly now if the ice allows for it.

Just shape your body into a chubby torpedo. No big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Regarde Aduck posted:

I do wonder what most goons do that gets them into so much trouble with geese

i've never had problems with them and i think most non-goons just hate all the goose poo poo rather than the constant fear of being attacked

Geese were big fans 4chan back in the day and the rivalry will never end.