Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brunom1 posted:

Mark Destiny Gundam (Shinn Asuka)

Force Mark Impulse Gundam (Lunamaria Hawke)

Fixed that for you. And this is the Mark Destiny in non-SD proportions.

Anyway, I was right about not being able to catch up to you before you finish L, but congrats on that. That's one more notch on your belt, and I looking forward to another great LP from you for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brunom, Are you going to play the DLC stages as well?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're seriously tearing through this game. I'm glad I'm not playing along because I wouldn't be able to keep up.

After ten thousand years of evolution, the RB 79 Ball has finally reached its final form!

EclecticTastes posted:

I think Gundam Maxter's hoverboard is more of a surfboard than skateboard, which of course means that in theory, Chibodee Crockett could hang with the Eureka 7 crew and now I want that to be in the next SRW after X.

I didn't know how much I needed that until now.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brunom, you're speeding through this like a demon.

Also, I just want to point out the mind-boggling stupidity of:
"Only ninjas can pilot these robots."
"I can pilot the robot."
"You must be a ninja."
"No. Definitely not a ninja."
"In that case, let's go to Earth so we can find a ninja who can pilot this robot."

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AradoBalanga posted:

Ishigami is more of a practical joker and less of the cunning strategist we've seen shades of so far in UX. He has his moments of comedy in the manga, but the anime amplifies them to extreme limits.

I hope we get to see this. Having neither seen the anime nor read the manga, I'm interested in seeing the differences. So far though, the only hint that I've seen that Ishigami is not a practical joker is that his sushi wasn't being played up for laughs.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Couple of typos.

Brunom1 posted:

[b]Back to JUDA, Ogawa’s just reported on a directed the Japanese government sent.

That should be "directive."

Brunom1 posted:

Here’re of convos we missed today:

Here are the.

Onmi posted:

spoiler

Have you read the plot summary for ZZ:ANT? The ending reveal with Char and Haman is great. https://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/466-ZZ-Gundam-A-New-Translation

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm still pulling for a heroic Zeon line-up including 0080, Thunderbolt, and CDA. Maybe use the MSG novels so Char can get a Gundam.

Char does not get a Gundam in the novels. The Char Aznable Custom Gundam comes from Gihren's Greed. Although Kycilia shoots Gihren in the dick from the palm of Char's Rick Dom, and then Char rotates the wrist of his MS and let's her fall to her death.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alacron posted:

Since we're getting into Trailblazer here, I thought the thread could use a quick primer on what happened in the 00 TV series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcEY2EcQeZY

If anyone wants to get deeper this is a summary of S2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPODZYHW4E

Technically it's a preview, but having watching 00S2, everything they said happened in one way or another.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm not all that familiar with 00 outside of SRW, what's so bad about the second season? I recall the Gundams generally being pretty rad, at least. Also, I think the big difference between Awakening of the Trailblazer and Endless Waltz is that Endless Waltz had BGMs that weren't boring. I'd include the series itself just for Daybreak's Bell and Hakanaku mo Towa wa Kanashi.

Let's put it this way. 00S1 was a departure from the way Gundam normally works. There are a lot of plot similarities to Wing, but it's really it's own beast. Of course it's Gundam so you've got a lot of pretty fights, but there's a lot of secrecy, machinations, politics, etc. Celestial Being isn't painted as the good guys so much as people that are intentionally doing wrong to bring about a better future. For people familiar with SRW OG, Celestial Being is the Divine Crusaders, but less mustache twirling evil, and more people that have severe personal issues.

S1 ends, the world has been united under a new Federation, but it's been corrupted from inception by renegade Innovades (artificial humans). Due to fan complaints, S2 was a far more by the book Gundam story. The funny names for the artificial humans don't bug me because I've seen enough Tomino anime to not get worked up over it. One of the big issues is that Lockon Stratos II doesn't fully become his own character although people saying that there's no difference between them aren't paying enough attention. Allelujah has his story arc finish up way too quickly and he becomes part of the scenery instead of a character.

