Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bump_fn posted:

this thread is for predicting what stupid nightmare poo poo will go down once trump decides to invade Iran on false pretences
at least 0.7 vietnams worth of dead US soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"my own personal vietnam, because i haven't made it yet" :smugdon:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bump_fn posted:

whats the Iraq invasion at, .5 vietnams?
5.5 vietnams and counting in terms of civilian casualties :w00t:

if you count contractors and incapacitated/irreversibly wounded, the coalition casualties are just 0.3 vietnams, 0.1 if you don't

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

logikv9 posted:

can't wait for this country to declare war on somebody who actually knows how to fight, so we can have all our trillion-dollar equipment explode when the wind gets too strong or something and then we'll have to buy more
unironically

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Smythe posted:

it would be a real bummer if japan got nuked again. a real, real bummer.
hopefully when i am living in it :pray:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Having servicemen get killed in a war actually has a reinforcing effect where the reactionary elements in your society become even more committed to the war effort even if they know it's a bad idea.
the sunk cost fallacy is real, unlike political calculus (my west wing fan fiction!!!!! mr. sorkin may i have your autograaaaaaph)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

jesus christ kissinger just die already

nobody wants you in this world
he's a proud participant in dick cheney's "eat infants for immortality" program