Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The catch rule sucks, but there is never going to be a good alternative. Because I guarantee we'd end up with some game winning score where a dude holds the football for a microsecond and has it go flying out of his hands and people will be screaming bloody murder.

Brian Burke proposed "the ball can't touch the ground when catching the ball" along with "two feet down after catching the ball and you're a runner."

Which I think is at least cleaner then what we have, even if it results in more incompletions overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's a weird situation because there aren't many apartments that let you go month to month let alone week to week, so it becomes a situation where you want to find a motel 6-esque situation, and that quickly can get pretty expensive.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barnwell proposed convening a panel of half ex-WR's and half ex-DB's, who would immediately vote on questionable receptions.

Basically, the "do 50 drunks in a bar agree on X", standard for NFL rules.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, not sure why they didn't just spike the ball to stop the clock, take the three points and send it to overtime.

Running a play was the smart thing to do, but the second it was as obviously dead as that play was he should've spiked it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

meteor wouldn't take out Tom.

It'd impact, massive devastation, horrific viscera everywhere, and Tom would just be sitting at ground zero motioning for a flag.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Steelers signed Stevan Ridley and put James Conner on IR.

You know, for all those snaps Bell doesn't play.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Belichick asked about the catch rule:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TSBX posted:

Hmm yes James Develin has done a super job of catching 6 passes this year which means he makes the Pro Bowl while the FB in front of the league's best rushing attack who punched 2 TD's in last week gets snubbed.

I don't know who you're referring to, but Develin is a very good blocking fullback who's played more snaps then any FB in the AFC this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hifi posted:

what do people think of chandler jones as dpoy? he's leading the league in sacks and (i think) TFLs, with not a lot of front 7 help around him

I think Aaron Donald probably has the lead at the moment after doing that to Russel Wilson, but it's a pretty open field with him, Calais Campbell and one of the Vikings guys and probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting. I think outside of Watt or sack record, the vote tends to get split a bunch of different ways.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

OxySnake posted:

Edit: Otherwise about expected for quite a few positions. Although Pat Develin for FB? Do the Pats even use a FB?

James Develin!

And the 49ers use a FB 32% of the time, the Patriots are 2nd in the league, at just over 30% of the time.

Basically defenses went smaller and faster to combat all those 3+ WR sets everyone uses now, so the Patriots go 2 TE, FB as their base set and run on those formations.

I don't watch FB poo poo at all, the Jags guy might deserve it more, or the Chiefs guy for all I know. But Develin is the most used FB in the AFC, and what more could you ever know about another team's fullback

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

It's pretty clear that the Bills need to move on from Tyrod, clearly they have no interest in installing an effective offense. Going by how good Watkins/Woods/Goodwin have been this year the Bills offense should have be one of the tops in the NFL last year. Especially with LeSean McCoy at RB as well.

The Bills offense was good last year, they were 10th by DVOA. Their defense was one of the worst in football though because of the magic of the Ryan bros.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

🎶 Entire meetings in jingle 🎶

Pizza slides out of oven right between Peyton's bowlegs and as his sack rolls over it the pizza becomes magically covered in meatball and sausage.

Better Ingredients, Better Pizza.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol at the idea of Jimmy G accomplishing more in his career then Brady will from age 40 on.

Also turns out having a quack doctor can work out alright as long as you're obscenely wealthy.

Just look at the president.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How far away from Favre's games started record would Brady be if he didnt miss the 08 season

Brady would still be 2 full seasons behind Favre.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

he hired good PR people.

Yeah, he must've immediately hooked up with JJ Watt's guy.

And this is pretty much the perfect response.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^^ He does not, but his contract is not exactly trade friendly, and what on earth could you possibly get in return that would make sense for a 40 year old playing as the presumptive MVP?

(mostly) Steelers miced up from the end of the game last Sunday:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/944402515923124225

It's really amazing to watch how fast poo poo goes down in situations like that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Unless this results in Hue sheepishly walking out onto the field tomorrow without the team behind him because Chomps ate them, then I don't want to hear about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

The 49ers have plenty of cap space to franchise Jimmy G if they need to, right?

They have $116m in cap space next year and like $55m this year, so yeah they can sign an entirely new team if they wish.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most sensible thing for the Browns to do would be to offer Gordon a 2+ year contract with a low base salary, but a ton of incentives.

Costs them nothing if he fucks up and gives him the chance to be a solidly paid player if he performs.

There's absolutely no reason to hose him with a minimum contract, they need goodwill FAR more then they need cap space currently.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/945108563646713858

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's pretty funny they didn't do it because the Steelers might have nothing to play for if the Pats win.

Despite that being the exact reason we want them to move that game.

Also Gronk is a scholar:

https://streamable.com/zyqs8

• Locked thread