It also takes one of the worst parts of Zeta, a lot of small but inconclusive battles that feel like they're just there because it's a Gundam show and we need a battle. However, I think S2 had a strong conclusion. Even if S2 is worse than S1 in my opinion, it's completely worth watching both seasons.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HitTheTargets posted:

Tobikage showing up in space because of course he shows up in space reminds me of Rom By God Stoll. If only we had someone who could speechify on his level.

He showed up in space because he could sense Ranka, all the way from Earth. Hide your Rankas.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's take the Guntak and make it edgy AF.

Inferno-sama posted:

It's the 50th anniversary of him working, so all three exist for that. Here's the PV for Cutie Honey Universe.

I'm excited for the new Cutie Honey theme. It better not be the song from that PV.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellioning posted:

considering both Flash and RE: did it.

And Shin. Not sure about the live action ones though.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm completely lost as far as the story is going. To makes things worse, Shinn acting like a mature human being makes me think I'm in some alternate dimension.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's not the SEED Destiny part that's confusing me. It's a pleasant change of pace, and I can even believe something like that happening after the ending of the show. It's more that the rest of the story is confusing.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brunom1 posted:

: I’ve brushed up my shooting skills some, you see!

...while Luna sticks to the nearby positive terrain and shoots from range (she now knows Strike, and it’s decently priced!).

Shinn learned to be a rational human being. Luna learned to aim. This must be a sign of the apocalypse.

Brunom1 posted:

I question the safety of having Izuna Nerve Crack a Festum…!

That could make a nice non-standard unit loss condition. On the one hand, it'd be supremely annoying to anyone that got caught by surprise with that, but it would show some real dedication to the mechanics behind the source material.

Edit: Update close to the end of the previous page.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hooray for the return of one of the Iczer Robos at least. And Mangabarrels really is much better than animebarrels.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EclecticTastes posted:

We need an SRW with Linebarrels, GaoGaiGar, G Gundam, Iczer-1, and Giant Robo, maybe Tekkaman Blade, Detonator Orgun, Daibuster, and Full Metal Panic, too. Just get a ton of people at normal human size beating the crap out of giant robots.

That reminds me, after seeing Rennie's attack, I want to see Volfogg mentoring the Tobikage trio.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brunom1 posted:

Mentoring? I want to see Romina try to squeeze Volfogg into the cockpit of one of the Elshank's machines.

He can have gun-dober and gun-glue pilot the other two machines to help.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You mentioned that you could move Cham over to Marvel, right? Is the Twin Aura Attack different if you do so? (Just having Cham with Marvel instead of with Shou).

quote:

drat it, Mike, you’re not supposed to mix food that takes chili sauce with stuff that takes sesame sauce!
He can join Cagali and Andrew in the eternal debate of what sauce, chili or yogurt, you should have with a doner kebab. It's actually a trick question. The correct answer is just a little tomato sauce to get the wrap moist so it doesn't crack after you heat it up, and put lots and lots of thyme and pepper flakes.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All I know about Fafner is that it's an anime of gut-punches. So far, it's delivering.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brunom1 posted:

: Kazuki!

*Punch!*

Shinn has finally mastered the Bright Slap.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AradoBalanga posted:

the aptly nicknamed (and wonderfully crafted pun) Arios Speedwagon.

I get the aptness, but I seem to be missing the pun. Drop a hint?

Edit:
.|
V

Thanks.

General Revil fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 13, 2018

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alacron posted:

Yeah... "sacrificed" :commissar:

I had to check to file name to see that that was Andrei. I don't like the zoomed in icons from the game. Everyone knows anime uses hair to distinguish people.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inferno-sama posted:

No, no. Just... Just no.

But we have to listen to Athrun's song. It's part of the licensing deal when getting Macross. Just like you have to blow up after saying "It's a Gundam!" if you license Gundam Wing.

In all seriousness. That mission was amazing. The cross series interaction was great, and seeing all of the plot threads being woven together really made me appreciate the story they're trying to tell.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Montegoraon posted:

e: Wait, can Joey breathe in space? He shows up next to Heroman to deploy defensive fields or something, right?

I'm not positive, but I believe in SRW @, Giant Robo is remote controlled by its pilot hanging off the side of its head. In space maps, the kid is wearing a space suit.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EclecticTastes posted:

In Alpha, he just pilots from inside the battleship like Tetsujin 28 in Z2, IIRC.

Then it might have been SRW 64. I remember someone was posting sprite rips on /m/ and one of the images had the kid hanging off the side of Robo wearing a pilot suit.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AradoBalanga posted:

Kind of surprised that Banpresto didn't go all in and give him an extra attack that has Gorg throw his Pair-Up partner/an adjacent ally unit at an enemy target, however.

Assuming the SRW GC, Neo, and OE team hasn't been poo poo-canned over the catastrophe that was OE, that's something up their alley (and they'd have it cause a map effect as well).

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brunom1 posted:

: Jeez, we just got a parade of weird animals attacking our world! Next thing we know, we’re gonna be fighting giant octopi or something!

: Sorry to tell you, but I’m not subscribed to Men’s Space Monsters Monthly…

Considering Demonbane's source medium, I think I know what octopi that show up in Men's Space Monsters Monthly are all about.

Brunom1 posted:

: AAAAAAH!
: Ranka…?!
: It hurts… It hurts so much, Alto!

: RANKAAAAAAAAAA!!

drat it, Tobikage!

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AradoBalanga posted:

One thing that bums me out about UX is that Banpresto really had a chance to have fun with the ELS and what they can do, but played things safe and kept to what the ELS could do in Trailblazer proper. I mean, how could you not give us stuff like ELS Demonbane or ELS Mark Sein?

I want an ELS Libra crashing into Devil Axis while getting harassed by Festum trying to absorb it.

AradoBalanga posted:

On the other hand, yeah, I'm also of the opinion that Gundam Raphael looks hella dumb. It gets even more ridiculous when you realize that multiple people at Sunrise created/approved that design for the movie, and had no problems with how stupid the Raphael looks.

I think Tieria and Aqua should get together and have a conversation on the relative merits of pants and belts as unconventional headgear.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know it's just aliasing, but it looks like Ranka's dress is flapping in the wind here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3oA8LM8ibA&t=64s

Boksi posted:

Also I like how well they fused together Gundam and Fafner there. Of course, it helps that they have the same character artstyle.

I have no idea what you mean by fusing. They're from the same show so it makes sense that it all fits together. Yes, I'm joking.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brunom1 posted:

Holly figures on more won’t break the bank – she’s in (Psy begs her not to).
Typo

Brunom1 posted:

: My hair’s going to be so damaged if I don’t wash off this seawater, and soon…
: B-But this isn’t the time or place to think about that!

Wrong song link.

Well that's quite a few different themes all thrown in together, but I think it worked out really well.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirSystemError posted:

Random aside since you posted the Dunbine OP - I only found this out about half a year ago, which said friend of mine didn't even know about despite being a huge Dunbine fan, but there's an English version of it too. And it's pretty decent, I'd say.

It's pretty kick rear end in my opinion. It's not on youtube, and I can't register for tindeck, so have a MF link

Brunom1 posted:

: Amalgan’s our leader, so him being capture has got everyone on edge.

: And with it, the agonizing cries of the rebels that taint on nation will pave the way for our dream to be realized…!

Two typos.

That Byston Well stage was amazing. Also, Gim Ginens sounds like a Tomino name, not the name of a mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow. That was one hell of a ride. Thanks for LPing this Brunom. There certainly are a few things here and there that could have been done better, but this really is an example of how to masterfully craft a crossover story. Even the persisting secret mechanic makes sense within the bounds of the story.